Bills open as 6.5 point favorites vs Steelers week 1

18 hours ago, fergie's ire said:

Yeesh.ย  Anyone able to check the last time we were a touchdown favorite on opening day?ย  That's a lot for a first game, particularly against a team that was a division winner last year.

ย 

ย 

I don't remember what the spread was but what about last year when we opened against the Jets.ย 

35 minutes ago, Greg S said:

ย 

I don't remember what the spread was but what about last year when we opened against the Jets.ย 

I just checked.ย  You are right it was indeed 6.5 points.ย  That surprises me because it seemed the general national consensus was that the Bills would be in that 7 and 9 to 9 and 7 range.ย  I guess it was just that everyone knew the Jets were THAT bad.

On 5/12/2021 at 2:18 PM, TheProcess said:

Agree on CD. Really like him. Ian Eagle is really good play by play too. I really miss Gus Johnson. CBS made a mistake with him. Heโ€™s great anywhere, but I think his talent isย wasted only doing college games forย fox.ย 

Ian Eagle is good also.ย  Him and CD are a good combo-feed off each other well.ย  I was surprised that CBS let Gus go too.ย  Maybe he can do NFL games for Fox.ย  He just sets the stage with such anticipation and excitement that you feel like youย are watching a special event.ย  Even if its say Purdue vs Michigan State in the Big 10 which Fox covers a lot of.ย  I remember how he used to say Willllis McGhahhhheeee when he carried the rock.ย  It was memorable.ย  I still walk around saying that sometimes.ย  And the State Farm commercials where he is eating Sushi rolls out of a vending machine are pretty funny in a silly stupid way also.ย ย ย 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Ian Eagle is good also.ย  Him and CD are a good combo-feed off each other well.ย  I was surprised that CBS let Gus go too.ย  Maybe he can do NFL games for Fox.ย  He just sets the stage with such anticipation and excitement that you feel like youย are watching a special event.ย  Even if its say Purdue vs Michigan State in the Big 10 which Fox covers a lot of.ย  I remember how he used to say Willllis McGhahhhheeee when he carried the rock.ย  It was memorable.ย  I still walk around saying that sometimes.ย  And the State Farm commercials where he is eating Sushi rolls out of a vending machine are pretty funny in a silly stupid way also.ย ย ย 

Completely agree. Gus was the man. Still remember this call. One of my favorites.ย Gus about had a stroke.ย 
ย 

ย 

Edited by TheProcess

2 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Gus Johnson is the absolute GOAT on CFB but we like him on Fox/ Big Ten. NFLย isnโ€™t allowed to steal him!ย 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, fergie's ire said:

I just checked.ย  You are right it was indeed 6.5 points.ย  That surprises me because it seemed the general national consensus was that the Bills would be in that 7 and 9 to 9 and 7 range.ย  I guess it was just that everyone knew the Jets were THAT bad.

Huh??????

On 5/12/2021 at 1:01 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

24-10 Bills.

You can thank / laugh at / stone me in September. ๐Ÿ˜

Ok, the guyย getting Stoned is Ridge of course, and the guy yelling Blasphemer is Chandman. ย The guy who threw the rock too early was Weo. ย Back of the line you go. ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿˆ

ย 

Too easy.

ย 

The mods have spoken!

Edited by machine gun kelly

16 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Ok, the guyย getting Stoned is Ridge of course, and the guy yelling Blasphemer is Chandman. ย The guy who threw the rock too early was Weo. ย Back of the line you go. ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿˆ

ย 

Too easy.

ย 

The mods have spoken!

If ONLY it were this easy..

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

ย 

Too easy.

ย 

The mods have spoken!

ย 

won't be me.ย  Already put my money down.ย  see above--Bills are easy money

Edited by Mr. WEO

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

ย 

won't be me.ย  Already put my money down.ย  see above.

If anyone was going to jump the lineย and stone early, it would be you. ย If for nothing else, just to annoy in a fun way Chand. ย ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคช๐Ÿˆ

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1

Watching the 1992-1993 Bills Steelersย playoff game, on YouTube. For some reason I remembered Miami being the one seed, OOPS, crushed the Steelers and their one seed in that game. Defensive struggle for most of it. Bruce and Thurman both played banged up.ย 
ย 

Frank Reich, what a backup, so smart,ย efficient, careful (ultimately, reliable).ย 
ย 

ย