The Lincoln Project

10 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Because there was a balance of power silly.

You just made the point…

You’d be better off admitting that you’re a far right conservative and you enjoy gridlock because it prevents change and progress in any direction. You like the status quo. 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Governor said:

You’d be better off admitting that you’re a far right conservative and you enjoy gridlock because it prevents change and progress in any direction. You like the status quo. 

it’s only gridlock because the politicians aren’t allowed to advance the things most people agree on because the ruling oligarchs command no compromise.

Gridlock is a symptom of the problem of the career politicians, money and corruption in the federal political system and a two party oligarchy, not a problem of balanced power and representation. 

Society should be able to progress without the federal government needing to be the Shepard to herd everyone there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

it’s only gridlock because the politicians aren’t allowed to advance the things most people agree on because the ruling oligarchs command no compromise.

Gridlock is a symptom of the problem of the career politicians, money and corruption in the federal political system and a two party oligarchy, not a problem of balanced power and representation. 

Society should be able to progress without the federal government needing to be the Shepard to herd everyone there. 

Well, the senate is the “elitist” check on the people’s wishes.

You can’t support the filibuster and also support term limits.

The filibuster gives members cover and they can then serve for decades without ever taking a deciding vote. That’s the only reason it’s there.

The only reason why Trump-care got so many GOP votes is because they knew McCain was going to kill it. It allowed them to vote for something that they knew would never pass to save themselves from political fallout down the road.

It works the other way also. It’s easy for me to vote against something in a swing state when I already know it’s going to pass.

That’s not a functioning body. The joke is on us!

Edited by Governor

11 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Disgusting question… but you should ask Donald Trump, Matt Gaetz, Gym Jordan, Roy Moore, and the rest of the Gang of Pedophiles for their thoughts.

https://thedailyedge.substack.com/p/gop-gang-of-pedophiles

I’m asking you, since you seem to always quote them. They have a history of molesting kids and you have a history of defending them. 
Don't give me whatabouts. Why do you defend pedophiles?

1 minute ago, Bidens_basement said:

I’m asking you, since you seem to always quote them. They have a history of molesting kids and you have a history of defending them. 
Don't give me whatabouts. Why do you defend pedophiles?

Give us the list of the Lincoln Project charged and convicted of molesting kids.

1 minute ago, ALF said:

Give us the list of the Lincoln Project charged and convicted of molesting kids.

John Weaver and his staff as well as the msm all chose to look the other way and attack anyone who rightfully accused him. Are you one of those that defend him?

1 minute ago, Bidens_basement said:

John Weaver and his staff as well as the msm all chose to look the other way and attack anyone who rightfully accused him. Are you one of those that defend him?

I would never defend anyone convicted or what Weaver was trying to do. Give a link to charges and convictions 

20 hours ago, Governor said:

Well, the senate is the “elitist” check on the people’s wishes.

You can’t support the filibuster and also support term limits.

The filibuster gives members cover and they can then serve for decades without ever taking a deciding vote. That’s the only reason it’s there.

The only reason why Trump-care got so many GOP votes is because they knew McCain was going to kill it. It allowed them to vote for something that they knew would never pass to save themselves from political fallout down the road.

It works the other way also. It’s easy for me to vote against something in a swing state when I already know it’s going to pass.

That’s not a functioning body. The joke is on us!

The filibuster is a recourse for a non representative government. Both parties have used it to block partisan agendas. 

Let’s put in term limits first, then I’m happy to talk about the filibuster. These lifer politicians are the epicenter of all the corruption. Once they get in power their sole focus is staying in power. 

• Like (+1) 1