Bleacher Report Offense Power Rankings

Bleacher Report put out their power rankings for offenses.  Now first, I will say I pretty much agree with the entire order but the thing that I noticed was how the teams the Bills face this year were ranked and then which they play at home and which they play away.

It looks like the Bills have it much tougher on the road when it comes to facing high powered offenses which means the fans in WNY should have a lot of fun at the home games.

Home Opponents and rankings:

Dolphins 23rd; Pats 28th; Jest 31st; Falcons 18th; Panthers 21st; Texans 32nd; Colts 20th; Steelers 13th; WFT 22nd - only one game against a team with a ranking in the top half of the league

Away Opponents and rankings:

Dolphins 23rd; Pats 28th; Jest 31st; Jags 27th, Saints 16th, Bucs 4th, Titans 9th, Chiefs 1st - 4 games against teams ranked in the top half of the league and 3 against top 10 offenses

Do you think the Bills did enough on defense to be able to slow down their opponents so their 2nd ranked offense can put up enough points to win on enemy soil?   If not do you see a position of concern how would you like to see them address it at this point?  I'll say I'm comcerned about CB depth and would have liked Casey Hayward but he signed with LV a few days ago so I'm leaning bring Norman back due to his experience in the system, for depth and his ability to tutor the young guys.  The other concern I have I don't know how they could address but it's the ability to put a team away by converting 1st downs and running the ball, controling the clock late in the game.  What say you?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2942799-power-ranking-every-nfl-offense-after-the-2021-draft

Edited by FlaFitz1

Frankly, I'm pretty sure (barring significant injury problem(s), which trash everything), I expect the Bills offense in most games (esp the home games) to light up opposing defenses this year to the point where it "won't really matter much" what the D does. 

It'll be the Dane/Levi show at CB2.   It's a zone look anyway, don't need world class players to play DB in McDs scheme as long as the safeties are there. 

I expect AJ to come in bigger and faster and get after it this year.   Josh will give them leads to work with.  Should be fun to watch (with a full crowd)

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, FlaFitz1 said:

Home Opponents and rankings:

Dolphins 23rd; Pats 28th; Jest 31st; Falcons 18th; Panthers 21st; Texans 32nd; Colts 20th; Steelers 13th; WFT 22nd - only one game against a team with a ranking in the top half of the league

Away Opponents and rankings:

Dolphins 23rd; Pats 28th; Jest 31st; Jags 27th, Saints 16th, Bucs 4th, Titans 9th, Chiefs 1st - 4 games against teams ranked in the top half of the league and 3 against top 10 offenses

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2942799-power-ranking-every-nfl-offense-after-the-2021-draft

Thanks for the discussion.  I would say I expect steelers to decline some while I'm not sure any of the other teams jump up too much (Falcons, Panthers, Dolphins,  Colts, WFT could all be top half but unlikely to be top 10).  Similarly on the away games I see the Saints and Titans to take steps back.  In the Titans case I anticipate it to be a big step back (maybe bottom half of league).  

I think we should be fine this year considering how much weaker our opponents appear.  For the run game I do think getting our OL working together should address a lot of the problems.  Its not like we didnt have some success running last year (ending the game against the steelers for example).  Like a lot of things it needs to be more consistent.

45 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I clicked on this thread and I think I opened the door to the past.

FlaFitz?  I don't think I've seen you post since like 2012.

I've been quite quiet - been here - while going through stats rehab, which is the new "analytics"   Thanks for remembering me lol - how have you been?  

Edited by FlaFitz1

13 minutes ago, FlaFitz1 said:

I've been quite quiet - been here - while going through stats rehab, which is the new "analytics"   Thanks for remembering me lol - how have you been?  

I'm better that the Bills play into January now.

My name on BBMB was ThatsWhatSheSaid.

Edited by Royale with Cheese