Explosion In Jerusalem

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

No, I’m really not. I’m honestly anxious to learn from you, as you are way more connected to this issue than most on here. My earliest comments on your post were due to the expletive laden furor you displayed. This is clearly personal to you. To the rest of us over here on the other side of the planet it’s mostly just really annoying. No disrespect intended. 

Gaza is an open air prison. There’s a blockade on all sides. It’s the most densely populated place on earth per square inch and the Israelis cut off electricity and water going there whenever they like and it’s often. I can go on and on. It’s no paradise. Can’t even go fishing past a certain point. 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks for the clarification. My comments still stand. The rest of the world is exhausted from this nonstop fighting over a little piece of land. It’s been going on our entire lives. It’s childish on so many levels but it seems like a way of life. So much so that people in that region seem just as OK with it continuing as ever really putting a stop to it.

They most certainly are not okay with it. I can show you videos and should make you cry. All you have to do is pretend they’re American. Not a shot at you. Just have to make it more personal for most to truly feel it. 

Just now, Justice said:

Gaza is an open air prison. There’s a blockade on all sides. It’s the most densely populated place on earth per square inch and the Israelis cut off electricity and water going there whenever they like and it’s often. I can go on and on. It’s no paradise. Can’t even go fishing past a certain point. 

I imagine you’re right. But I’m also pretty sure it’s been created because Israel is afraid if they open the place up, they’ll be over run as a country...no? 

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I imagine you’re right. But I’m also pretty sure it’s been created because Israel is afraid if they open the place up, they’ll be over run as a country...no? 

Yes. That’s why the Israelis are opposed to a one state solution. They do not want to give equal rights to the Palestinians. They will be overrun. So what’s next? A two state solution right? They don’t want that either though. They have way too many settlements and are building more. With those settlements comes an Israeli military presence in the PA “controlled” WB. Therefore they want to keep things status quo. Make life miserable on the Palestinians and slowly take more and more and more land until there’s nothing left. 

Edited by Justice

23 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Then Why are the religious leaders and clerics telling them to sever heads of Jews? Or are those mistranslations?

Isn’t religion what all theses factions use to control their people’s minds? 

It’s usually never really about religion, but money and power doesn’t get people willing to die like ‘religion’ and ‘freedom’ 

I’m sure some feel that way. I personally I have been to dozens of mosques in the WB and have never heard such

33 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I looked up your village. It’s not in Gaza. It way north of there. You said it’s peaceful. So what’s the distinction in Gaza?

I’m not from Taybeh. I’m from DJ Khaled’s village. It’s called Al-Mazra'a ash-Sharqiya. 

8 minutes ago, Justice said:

Yes. That’s why the Israelis are opposed to a one state solution. They do not want to give equal rights to the Palestinians. They will be overrun. So what’s next? A two state solution right? They don’t want that either though. They have way too many settlements and are building more. With those settlements comes an Israeli military presence in the PA “controlled” WB. Therefore they want to keep things status quo. Make life miserable on the Palestinians and slowly take more and more and more land until there’s nothing left. 

You phrase this as if it’s all on Israel but then you also admit they that they’d be overrun... so they’re stuck. Got a suggestion? 

1 minute ago, Justice said:

I’m sure some feel that way. I personally I have been to dozens of mosques in the WB and have never heard such

I’m not from Taybeh. I’m from DJ Khaled’s village. It’s called Al-Mazra'a ash-Sharqiya. 

You expect me to look that up? I can’t even spell it! 😉 What’s it near?

29 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Then Why are the religious leaders and clerics telling them to sever heads of Jews? Or are those mistranslations?

Isn’t religion what all theses factions use to control their people’s minds? 

It’s usually never really about religion, but money and power doesn’t get people willing to die like ‘religion’ and ‘freedom’ 

Anecdotal evidence I know but I’ve been to dozens of mosques and have never heard such rhetoric. I’m sure some feel that way but like I said. What if someone conquered and occupied the US? You think there’ll be nothing but roses from the survivors? 

2 minutes ago, Justice said:

Anecdotal evidence I know but I’ve been to dozens of mosques and have never heard such rhetoric. I’m sure some feel that way but like I said. What if someone conquered and occupied the US? You think there’ll be nothing but roses from the survivors? 

Khaybar khaybar al yahud.  Ring a bell?

That was chanted during the pro Palestinian protest this weekend in my city. I also have people close to me who were assaulted because they were walking with Israeli flags.

Yes, anectodal.

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You phrase this as if it’s all on Israel but then you also admit they that they’d be overrun... so they’re stuck. Got a suggestion? 

You expect me to look that up? I can’t even spell it! 😉 What’s it near?

Yeah. Pre ‘67 borders. Dismantle the settlements. In return all Arabs must leave Israel. 

lol. No. I don’t expect you to look it up. The point was to let you see how close in proximity the Muslims and Christians live with each other and they live in harmony. If it were a holy war wouldn’t you think they’d be fighting? 

