Highest inflation since...

3 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

This is pretty misleading for our illiterate right on this board.

”The cost of transporting fruit from California and Arizona to Canada climbed 25% last week”

This is an increase in food prices from US to Canada. The lack of vaccine wouldn’t impact US to US sales.

So your article has zero affect on US inflation and is highly misleading here.

Id argue it probably has a positive effect on US inflation since a logistics company would just route the 50 percent of drivers who normally would go to Canada to further US destinations. Thus helping US supply and decreasing prices.

So if you're right we'll see the cost of food and other products start to drop any moment now. Can you tell me when that will be? I'm hungry and it's almost dinner time here in Southern California.

5 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

This is pretty misleading for our illiterate right on this board.

”The cost of transporting fruit from California and Arizona to Canada climbed 25% last week”

This is an increase in food prices from US to Canada. The lack of vaccine wouldn’t impact US to US sales.

So your article has zero affect on US inflation and is highly misleading here.

Id argue it probably has a positive effect on US inflation since a logistics company would just route the 50 percent of drivers who normally would go to Canada to further US destinations. Thus helping US supply and decreasing prices.

You're honestly not that ***** dumb are you?  Look around.  

article-2525602-1A2B2A3600000578-553_634x408.jpg

12 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

So if you're right we'll see the cost of food and other products start to drop any moment now. Can you tell me when that will be? I'm hungry and it's almost dinner time here in Southern California.

What do you mean if I’m right. My point was the article posted is misleading because it’s about Canada. Where there are policies that aren’t in place in the US.

So ofcourse I’m right. That’s what the article is about!

So unless you move to Canada the article has 0 effect on you being poor and not being able to afford food.

For that, I’d suggest you just pull yourself up by the bootstraps. You’re only poor because you choose to be poor.

10 hours ago, Irv said:

You're honestly not that ***** dumb are you?  Look around.  

article-2525602-1A2B2A3600000578-553_634x408.jpg

Irv, I know you’re part of the illiterate right here. I know from your posts you just what a mess and have no educational background to make good factual analysis.

But even for a low IQ voter like yourself, please tell me how vaccine requirements that do not allow US food truckers into Canada impact US supply. 

Literally the policy in the article has no impact on goods being delivered to the US.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

What do you mean if I’m right. My point was the article posted is misleading because it’s about Canada. Where there are policies that aren’t in place in the US.

So unless you move to Canada the article has 0 effect on you being poor and not being able to afford food.

For that, I’d suggest you just pull yourself up by the bootstraps. You’re only poor because you choose to be poor.

Irv, I know you’re part of the illiterate right here. I know from your posts you just what a mess and have no educational background to make good factual analysis.

But even for a low IQ voter like yourself, please tell me how vaccine requirements that do not allow US food truckers into Canada impact US supply. 

Literally the policy in the article has no impact on goods being delivered to the US.

Hello pot…. Meet kettle 

this excerpt apparently evaded your elite education and reading comprehension skills…

The US plans to impose a similar mandateon January 22, and trucking companies have already begun to boost their rates to compete for vaccinated truck drivers.

oops… 

Knowing The More You Know GIF by Joey Bada$$

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

I think the answer is the cross-border vaccine mandates for truckers will disrupt transportation capacity to bring goods across the border both ways.  The US plans to institute similar rules on 1/22.  Three days from today.  The mandates will result in fewer truck drivers meeting the international driver requirements which means less products being traded and moved between the US and Canada.  Fewer drivers means fewer trucks on the road with idle capacity and fewer deliveries.  Ultimately, the result is less product on the shelves, disruptions to supply chains, higher wages for drivers, higher freight charges, and ultimately higher prices at the stores as consumers knowing supply is disrupted and quite possibly limited will "hoard" products with the expectation future supplies will be tight.  Stores will in response institute purchase quantity limits to the affected items which will confirm consumer fears of supply issues.  The expectation is higher prices until and if the capacity constraints get sorted out and resolved or for some reason demand is lower.  Generally, the easiest way to cut demand is to raise prices. 

