Bills working out DT Eli Ankou (update: signed)

11 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Well there is a very good example of the second scenario on the Bills already...  Zimmer was an UDFA and is on his 6th team (Bils twcie) including a stint in the CFL.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Zimmer

Zimmer overachieved for his pedigree, can't argue that. But let's not get carried away with his importance to the team. He jumped on a fumble and ran fast down the field on an INT return in the playoffs. I'd be surprised if he made the roster this season based on the depth of our D-Line. If he does, bye bye Harrison Phillips.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

2 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Zimmer overachieved for his pedigree, can't argue that. But let's not get carried away with his importance to the team. He jumped on a fumble and ran fast down the field on an INT return in the playoffs. I'd be surprised if he made the roster this season based on the depth of our D-Line. If he does, bye bye Harrison Phillips.

I'd be shocked too.  But saying an UDFA on his sixth team can't make an impact is just wrong. Is it likely? No. Was the impact truly meaningful? Who knows.  

As for UDFA on their sixth team. How about Lorenzo Alexander? Bills were his sixth team. He made second team All-Pro with the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/21/2021 at 1:24 PM, Chandler#81 said:

2 active threads on the main page for a guy who won’t likely be here come Sept. 12? TWO??

🤦‍♂️

Come on, TrainingCamp! Can’t get here soon enough!

I could start another thread Chandler, as you well know, third times a charm… 😁

12 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Actually he caused the Newton fumble that sealed the victory.

Edited by BillnutinHouston
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

He jumped on a fumble late in the Chiefs game in Buffalo where the ball carrier was ruled down after replay........but had that been ruled a fumble they would have had the ball deep in Chiefs territory with a chance to tie the game with a TD and 2 point conversion.    He saved the game against NE with that forced fumble on Cam just as the Pats were about to score a TD at the end.

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He jumped on a fumble late in the Chiefs game in Buffalo where the ball carrier was ruled down after replay........but had that been ruled a fumble they would have had the ball deep in Chiefs territory with a chance to tie the game with a TD and 2 point conversion.    He saved the game against NE with that forced fumble on Cam just as the Pats were about to score a TD at the end.

I’m not the biggest Zimmer fan, but you can never underestimate the importance of having guys that make impact plays to win games. 

That’s why for my money, I will take Nate Clements over Antoine Winfield as Bills… and I will take Ryan Denney over Chris Kelsay.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Actually he caused the Newton fumble that sealed the victory.

Zimmer also had 7 QB hits playing just 26% of the defensive snaps...........more than Ed Oliver had(6) in more than double the amount of snaps.

He was much more productive per play than Oliver in the tackling stats except sacks........Oliver had 3 to Zimmer's 1.  

That's not to knock Oliver.........he was as good as anyone on the line last year........but Zimmer was actually quite productive........it wasn't just those couple very big plays in very big games.

• Like (+1) 1