Eric Fisher to Colts

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

8-year vet; played 8 games in 2019 season; tore his achilles in 2020 season. I have my doubts.

That said, I think the Colts are stacked on the line, and could slide Fisher into a back-up role. 

Yeah really. Bills D had a very hard time trying to get to Rivers. Definitely have a very good OL there. Never been impressed with Fisher though, so not sure if he will be better than what they have.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

8-year vet; played 8 games in 2019 season; tore his achilles in 2020 season. I have my doubts.

That said, I think the Colts are stacked on the line, and could slide Fisher into a back-up role. 

Lot of money for a backup. They really did have a hole at LT because their guy retired. They were thinking of moving Quentin Nelson over 

if Fisher is really good, that’s a top 3 OL in Indy. Will make the chiefs look very bad though for cutting him and giving up a 1st round pick to replace him plus a giant pending contract. If he’s not good, it will really affect that OL performance.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

not for  $10M

• Agree 2

34 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

His only year missing any significant action was 2019. Before the AFCCG he played all 16 games plus two playoff games in 2020. So I don't think long term durability has been his issue. I think Fischer is a good chance for the Colts to take. They lost their starting LT and didn't draft a tackle in the draft that would be a capable replacement. So going with a vet like Fischer is a sensible chance to take in my opinion. Esp on a one year deal.

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lot of money for a backup. They really did have a hole at LT because their guy retired. They were thinking of moving Quentin Nelson over 

if Fisher is really good, that’s a top 3 OL in Indy. Will make the chiefs look very bad though for cutting him and giving up a 1st round pick to replace him plus a giant pending contract. If he’s not good, it will really affect that OL performance.

8 minutes ago, ganesh said:

not for  $10M

From what I had read of the Colts situation, they have Fisher slated to start. But they have some backups they are really high on who can slide into the starter role if Fisher can’t recover in time. So, I agree they are paying Fisher to be the starter, but I don’t think they are putting all their eggs in that basket too.

I have my doubts about him though. I can’t think of a worse injury for an o-lineman— you are on your toes and exerting quite the strain on your Achilles and calf. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

A good OL for sure - though I think they’d have visions of starting Fisher. 

38 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

His only year missing any significant action was 2019. Before the AFCCG he played all 16 games plus two playoff games in 2020. So I don't think long term durability has been his issue. I think Fischer is a good chance for the Colts to take. They lost their starting LT and didn't draft a tackle in the draft that would be a capable replacement. So going with a vet like Fischer is a sensible chance to take in my opinion. Esp on a one year deal.

He was really healthy until he turned 30 and has had major injury issues each season since then.  I wish him well, but this seems like a lot of money for a 31 year old LT playing on 1 leg.  Someone needs to tell Chris Ballard it’s not 2018.

9 minutes ago, wppete said:

I’m worried about Indy, they are putting together a strong team. 

Except at QB.  Wentz is no longer any good and can't stay healthy.

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

? who are you seeing as the Ponies starting LT? 

Castanzo was a rock for them for years, but he missed 5 games last season including the playoffs, then he retired

LT was a hole for them as far as I knew

17 minutes ago, wppete said:

I’m worried about Indy, they are putting together a strong team. 

they have an excellent roster and coaching staff and Wentz had his best years with Reich as OC in Philly then  they drafted two EDGE rushers  1 and 2; all this after almost beating us on the road and likely would have if their kicker did not have the worst game of his career...sometimes better to be lucky than good...

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

they have an excellent roster and coaching staff and Wentz had his best years with Reich as OC in Philly then  they drafted two EDGE rushers  1 and 2; all this after almost beating us on the road and likely would have if their kicker did not have the worst game of his career...sometimes better to be lucky than good...

Their passing game got barely 4000 yards (not top 10) and they have 3 receivers over 500 yards (one over 700).  Only 24 passing TDs and 20th in pass attempts.

Not scared.

• Agree 1