Schedule Drop “Game Day” Thread - Edit - Official Schedule, now including preseason, in OP

On GMFB they were arguing that being a small market team could work against Jax/Bills for PT game.  I don't get it - small market could affect regional viiewership, but for national games it has no effect.  Doesn't make any sense.  The overall ratings for entire country has nothing to do with local market size - it's about how good/interesting the teams that are playing are, that people are going to want to tune in to see.  Esp. with proiferation of NFL info/coverage today it's not like people aren't going to know about Josh Allen and the Bills or Lawrence/ETN if they don't live in that market.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BigAl2526 said:

From a football standpoint, playing Pittsburgh on week one is probably a lot safer, but I sure won't get the national attention of a Bills Buccaneers matchup.

"The last time the Bills and Steelers opened the season as opponents was in 1978 when head coaches Chuck Knox and Chuck Noll squared off. The game was won by the Steelers, who would go on to win their third Super Bowl title. It was also the only time Buffalo and Pittsburgh faced each other in Week 1 until now."

Just now, Talley56 said:

BAL@LV (MNF)

Interesting, I thought they usually did a double-header on the opening night for MNF.

The league did away with that this year, unfortunately.

Bears on SNF is the ultimate buzz kill. I don't think anyone outside of Chicago wants to watch them. Do they really get higher ratings? Why not pick a more intriguing team to play @LAR? Isn't Dalton the presumed starter? Seems like a real dud of a matchup.

Bills fans: if recent history holds, Bills will be wearing all white and the Steelers will be in black. Pretty depressing for home opener. Really wish we would go back to our traditional home colors.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

BAL@LV (MNF)

Interesting, I thought they usually did a double-header on the opening night for MNF.

They went away from that this year, they are doing a doubleheader on Saturday night later in the season 

3 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Bears on SNF is the ultimate buzz kill. I don't think anyone outside of Chicago wants to watch them. Do they really get higher ratings? Why not pick a more intriguing team to play @LAR? Isn't Dalton the presumed starter? Seems like a real dud of a matchup.

Bills fans: if recent history holds, Bills will be wearing all white and the Steelers will be in black. Pretty depressing for home opener. Really wish we would go back to our traditional home colors.

The Bills should wear the all whites and they most likely will. With temps most likely around 85-90 hot and humid then let the Steelers run around in their black jerseys. Besides the Bills don't have a traditional home jersey anymore. They have 5 now. All whites both current and throwback, blue over white, all blues and reds. 

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Last time Pittsburgh came here, the stadium was half Steelers fans. We cannot let that happen again

Steelers fans show up in droves no matter what- like army ants. Even if the team is not good- they are there. Bills fans are a bit like that too. 

1 hour ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I think In the Pats Miami game, The Pats D could quickly cause doubt if Tua is the guy right off the bat. 

Yeah possible....Belichick's D will very likely give him a hard time. If that's the case, I'm not sure that will be the particular game that does it since it's known Belichick always gives a lot of those young QB's hell. 

Edited by Patrick_Duffy