Schedule Leaks

43 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Seems like a meh type of game for week 1 Sunday night football. At least to me 

The number 2 market in the country Vs. the number 3 market in the country.

There's your reasoning.

7 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

I was hoping for a non divisional opponent week 1. I’m tired or seeing the jets or patriots right off the bat. 

The schedule makers are kinda boring lol. The last 5 years have been

At Ravens

Vs Jets

At Ravens

At Jets

Vs Jets

Boring 

• Agree 2

35 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

That was a pathetically bad call. Robey didn't lay a finger on that WR.... but the Bills didn't deserve to win that game considering the ridiculous amount of TOs 

We had the lead with 6 minutes left in the game.

8 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

The number 2 market in the country Vs. the number 3 market in the country.

There's your reasoning.

Yeah, but you can't tell me Bills at Chiefs isn't a better matchup. That would have been an incredible SNF opener

42 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Halloween weekend home game against Miami

Season ending Saturday home game against the Jets.

I hope that is true... 2 weeks after October 17th is home and with the home/away the nfl generally does hoping October 17th is a home game.  Ralph's would be 103rd birthday and also my 40th!  Really would love to be in the stands if it is indeed a home game!  Knowing my luck though it will be their bye week.... lol

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Yeah, but you can't tell me Bills at Chiefs isn't a better matchup. That would have been an incredible SNF opener

Of course it does, but the NFL and all other pro sports leagues will always continue to push the big markets.

6 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

I was listening to Schopp and the Bulldog last Friday and Schopp was talking about how he knows a guy in the league who knows when teams are notified of their schedules and he said that the teams are normally told "the morning of the day the schedule comes out" but that this year teams will find out the day before which would mean that teams will find out today instead of tomorrow. That could mean that we get some early leaks. I guess we will wait and see. I'm excited 

Go Bills!!!

teams are given finalist schedule options to check if there could be any schedule issues they were unaware of.

this happened with Buffalo in 2011 schedule where they had buffalo at home when hockey world juniors were in buffalo so there were no hotel rooms available.  So they needed to change.

in another season Houston was at home the same weekend the stadium space was used for a holiday event between thxgvg and Xmas.  Thry flipped weeks.

flipping weeks in a schedule usually occurs when

1 team has 3 straight weeks at home or on road because the scheduling algorithm limits in to two.

you have a week without teams on bye. Or there was a a week at start or end where some teams bye, no bye , teams on bye.

they schedule prime time games , focused 425 games, and team byes first.  It’s far easier to do this than have a computer program do it.

if you look at prime time games thry follow a pattern of some division rivals games, playoff rematches, super bowl of past rematches, big inter conference games, predicted 1st place teams pkaying, preficyed playoff contenders playing.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

teams are given finalist schedule options to check if there could be any schedule issues they were unaware of.

this happened with Buffalo in 2011 schedule where they had buffalo at home when hockey world juniors were in buffalo so there were no hotel rooms available.  So they needed to change.

in another season Houston was at home the same weekend the stadium space was used for a holiday event between thxgvg and Xmas.  Thry flipped weeks.

flipping weeks in a schedule usually occurs when

1 team has 3 straight weeks at home or on road because the scheduling algorithm limits in to two.

you have a week without teams on bye. Or there was a a week at start or end where some teams bye, no bye , teams on bye.

they schedule prime time games , focused 425 games, and team byes first.  It’s far easier to do this than have a computer program do it.

if you look at prime time games thry follow a pattern of some division rivals games, playoff rematches, super bowl of past rematches, big inter conference games, predicted 1st place teams pkaying, preficyed playoff contenders playing.

LOL at teef

This thread said "Hot 🔥" so I figured some stuff got leaked.

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

The NFL LOVES putting the Bears on SNF

I guess they love crazy score games like 18-12 

The factor of crazy scores and that the bears know Stafford best is a great combo for a whacky score game that could be exciting.

Edited by TBBills

13 minutes ago, Process said:

Boooooo! I guess Bills at Bucs made too much sense for Week 1. Would have loved to see it. 

cbs fought to have afc east at Bradyville 

it’s likely bills-bos cbs

mia-Bucs mnf

Mia-saints cbs

buf-saints MNF ( nbc during World Series weekend)

10 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

It was never going to be an AFC-NFC match-up to start the season.

It definitely would have been unusual if it was. The NFL doesn't have an option that would be considered usual though. It's usually a game against a fellow conference team (not within the division) that was at least in the playoffs the year before. Tampa doesn't have anyone that matches that criteria. I think the Bears are the closest if I'm not mistaken.

I suspect it will be the Cowboys though; a big market, Dak's return, and potential playoff team against the defending SB champs.

• Agree 1