Highest inflation since...

12 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Did you see the big disclaimer on the deaths graph the the numbers might be total BS? 

I personally don’t doubt draconian lockdowns slow viral transmission but I just thought it was interesting that it was presented as ‘results’

Finland, Denmark, and Norway are hiding their Covid deaths?  Would you like to see excess deaths?

Edited by Doc Brown

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

No the graph disclaimer literally said this data might not be accurate. You don’t read what you post? 

Yes.  All graphs will come with a disclaimer when it comes to comparing Covid statistics.  It doesn't mean they're automatically bs though.

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Yes.  All graphs will come with a disclaimer when it comes to comparing Covid statistics.  It doesn't mean they're automatically bs though.

I suppose I’m a purest.  Typically when someone presents a graph, but then says but the data might be all wrong for these multiple reasons I didn’t really look into, I’m skeptical about the ‘conclusions’.

I mean Turkmenistan didn’t do a lockdown and their covid death rates  are zilch... is that a conclusive result? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I suppose I’m a purest.  Typically when someone presents a graph, but then says but the data might be all wrong for these multiple reasons I didn’t really look into, I’m skeptical about the ‘conclusions’.

I mean Turkmenistan didn’t do a lockdown and their covid death rates  are zilch... is that a conclusive result? 

It's fine to be skeptical but any reputable graph would have a disclaimer as each country (or state for that matter when it comes to the US) has a different way of reporting Covid cases, tests administered, deaths, etc...  I'd be more suspicious if there wasn't a disclaimer.  

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

How'd Sweden do compared to its "lockdown" Nordic neighbors now that we finally have the numbers?  Here's how.....

thats a quick assesment on a ton of factors involved. 

simply look at what i pointed out and you can go all around the planet to pick and choose which bar graph affirms what story you want to tell. 

texas and florida had the guts against all those that said it would doom them all. thats not hyperbolic. they are proving the narrative wrong. if you dont think the media was not chomping at the bit to try and pull some disaster from them, your crazy. still waiting. the fact they havent, and still have not celebrated the risk and good decisions they made that should now be FOLLOWED tells me all i need to know. should tell you too.

people are under some illusion that the government mandates and shutdowns were a requirement otherwise us fools will walk around as if we have no friends and loved ones to look after. and we can't decide how to stay safe if not forced by government oversight. forget the hypocracy of small buisness being more "dangerous" then giant box retail ECT. ECT.ECT.... the list is long.

if you want to walk alone in a park and wear a mask like was idiotically mandated..GO AHEAD. want to quit GREAT your right where you should be either way. home and safe. if you feel uncomfortable in a area because they arent taking precautions DO NOT ENTER, QUARANTINE. 

i dont need sweden. i work in a factory with 1500 union members through this because it was deemed essential from the start. was i nervous? yes, at first. i personally took alot of precaution that were NOT MANDATED to keep my friends and family safe.

regardless.

ask me if i wished i got laid off. i i prefered sitting around hoping for unemployment to take care of my family with constant worry if my place would ever come back. as i patiently wait when poppa government will decide to eventually dictate my families future.

you got my answer.  but millions of others could never make that choice and people celebrated it. all while condemning those who did not wish that fate. condemning, all while getting their needs filled by sacrificial essentials. now they want to point at the economic impact effects that hurt us all and say...that's your fault too?

that doesn't compute. no matter what graph you wish to show me. 

