Bills open as 6.5 point favorites vs Steelers week 1

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Steelers will cover that but the Bills will still win. That defense healthy is scary, and the Bills defense needs to keep Harris to under 50 yds rushing 

Najee will need to learn not to hurdle guys in the NFL. It’s a natural instinct for him. Let’s be real, he’s no Josh Allen, he just can’t be hurdling people when he wants to. 

There will be no where for him to run behind that line. Kid went to a tough spot. No offensive line and a 42 year old QB that looks like a offensive Lineman. And who’s the heir apparent QB of the future for NH to grow with ? 😳

On 5/13/2021 at 6:25 AM, Boxcar said:

The O/U is REALLY high.

Yeah. I like to do 6 leg teasers. Payouts are +600 so you only have to hit on them once every 5 weeks or so to keep even money.  If I do anything with this game it might be to tease the Under up to 57.5 A score of 30-27 with Pittsburgh's defense and Offense feels like a ton of points. 

On 5/13/2021 at 7:05 AM, fergie's ire said:

I just checked.  You are right it was indeed 6.5 points.  That surprises me because it seemed the general national consensus was that the Bills would be in that 7 and 9 to 9 and 7 range.  I guess it was just that everyone knew the Jets were THAT bad.

7-9? No way. We just came off a 10-6 season where we forfeited the last game so really a 11-5 season. Most people had us winning the division before last season started. I don't think anyone had us below 9-7. 

Not an easy game. Steeler defense is always tough. If they can finally get that run game going with Najee and WRs dont drop balls this year. They should be looking at no more than a +3 any game this year.

Maybe I’m just cautious, but I don’t see this as an easy win, the Steelers, when healthy, are a hell of a defensive team and more than hold their own on O.  It basically hinges on Ben and their D being back to full strength, but I wouldn’t write them off, especially early in the year.

On 5/18/2021 at 7:01 AM, DCofNC said:

Maybe I’m just cautious, but I don’t see this as an easy win, the Steelers, when healthy, are a hell of a defensive team and more than hold their own on O.  It basically hinges on Ben and their D being back to full strength, but I wouldn’t write them off, especially early in the year.

Week 1 is always a crap shoot, too many things have changed since the last time we see a game performance and are generally less accurate.

On 5/12/2021 at 11:48 AM, TheProcess said:

Thought we might’ve had a shot at Nantz Romo, but likely #2 team Eagle and Davis. Browns vs. Chiefs will likely win out over our game. I’m good with Eagle and Davis, but it felt like Nantz and Romo called every game Chiefs were on CBS last year. 

Tony Romo sucks ever since his mega deal. His voice is grating and he seems to constantly miss the obvious. His great play analysis pre snap seems to be gone as well.

48 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Tony Romo sucks ever since his mega deal. His voice is grating and he seems to constantly miss the obvious. His great play analysis pre snap seems to be gone as well.

I still like Romo. Got a certain cheesy charisma. But, I agree that he’s seemed to tone down the great pre-snap stuff that put him on the map. I don’t think you play QB in the modern NFL for as long as he did and lose that knowledge over a couple seasons. Part of me wonders if it was ticking off the league, GMs, or coaches and the NFL told CBS and him to tone that down. Bummer if that happened. 

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

I still like Romo. Got a certain cheesy charisma. But, I agree that he’s seemed to tone down the great pre-snap stuff that put him on the map. I don’t think you play QB in the modern NFL for as long as he did and lose that knowledge over a couple seasons. Part of me wonders if it was ticking off the league, GMs, or coaches and the NFL told CBS and him to tone that down. Bummer if that happened. 

That wouldn't make sense though, because the stuff you're describing is what got him the contract in the first place. Then again, not like the boards of major networks are very in touch with their viewer base.