Schedule Leaks

1 minute ago, just1hugheser said:

ok but how would i change being able to start a thread, or direct message someone

You have to be here longer, post more. We need to know who we’re dealing with first. Can’t have another @ScottLaw or -heaven forbid, another @YoloinOhio. That **it won’t fly! 

Welcome aboard and behave yourself!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

You have to be here longer, post more. We need to know who we’re dealing with first. Can’t have another @ScottLaw or -heaven forbid, another @YoloinOhio. That **it won’t fly! 

Welcome aboard and behave yourself!

lol ok not a big deal, was just confused because i saw some other newbie start a thread and he had like 5 total posts.  I've been around since 1982, and was originally posting on the old buffalobills.com message board before they closed it, then came over here but was just reading for awhile before i decided to jump in and post as well.

Thanks all for the help.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

The linebackers and Tre were hurt.  I think Levi was out for one of those games.  Throw in the Covid disruption.  

They may have lost those games regardless but it would have been different if those factors were not a part of it.

The AFC Championship was not different.  They got whipped just as badly and all of those people played in that game.

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Too good for what? For us to have tough games? That would be a first in league history. We could win the Superbowl, I agree. But our first 6 games is still a tricky stretch. 

You're 100% right.

Majority of games are close.

I do think the O is going to potentially be an All Time unit, I guess that's my bold take of the off season and if the D can play to their top 5 potential,  I can see it getting ugly for alot of teams. 

12 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

The AFC Championship was not different.  They got whipped just as badly and all of those people played in that game.

I think that's why they went back to back on the DL in the draft, to beat KC , they need a consistent pass rush and more length and physicality on the DL. 

We barely laid a finger on Patty, I trust McDermott and Beane will fix this . 

22 minutes ago, just1hugheser said:

lol ok not a big deal, was just confused because i saw some other newbie start a thread and he had like 5 total posts.  I've been around since 1982, and was originally posting on the old buffalobills.com message board before they closed it, then came over here but was just reading for awhile before i decided to jump in and post as well.

Thanks all for the help.

Welcome aboard.  I’ve enjoyed reading your posts.  Very informative and knowledgeable you are  🤗

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I think that's why they went back to back on the DL in the draft, to beat KC , they need a consistent pass rush and more length and physicality on the DL. 

We barely laid a finger on Patty, I trust McDermott and Beane will fix this . 

The two teams who beat him in 2020 pressured him on more than 50% of his drop backs. That is why for all I do think you can build back to front on defense in the modern NFL given how pass happy it is, KC are a team you have to beat much more up front. You have to get Mahomes off his spot. Tampa's DBs might be a tad underrated, but nobody is confusing the Raiders secondary with the Legion of Boom. They just got enough pressure and of course scored on offense. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 1

i love the schedule. a bye week about a third of the way through, another about 2/3 of the way through with the TNF to MNF. if they win the first seed, they will then have 3 evenly spaced out bye weeks.

Edited by GETTOTHE50
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The two teams who beat him in 2020 pressured him on more than 50% of his drop backs. That is why for all I do think you can build back to front on defense in the modern NFL given how pass happy it is, KC are a team you have to beat much more up front. You have to get Mahomes off his spot. Tampa's DBs might be a tad underrated, but nobody is confusing the Raiders secondary with the Legion of Boom. They just got enough pressure and of course scored on offense. 

Couldn't agree more. 

I always remember McDermott saying how much bigger and physical they were up front and no surprise we added 3 physical freaks for the DL. Our 1st 2 draft picks and Eke from Carolina.  

Edited by JerseyBills

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea absolutely... just don't see them going 6-0 in division again. Miamis improved and have to think hungry to beat us.... I expect us to drop one against them and maybe NE. 

11-12 wins sounds about right, IMO.

Miami has Tua, they haven't improved.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Yea absolutely... just don't see them going 6-0 in division again. Miamis improved and have to think hungry to beat us.... I expect us to drop one against them and maybe NE. 

11-12 wins sounds about right, IMO.

I'd take it.  Would love a bye or a couple home playoff games but honestly just get in and anything can happen.  This team is set to consistently make the playoffs, and win games for a number of years. that's all you can ask.

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think you'll see him get better.... not sure but I don't think it's fair to just disregard a QB based on his first year in the league.

I admit to giving Tua a lot of crap on forums and social media. It's fun to rile up Dolphins fans.

That being said, I also realize it's completely unfair. He was coming off of surgery and, aside from physical rehab, also had to contend with the weirdest offseason/non-offseason in recent memory. It's somewhat unreasonable to judge a rookie QB too harshly even under the best of circumstances, and it's CERTAINLY unreasonable to judge one given the circumstances through which Tua came into the league.

On the other hand....Herbert had the weird offseason/non-offseason, too, and he had a pretty damned good rookie season. Sure, he didn't have rehab from surgery to contend with, but he still looked miles ahead of Tua.

We'll see what this year brings. Lord knows that if a book on Josh Allen's career was written after just his rookie year, it wouldn't be a very flattering story.

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think you'll see him get better.... not sure but I don't think it's fair to just disregard a QB based on his first year in the league.

Its definitely not fair but tua just reminds me of so many past bills qbs. Where in the moment we all had hope but in hind sight there really wasn't any reason for said hope

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly, it's a pretty tough schedule.

I'm a little irked by the fact that the Pats can dominate for 20 years, and have completely lame division competition the ENTIRE time - and once the Bills are good and ready to dominate, the division becomes one of the toughest in the NFL.

Still, it's more fun that way.  Love the rivalries when it gets competitive.