Anyone stay at the red carpet in across from the stadium?

For many years we rented the 1st room on the left when you pull into the parking lot, right behind the office for Bills home games.  None of us would ever stay the night there, but we'd use the room for the bathroom and for cold weather games, as a place to warm up during the tailgate before or after the game.   The bonus was the hotel owners would let us store our grill and other tailgate necessities in their storage area for the season so we wouldn't have to lug it back and forth every game.

Having said that, I would never want to spend a night in those rooms.

• Like (+1) 1

I once stayed at a Red Carpet Inn around Rochester (Henrietta) when I was driving on a Saturday night to Buffalo for a game & got too tired to continue.  The other motels were all booked & it was the only motel with a vacancy.  I got the "deluxe" room & it was pretty bad.  I can't imagine how bad the regular rooms are.  

2 hours ago, Beast said:

Yep.

That's where I take my prostitutes.

Years ago when my mother was alive & was selling her house she booked a motel close to where the house was for the night after all the stuff got removed.  She chose that one because it was reasonably priced & close by.  When I read the reviews they were all about hookers & drug dealers.  I told her no way we were staying there.  I offered to pay for a better motel & she demanded that she pay for it but within her price range.  I ended up finding a motel about a half hour away at her price that had decent reviews.  

• Like (+1) 1

When Gordon Ramsey had to stay at similar flea bag motels on Hotel Hell, he slept in a sleeping bag. He once even slept in the bath tub in his sleeping bag. That's some ***** hotel for you. Red Carpet on par? Your call.

• Haha (+1) 1

Red Carpet Inns are owned by the same company that operates Motel 6.  That should tell you all you need to know.  For myself, I don't much are if I'm walking on astroturf.  It I can sleep on a mattress that isn't completely worn out, there are no bedbugs and the bedsheets have been laundered, I'm OK.

I’m Marriott platinum status. Drove up for the Baltimore playoff game and wanted to have a few pops and not drive home. Booked at the Red Carpet expecting the worst.  It was not that bad. 

On 5/12/2021 at 12:39 PM, Beast said:

Yep.

That's where I take my prostitutes.

The plural form of the noun now has us wondering 'rugged adventurer', or 'less than reputable businessman'...🤨

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

Sounds like the kind of place where the housekeeping staff says, with a spritz of Febreeze:  “Covid? We ain’t got no covid here! - it couldn’t survive!”  

Edited by WotAGuy

5 hours ago, Irv said:

I’m Marriott platinum status. Drove up for the Baltimore playoff game and wanted to have a few pops and not drive home. Booked at the Red Carpet expecting the worst.  It was not that bad. 

Translation: I was too drunk to realize how bad the room was. Passed out on the bed & the alcohol smell kept the bedbugs away.

• Haha (+1) 1

You're better off booking a hotel in Hamburg. Plenty to choose from and Uber. The only problem is finding a place to set up your tailgate in the lot. I'm sure you'll have no problem finding welcoming people. Make new friends!