Highest inflation since...

4 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Right after Carter's only term?

Yup, and now we are right after Trump's only term 

2 hours ago, Westside said:

As they should. Unless the polling machines mysteriously are shut off again. 

No, Trump just got his butt spanked 

22 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

What happened to that high inflation that (I’ll use the liberals stupid argument) Reagan inherited from Carter and do you have confidence that Biden will do the same?  

I believe the economic and financial conditions of 1980 and 2022 are completely different.  But the answer might come down to a few simple question. 

Do you think Powell and the Fed can or will do what Volker did which was a massive increase in interest rates?  Do you think the US economy of 2022 can handle interest rates of around 18% interest rates?  Or even 8%?  My assessment, without any doubts is NO.  Powell will talk a good game, downplay the impact on prices, and not do much of anything.  Especially in a year of mid-term elections.  He doesn't want to be accused of playing favorites even though the Fed claims to be "independent".  Nothing could be further from the truth.

Yesterday there was a rumor in the markets of an "emergency" 50 basis point rate hike coming as early as today.  Incredibly, there are investors and traders that still believe the Fed has some control over the situation.  Maybe asking another simple question which is if a rumor of the Fed raising rates a measly 50 basis point panics the markets how are they going to actually raise rates high enough to address 7.5% CPI reported inflation without tanking everything?  They can't.  

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, ALF said:

Covid really screwed up the supply chain , caused massive early retirements and labor shortage. The buck does stop with Biden and Congress who will pay big in midterms.

Wait.  I thought Demented Biden shut down the virus?  🦄  

• Like (+1) 1

ppl continue to fail to understand that the US requires more in taxes from a family that makes $175,000 is than a company that makes $5,000,000,000. 

Beyond that, they fail to get that they are being pitted against brown ppl when the real culprit is automation.

When was the last time you dealt with a bank teller? How about looked at an auto assembly line?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BillStime said:

Brandon’s fault

How about price and wage freezes like I mentioned months ago?  The cause of inflation may not be his fault but the fixes

lay on his desk.  What has he done to FIX the issue other then point blame and yell at reporters asking about it?

Leaders lead.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

How about price and wage freezes like I mentioned months ago?  The cause of inflation may not be his fault but the fixes

lay on his desk.  What has he done to FIX the issue other then point blame and yell at reporters asking about it?

Leaders lead.  

What happened the last time a president imposed a freeze on prices and wages?

4 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Sounds like the campaign messaging for November 2022 is going to be don't blame us, blame evil corporations and business owners for price increases.  

Since it's proveably accurate, it's probably a good choice. I do realize that it won't work because of the enormous amount of folks who are ignorant of what's happening and those too dense to process it.

• Vomit 1