Eric Fisher to Colts

30 minutes ago, Doc said:

Except at QB.  Wentz is no longer any good and can't stay healthy.

Yeah this is where I'm at, especially the healthy part. I do however think Reich has a good chance to get more out of him than Philly did. With that said though, I still don't think he will be good enough.

20 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

they have an excellent roster and coaching staff and Wentz had his best years with Reich as OC in Philly then  they drafted two EDGE rushers  1 and 2; all this after almost beating us on the road and likely would have if their kicker did not have the worst game of his career...sometimes better to be lucky than good...

Wentz did well the 2 years after Reich left, until he lost it last year.  And their (undrafted rookie, who was used to kicking indoors) kicker missed a kick and an EP. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, wppete said:

I’m worried about Indy, they are putting together a strong team. 

It all depends on Wentz.  He's got the supporting cast with the Colts, though.  We couldn't get to Rivers because his release was so quick.  Wentz isn't the savvy vet Rivers is, but he certainly has all the tools.

1 hour ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Yeah really. Bills D had a very hard time trying to get to Rivers. Definitely have a very good OL there. Never been impressed with Fisher though, so not sure if he will be better than what they have.

The Coltsies were running their backup LT when we played them.  I think the "hard time" getting to Rivers had more to do with Rivers being an expert at decoding the Bills zone D, knowing who will likely be open where, and getting the ball out fast.

Wentz is going to need more time.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Coltsies were running their backup LT when we played them.  I think the "hard time" getting to Rivers had more to do with Rivers being an expert at decoding the Bills zone D, knowing who will likely be open where, and getting the ball out fast.

Wentz is going to need more time.

Yeah I remember the LT back-up was in that game. I just thought he did pretty damn good. And you're correct about Rivers, he was great at getting the ball out. Even with Rivers's quick ball release, their OL still played a really good game.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

? who are you seeing as the Ponies starting LT? 

Castanzo was a rock for them for years, but he missed 5 games last season including the playoffs, then he retired

LT was a hole for them as far as I knew

They got this Tevi in the off-season, who started for the Chargers and who they think can start for them, especially if Fisher takes a while to get back. 

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Their passing game got barely 4000 yards (not top 10) and they have 3 receivers over 500 yards (one over 700).  Only 24 passing TDs and 20th in pass attempts.

Not scared.

And then they signed the worst Quarterback in the league in 2020.....

• Like (+1) 1

He was a good signing for the Colts.  At this point in time, after the bulk of free agency and the Draft, Fisher was probably the best option out there for them.  Now we just have to see if he has had enough time to recover from his injury and regain his form.  He's a solid NFL tackle when he's healthy.  I'm imagine getting to line up next to Quenton Nelson on every snap will help a bit too...

2 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

He was a good signing for the Colts.  At this point in time, after the bulk of free agency and the Draft, Fisher was probably the best option out there for them.  Now we just have to see if he has had enough time to recover from his injury and regain his form.  He's a solid NFL tackle when he's healthy.  I'm imagine getting to line up next to Quenton Nelson on every snap will help a bit too...

If he doesn't get on the field until November it is not a good signing. If he gets healthy his price is not stupid and agree Nelson helps others look good.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

They got this Tevi in the off-season, who started for the Chargers and who they think can start for them, especially if Fisher takes a while to get back. 

The Chargers liked him so much at LT they let him walk for $2.5M......which you don't do for a guy you think can start for you long-term.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Chargers liked him so much at LT they let him walk for $2.5M......which you don't do for a guy you think can start for you long-term.

Tevi sucks. If the Colts start him old happy feet Carson will be spinning like a top.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, wppete said:

I’m worried about Indy, they are putting together a strong team. 

Yup. If Wentz can return to some level of form, they will be very dangerous. I see them as the biggest threat to us moving forward. Reich is a very good coach and they are a well run franchise. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

wentz looked like a guy with his one foot out of the nfl last year, but if reich can get him to play well, the colts really do have the most complete roster in the NFL.

maybe less super star individuals, but just outstanding linemen, linebackers, solid RB and TE, decent WR, can cover some (perhaps their real weakness), and a really smart coach w a balanced game plan.

i really hope the big super talent rookies we drafted will gel enough so that by the playoffs they can be weapons so we can impose a little will on teams like the colts and win it walking away once we are up large in the 2nd half.

20 hours ago, Bakin said:

Yup. If Wentz can return to some level of form, they will be very dangerous. I see them as the biggest threat to us moving forward. Reich is a very good coach and they are a well run franchise. 

More than KC?? Come on.  

1 hour ago, colin said:

wentz looked like a guy with his one foot out of the nfl last year, but if reich can get him to play well, the colts really do have the most complete roster in the NFL.

maybe less super star individuals, but just outstanding linemen, linebackers, solid RB and TE, decent WR, can cover some (perhaps their real weakness), and a really smart coach w a balanced game plan.

i really hope the big super talent rookies we drafted will gel enough so that by the playoffs they can be weapons so we can impose a little will on teams like the colts and win it walking away once we are up large in the 2nd half.

How can they have "the most complete roster in the NFL"??  "weak" coverage.  Average WRs.  Mediocre passing game last year with a better passer than they just brought in.

This doesn't make sense.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

More than KC?? Come on.  

How can they have "the most complete roster in the NFL"??  "weak" coverage.  Average WRs.  Mediocre passing game last year with a better passer than they just brought in.

This doesn't make sense.

because no body is perfect.

look at the team stats, w old man rivers at qb they were the only team in the playoffs w a top 10 O and top 10 D, and they gave us a real good shot, but josh allen pulled off a miracle and the D finally made a second half stop.  

KC has a sick roster, but it's stars and then just whoever everywhere else on the roster.  indy has more breadth than anyone else, that's how it makes sense.

1 hour ago, colin said:

because no body is perfect.

look at the team stats, w old man rivers at qb they were the only team in the playoffs w a top 10 O and top 10 D, and they gave us a real good shot, but josh allen pulled off a miracle and the D finally made a second half stop.  

KC has a sick roster, but it's stars and then just whoever everywhere else on the roster.  indy has more breadth than anyone else, that's how it makes sense.

Only one with  top 10 in O and D?  GB had that.  So did Tampa.  Saints were #5 in points scored and #5 in lowest points allowed.  

KC, Tampa, GB, Buffalo are better because they have "stars" at skill positions. 

You said best roster.  The Bills have a better team and, after struggling some, put them away.  It's not even a top 5 roster.  Their Offense doesn't throw the ball.  Now they got a QB who can't throw any more.  Josh Allen is a more valuable runner than every RB on the Colts roster but 1---and this was Josh's lowest rushing season yet.  

This Colts fear here is reaching pandemic levels.  Carson Wentz, one would assume, should have been adequate vaccination for this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1