Bills working out DT Eli Ankou (update: signed)

12 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

How does that happen? Seriously you'd think he'd get or the NFL make clarification as I can't see the NFLPA liking that. 

Was worse last year.  Some teams wasted money on contracts for UDFAs that they ended up not being allowed to bring to camp. It’s not a Beane thing. It’s an NFL thing. 

• 1 month later...

They definitely need more competition in camp for the 1 tech position. We've got a player who is still coming off a serious injury and a guy who didn't play last season. I think Star is a good player, and Harrision has potential, but we need to do better than that at 1 tech.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

McD did say that Star had A LOT of work to do in the last of the 18 months that he has had to prepare for this training camp...........that wasn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

:devil:

48 minutes ago, todd said:

They definitely need more competition in camp for the 1 tech position. We've got a player who is still coming off a serious injury and a guy who didn't play last season. I think Star is a good player, and Harrision has potential, but we need to do better than that at 1 tech.

Butler played a lot of 1 tech as well.   He is more of a Jordan Phillips-type penetrator by preference but he was plenty serviceable as a space eater in the second half of last season.