For US consumers I'm thinking paper and wood products will be one area to watch.  And its not just final goods that will be impacted but also inputs to factories and manufacturing facilities and processes.  

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/canada-s-vaccine-mandate-for-cross-border-truckers-is-now-in-effect-1.5741561

35 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Here’s a hint; I’m about as far from poor as anyone you’ll ever meet….and the bootstraps you’re so quick to mock have made it so. 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Here’s a hint; I’m about as far from poor as anyone you’ll ever meet….and the bootstraps you’re so quick to mock have made it so. 

Sorry, your
“I'm hungry and it's almost dinner time here in Southern California” 

made me think you can’t afford food in the context of the discussion.

Just now, Backintheday544 said:

Sorry, your
“I'm hungry and it's almost dinner time here in Southern California” 

made me think you can’t afford food in the context of the discussion.

No worries…even people above Biden’s ever rising poverty line wanna save a buck on their chicken wings leading up to Sunday’s big game. Go Bills! 

16 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I think the answer is the cross-border vaccine mandates for truckers will disrupt transportation capacity to bring goods across the border both ways.  The US plans to institute similar rules on 1/22.  Three days from today.  The mandates will result in fewer truck drivers meeting the international driver requirements which means less products being traded and moved between the US and Canada.  Fewer drivers means fewer trucks on the road with idle capacity and fewer deliveries.  Ultimately, the result is less product on the shelves, disruptions to supply chains, higher wages for drivers, higher freight charges, and ultimately higher prices at the stores as consumers knowing supply is disrupted and quite possibly limited will "hoard" products with the expectation future supplies will be tight.  Stores will in response institute purchase quantity limits to the affected items which will confirm consumer fears of supply issues.  The expectation is higher prices until and if the capacity constraints get sorted out and resolved or for some reason demand is lower.  Generally, the easiest way to cut demand is to raise prices. 

For US consumers I'm thinking paper and wood products will be one area to watch.  And its not just final goods that will be impacted but also inputs to factories and manufacturing facilities and processes.  

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/canada-s-vaccine-mandate-for-cross-border-truckers-is-now-in-effect-1.5741561

So if the US doesn’t institute the policy, would the get more truckers from Canada? It seems the Canadian policies in place already would have them vaccinated.

Plus this entire issue is solved with 1 easy thing…. GET VACCINATED

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

No worries…even people above Biden’s ever rising poverty line wanna save a buck on their chicken wings leading up to Sunday’s big game. Go Bills! 

dude, chicken wing prices are insane.

Maybe if we had a a border as easy to cross as Josh Allen crosses the LOS vs the Pats.

Edited by Backintheday544

23 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

If Canada already has a policy to have truckers vaccinated…. Then there truckers are vaccinated and any US policy would be moot.

And this again just rejects the idea that it’s easily solvable by truckers getting vaccinated.

39 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ll repeat it again here for some context grounded in REALITY. With the exception of one (a pregnant young lady), every single person of the dozens and dozens that got Covid over the holidays was either fully vaccinated or vaccinated AND boosted. 

Thank God those vaccinated ones can drive a truck to deliver fruit to Canada

Back to the inflation thread.....................

GREAT MOMENTS IN GASLIGHTING:

Gas prices are in the danger zone. Biden can’t do much about it.

President Joe Biden’s 2022 is off to a dreadful start. Prices at the pump could make it even worse.

Crude oil has already zoomed back to two-month highs. Gasoline prices, which move with a lag, have stopped their muted decline. And they’re starting to creep higher again.

The energy resurgence is only going to add to the economic anxiety gripping the United States and sinking Biden’s poll numbers.

“This is a terrible situation. Gas prices are in this political danger zone,” Helima Croft, head of global commodity strategy at RBC Capital Markets, told CNN.

The White House knows how deeply unpopular high gas prices are. That’s why Biden took sweeping action in November to intervene. The administration announced the largest-ever release of emergency crude reserves from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) in US history.