Edited by Buffarukus

4 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

thats a quick assesment on a ton of factors? 

simply look at what i pointed out and you can go all around the planet to pick and choose which bar graph affirms what story you want to tell.

texas and florida had the guts against all those that said it doom them all. they are proving the narrative wrong. if you dont think the media was not chomping at the bit to try and pull some disaster from them, your crazy. the fact they havent, and still have not celebrated the risk and good decisions they made that should. that now should be FOLLOWED tells me all i need to know.

people are under some illusion that the government mandates and shutdowns were a requirement otherwise us fools will walk around as if we have no friends and loved ones to look after. and we can't decide how to stay safe if not forced by government oversight. 

if you want to walk alone in a park and wear a mask like was idiotically mandated..GO AHEAD. if you feel uncomfortable in a area because they arent taking precautions LEAVE. 

i dont need sweden. i work in a factory with 1500 union members through this because it was deemed essential. was i nervous? yes, at first. i personally took alot of precaution that were NOT MANDATED to keep my friends and family safe.

ask me if i wished i got laid off sat around hoping for unemployment to take care of my family with constant worry if my place would ever come back. as i patiently wait when poppa government to eventually dictate my families future.

you got my answer.  but millions of others could never make that choice and people celebrated it while condemning those who did not wish that fate. all while getting their needs filled by sacrificial essentials. now they want to point at the economic misery of these people and the effects that hurt us all and say...that's your fault too? 

that doesn't compute no matter what graph you wish to show me.

America repeatedly thanked their essential workers for the sacrifices they made.  My point with Sweden is nonessential workers were going to work increasing the spread and they paid for it.  I'd much rather have lived in any other Nordic country.  Looking back a year or so I think the US government (under mostly Trump and Biden) did a surprisingly decent job in handling this black swan event.  Trump's biggest problem was his communication to the public was awful even if his team was doing good work behind the scenes. They kept the economy afloat (generous unemployment benefits, stimulus checks, lowering interest rates, etc.), provided funding to develop a vaccine in record time, and distributed the vaccine to those most vulnerable at an impressive rate.  The 300 bucks for federal unemployment seems like overkill now but we didn't know wtf the variants would have on the vaccine.  This is all new territory.  

9 hours ago, 716er said:

Facts don't care

Yes "facts." 🙄

27 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Looks like Trump's buddy Putin is attacking our economy. Hacking pipelines now. 

Joey doesn't think so.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

America repeatedly thanked their essential workers for the sacrifices they made.  My point with Sweden is nonessential workers were going to work increasing the spread and they paid for it.  I'd much rather have lived in any other Nordic country.  Looking back a year or so I think the US government (under mostly Trump and Biden) did a surprisingly decent job in handling this black swan event.  Trump's biggest problem was his communication to the public was awful even if his team was doing good work behind the scenes. They kept the economy afloat (generous unemployment benefits, stimulus checks, lowering interest rates, etc.), provided funding to develop a vaccine in record time, and distributed the vaccine to those most vulnerable at an impressive rate.  The 300 bucks for federal unemployment seems like overkill now but we didn't know wtf the variants would have on the vaccine.  This is all new territory.  

It’s interesting that you cite the Covid communication differences between Trump and Biden. I’ve often read similar comments, but I honestly don’t see much of a difference. One guy was more of a glass half full message and the other guy prefers the glass half empty, but the ACTIONS of both of them and of the American people have not changed at all. Not one single bit. Everyone’s different but I prefer the glass half full guy. 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Chart might not be BS- California has gas prices that are Already at 4.15 a gallon and California has a lot of people which will weigh heavily. A better guage would be median price.

We’ve been hovering around $4 for a few months.  Ours is more our taxes and the mystery CA factor. 🙄

Gas is left off the core inflation numbers because there are so many factors that affect the price. 

29 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

According to Juan Williams, everything is fine all this is a blip ... Joe's America is on the way up !!!

Ahhhh yes, the resident moron at Fox. Everything that comes out of his mouth is pure liberal nonsense. I wonder how he says those things with a straight face. I cringe when he’s on. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Ahhhh yes, the resident moron at Fox. Everything that comes out of his mouth is pure liberal nonsense. I wonder how he says those things with a straight face. I cringe when he’s on. 

He seems like a nicer version of tibs.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

The hilarious part is the rest of his family are conservatives.

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

if you’re honest with yourselves they deliberately field the dumbest liberals they can find (I know, not hard) to peddle that fair and balanced be narrative  so they can easily push their agenda. 

Chris Wallace is a decent journalist.