Schedule Leaks

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Miami is going to be a damn good team, and they'll be hungry to beat us.

Washington is also going to be damn, damn good.

Pittsburgh is eager to beat us after we beat them 2x.

Tough early season schedule for the Bills

The Bills will be hungry because they were one game short of the Super Bowl last year.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

I think you'll see him get better.... not sure but I don't think it's fair to just disregard a QB based on his first year in the league.

When you get replaced by Fitz more than once you deserve it. He is just one of the bad QBs that come through the NFL.

No different than Sam Darnold you can tell guys who just are not leaders enough to be NFL QBs.

Edited by TBBills

29 minutes ago, Success said:

I'm a little irked by the fact that the Pats can dominate for 20 years, and have completely lame division competition the ENTIRE time - and once the Bills are good and ready to dominate, the division becomes one of the toughest in the NFL.

Lets wait and see on the other Division teams... all their QB's are unproven as far as I am concerned..

2 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

The AFC Championship was not different.  They got whipped just as badly and all of those people played in that game.

Got nothing for that other than all 4 of our receivers were injured as well as one of our primary RBs.

All things being equal the Bills can beat the Titans and be competitive against the Chiefs with this current group.

48 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Tua will be better.  Not sure if he’ll ever be good enough 

I think he’ll be more good enough than Mac Jones and Zach Wilson. The Jets and Pats drafted projects. And the Jets don’t have a veteran QB on their roster for Wilson to learn from

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I think he’ll be more good enough than Mac Jones and Zach Wilson. The Jets and Pats drafted projects. And the Jets don’t have a veteran QB on their roster for Wilson to learn from

I won’t pretend to tell the future before the kids have even taken a snap.  Tua looked like a limited QB in year 1, but I’m hearing that he’s been working on his body and speed this off season.  We’ll see.  

Wilson is has a higher ceiling than tua, imo, and looks like a much better prospect.  I’m not a fan of Mac, so I would agree with that assessment.  

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I won’t pretend to tell the future before the kids have even taken a snap.  Tua looked like a limited QB in year 1, but I’m hearing that he’s been working on his body and speed this off season.  We’ll see.  

Wilson is has a higher ceiling than tua, imo, and looks like a much better prospect.  I’m not a fan of Mac, so I would agree with that assessment.  

My problem with Wilson is that he’s very small. Honestly one good pop

and he’s going down, Tua definitely conditioned his body during the off-season and looks like he gained quite a bit of mass. I’m sure some of that was because of the Watson trade talk and that most likely made him work even harder. But I agree with you we can’t predict the future but deep down I just don’t see it for either Wilson or Jones. Kind of weird how a couple of years ago Jets fans made the meme tank for Darnold and he was run out of town after only 3 years with the club. I wonder how quick the Jets move on from Wilson if he struggles badly?

47 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Based off of what? 10 starts?... Miami has a pretty good team. Some are acting like it’s far fetched for the Bills to drop a game to Miami. Last years game in Miami was a back and forth affair until Josh sealed it late in the game. 

Yeah in my opinion based off 10 starts, reminds me of ej, jp and tyrod. At the time of their first 10 starts looking back at them there were plenty of signs of what they would become

And that first Miami game who played QB for the phins? The phins are building a team but they are missing a QB (which again reminds me of a lot of past bills teams). Could it be tua, sure it can but doesn't mean I believe it

I wanted to take a look at the QB lineup the Bills will be playing, because McDermott's Bills historically do very well against average to below average (and rookie) QBs, and often somewhat poorly against upper echelon QBs. So, in order:

Ben Roethlisberger
Tua Tagovailoa 
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Deshaun Watson/Tyrod Taylor
Patrick Mahomes
Ryan Tannehill
Tua Tagovailoa
Trevor Lawrence
Zach Wilson
Carson Wentz
Jamies Winston/Taysom HIll
Cam Newton/Mac Jones
Tom Brady
Sam Darnold
Cam Newton/Mac Jones
Matt Ryan
Zach Wilson

I count 4 very good QBs (5 if Watson plays), 2 pretty good QBs, and 10 games against average, below average, or rookie passers (11 if Tyrod plays instead of Watson).

On its face, it seems like a tough schedule. Given the QBs against whom the Bills will be playing, though, I predict a final record of 12-5. 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Based off of what? 10 starts?... Miami has a pretty good team. Some are acting like it’s far fetched for the Bills to drop a game to Miami. Last years game in Miami was a back and forth affair until Josh sealed it late in the game. 

yeah... with Fitzpatrick playing for them