The return of $85 oil will pile pressure on Biden to act once again — and the administration is signaling further action is on the table.

“Tools continue to remain on the table for us to address prices. This is something the administration is continuing to watch and monitor very closely,” a White House official told CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/18/energy/gas-prices-inflation-biden/index.html?utm_content=2022-01-18T21%3A03%3A05&utm_term=link&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twCNNp

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Go to your local grocery store moron.  

Irv

B.S. Finance State University of NY at Buffalo '87

M.B.A. Finance University of Rochester Simon School of Business '02

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

So if the US doesn’t institute the policy, would the get more truckers from Canada? It seems the Canadian policies in place already would have them vaccinated.

Plus this entire issue is solved with 1 easy thing…. GET VACCINATED

dude, chicken wing prices are insane.

Maybe if we had a a border as easy to cross as Josh Allen crosses the LOS vs the Pats.

We do.  It's on the wrong end of the country though...

Edit: Wait, that's it!  Tie supplies to the backs of illegals flooding over the border.  Supply chain issue solved!

4 hours ago, Irv said:

Go to your local grocery store moron.  

Irv

B.S. Finance State University of NY at Buffalo '87

M.B.A. Finance University of Rochester Simon School of Business '02

As explained in another thread. I do not go to a grocery store. With a personal chef and Instacart that isn’t really a thing worth doing.

Having a degree doesn’t make someone intelligent.

As I said, “But even for a low IQ voter like yourself, please tell me how vaccine requirements that do not allow US food truckers into Canada impact US supply. ”

BECAUSE THE “EXPERTS” ARE DRIVEN MORE BY AGENDAS THAN INTELLECT? 

Why Did Almost Nobody See Inflation Coming? 

Forecasting inflation is a staple of macroeconomic modeling, yet virtually all economists’ predictions for the United States in 2021 were way off the mark. This dismal performance reflected a collective failure to take economic models seriously enough, as well as other analytical shortcomings.”

Talking about inflation was bad for the Democrats’ big-spending plan, so there was no talk about inflation.

Except from Republicans, whose views were dismissed as “far right conspiracy theory,” a phrase that we’ve learned translates pretty well as “things everyone will know in six months.”

https://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/2021-us-inflation-forecasting-errors-economic-models-by-jason-furman-2022-01

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

As explained in another thread. I do not go to a grocery store. With a personal chef and Instacart that isn’t really a thing worth doing.

Having a degree doesn’t make someone intelligent.

As I said, “But even for a low IQ voter like yourself, please tell me how vaccine requirements that do not allow US food truckers into Canada impact US supply. ”

Is Chef Jim your personal chef?  Wouldn't that be an odd coincidence? 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Is Chef Jim your personal chef?  Wouldn't that be an odd coincidence? 

Our chef is a female. It’s actually pretty awesome. She sends us a meal plan once a week, then grocery shops for the foods and cooks a weeks worth of dinner every Tuesday.

Chef fee is just $200 a week plus we give her the cash for the groceries.

For that cost, the time savings alone is so worth it. Plus it reduces eating out which can get expensive.

Edited by Backintheday544

1 minute ago, Backintheday544 said:

Our chef is a female. It’s actually pretty awesome. She sends us a meal plan once a week, then grocery shops for the foods and cooks a weeks worth of dinner every Tuesday.

Chef fee is just $200 a week plus we give her the cash for the groceries.

For that cost, the time savings alone is so worth it. Plus it reduces eating out which can get expensive.

That's pretty cool! But, I'm not sure my blue collar roots would allow it. Growing up in WNY my Mom would tell us "We have drinks at home!", every time we stopped at McDonald's....which was very rarely. And for that trade-off and many others Dad got season tickets to the Bills, where once again we'd eat home-made sandwiches and thermos of hot chocolate from our lower level seats at half-time. I considered all of it a trade well worth it.

Go Bills