Schedule Leaks

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I generally like Mike Florio but he just said something really stupid.

He said it was between the Bills and Cowboys to open up against Tampa and he's glad it was the Cowboys because they have the offense to keep up with Brady.

cowboys.thumb.PNG.f3254abe169f249b42937c595be3e4c7.PNG

Someone should show him this and remind him that the Bills score >500 points last year.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He said it was between the Bills and Cowboys to open up against Tampa and he's glad it was the Cowboys because they have the offense to keep up with Brady.

And the defense to make me change the channel after halftime.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Mango said:

But he has Sunday ticket....

This reminds me of a guy I used to work with when I lived in OKC. He grew up an OSU fan, but he said he was also an OU fan. I asked how the fudge that could be the case. Like I could be a fan of both because I was just a transplant. But you can't just grow up a "fan" then also suddenly be a "fan" of your cross town rival. His response was "My wife got season tickets through work, and you can't go to X OU games per year and not be a fan". College football fandom is weird to me sometimes.

It is also a good reminder that every town, team, school, etc. thinks they have the best fans in the world, but most don't. Most don't. You would almost never catch a GB fan rooting for the Vikings. I can't imagine really anybody in the AFCN getting season tickets to any other team. But Patriots fans? Sure they'll root for the Bills when the wind blows the right way. 

Some people just don't get it. 

At Super Bowl XXV I sat next to a guy who was born and raised in NYC.   His family had had Giants tickets for decades - his father, maybe even his grandfather.   He went to all the Giants games.  In the early 80s he took a job in Buffalo.  He bought Bills season tickets.   Every weekend the Bills weren't at home, he flew home to go to the Giants games.   In the late 80s, he moved back to NYC and kept his Bills tickets.  Then he went to every Giants home game, and went to Buffalo for home games if the Giants weren't home.  That season he had seen every Giants home game, every Bills home game when the Giants weren't home, every Bills playoff game and every Giants playoff game except the NFC Championship game, which was in SF and there was no way to see both championship games.   Then he saw a Bills-Giants Super Bowl. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

At Super Bowl XXV I sat next to a guy who was born and raised in NYC.   His family had had Giants tickets for decades - his father, maybe even his grandfather.   He went to all the Giants games.  In the early 80s he took a job in Buffalo.  He bought Bills season tickets.   Every weekend the Bills weren't at home, he flew home to go to the Giants games.   In the late 80s, he moved back to NYC and kept his Bills tickets.  Then he went to every Giants home game, and went to Buffalo for home games if the Giants weren't home.  That season he had seen every Giants home game, every Bills home game when the Giants weren't home, every Bills playoff game and every Giants playoff game except the NFC Championship game, which was in SF and there was no way to see both championship games.   Then he saw a Bills-Giants Super Bowl. 

Well that is wild. Also awesome. Jerseys during that era were nearly identical too. 

You can make an exception for out of conference teams. Hell, even out of division teams. 

1 hour ago, 4thandGoal said:

all this from reliable sources?   I want to go to New Orleans -- just dont think I will go on Thanksgiving

That town sucks, it has gone so far down hill where I didn't think it could get any worse. Was there last week for business and its rough. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Steelers @ home is one of the best season openers in a while. 

Agreed! Love it. BUT, no team travels like the Steelers! 50% of the fans will be wearing Black & Gold...

2 hours ago, wiseman3 said:

I better not hear anyone selling their tickets for this one...cannot let the Steelers have ANY fans in the Ralph

It’s gonna happen. Count on it 

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

People are stupid

Post of the Year Candidate! Great to see you back, Joe!

13 minutes ago, BillsDiehard said:

We're playing the Titans and Chiefs the same weeks as we did last year...weeks 5/6...WEIRD!

Lets hope for a different result this time. At the very least get a split in these two games.

Fantasy football is certainly going to be weird this year with most leagues starting the playoffs in week 15 instead of week 14 and some leagues won't even start the playoffs until week 16

Edited by Buffalo03

53 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Agreed! Love it. BUT, no team travels like the Steelers! 50% of the fans will be wearing Black & Gold...

More like 30%. But yes there will be a ton. Last one I was at was the Stevie Johnson game and I dont think it was 50/50 then. Pretty close though. This game being Week 1 and were now expected to be better than them, throw in a little post covid. Id say 30% squealer fans 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I sort of agree, but prior to Dak's injury last season the Cowboys were on pace to break some offensive records. Prescott was on a pace to throw for 6,000+ yards, which would have shattered the yardage record. They can score. More importantly, they're the Cowboys, the most popular team in the country.