1 minute ago, meazza said:

Khaybar khaybar al yahud.  Ring a bell?

That was chanted during the pro Palestinian protest this weekend in my city. I also have people close to me who were assaulted because they were walking with Israeli flags.

Yes, anectodal.

No. I don’t even know what that means. Yahud I know. It means Jewish. I guess you didn’t hear about attacks the other way too huh. Figures. 

BTW. Keep ignoring the scenario I laid out. Whether it be the US or Canada or wherever. If you lost your land what would you do? If you were conquered and occupied what would you do???

Edited by Justice

Seriously guys. Answer the question. Why ignore it? Do you feel like you’ll be betraying Israel? Would you feel like a terrorist supporter? 

If your homeland was conquered and occupied what would you do??? 

7 minutes ago, Justice said:

Yeah. Pre ‘67 borders. Dismantle the settlements. In return all Arabs must leave Israel. 

lol. No. I don’t expect you to look it up. The point was to let you see how close in proximity the Muslims and Christians live with each other and they live in harmony. If it were a holy war wouldn’t you think they’d be fighting? 

Again, I think you're hung up on the holy war label. We have to call it something. It seems it all comes down to the traditional slippery slope. Israel is afraid if they give an inch, they'll eventually be forced into not only giving a mile, but instead their whole country....no?

9 minutes ago, Justice said:

No. I don’t even know what that means. Yahud I know. It means Jewish. I guess you didn’t hear about attacks the other way too huh. Figures. 

BTW. Keep ignoring the scenario I laid out. Whether it be the US or Canada or wherever. If you lost your land what would you do? If you were conquered and occupied what would you do???

It basically talks of the time Mohammed massacred the Jews.

What would I do? I’d be upset.  But would I use the billions in international aid to build rockets or try to build on the land I do have.

Why would Arabs leave Israel ?  They live there now.  They have coexisted before like in lod.  It is the extremists on both sides that wanted to destroy that fabric.

Seriously guys. Answer the question. Why ignore it? Do you feel like you’ll be betraying Israel? Would you feel like a terrorist supporter? 
at would you do??? 

I think you're missing the typical American's perspective. This is all happening on the other side of the world to us. Our most collective national memory is of the attempted extermination of the Jews by Germany....not by Arabs, or Muslims. To most Americans they cannot understand why this small group of people cannot be allowed to live in one small area (Israel), when all around them are thousands of miles of openly Arab/Muslim countries.  Do you not understand that?

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Again, I think you're hung up on the holy war label. We have to call it something. It seems it all comes down to the traditional slippery slope. Israel is afraid if they give an inch, they'll eventually be forced into not only giving a mile, but instead their whole country....no?

No. We don’t need nor want a military. Just let us live freely. Just like Japan after Pearl Harbor. 

6 minutes ago, meazza said:

It basically talks of the time Mohammed massacred the Jews.

What would I do? I’d be upset.  But would I use the billions in international aid to build rockets or try to build on the land I do have.

Why would Arabs leave Israel ?  They live there now.  They have coexisted before like in lod.  It is the extremists on both sides that wanted to destroy that fabric.

I don’t know if it’s in the billions. The Qasaam rockets cost about $500 on average according to google. 5000 rockets will cost about $2.5m.

And that’s it. You’ll just be upset? Wow.

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I think you're missing the typical American's perspective. This is all happening on the other side of the world to us. Our most collective national memory is of the attempted extermination of the Jews by Germany....not by Arabs, or Muslims. To most Americans they cannot understand why this small group of people cannot be allowed to live in one small area (Israel), when all around them are thousands of miles of openly Arab/Muslim countries.  Do you not understand that?

Home is home, my man. 

• Like (+1) 1

No. We don’t need nor want a military. Just let us live freely. Just like Japan after Pearl Harbor. 

I assume by "we" you mean Palestinians? Might I suggest then that you expel and denounce Hamas and break off all ties with Iran, who're notorious for shouting 'Death to Israel'.  That would be a great first step. No?  I don't think I've ever heard a single Japanese person scream Tora, Tora, Tora! 

5 minutes ago, Justice said:

I don’t know if it’s in the billions. The Qasaam rockets cost about $500 on average according to google. 5000 rockets will cost about $2.5m.

And that’s it. You’ll just be upset? Wow.

As I said before, the Jews were exiled from their land and lived as second class citizens all over the Middle East and Europe.  I know many that eventually fled due to rising anti semitism.  

This eternal struggle pushed by hamas will only doom generations of Palestinians into early graves.

Just now, ALF said:

Israel needs to vote out Netanyahu and bring in a moderate.   Netanyahu is too far right with religious extremists. 

Israel just had its fourth election and it seemed like a coalition was forming without Bibi but rather with a right wing and left wing coalition as well as an Islamist Arab knesset member who was the king maker.

All that is now no longer happening.  

47 minutes ago, Justice said:

I get you, but that land has gone back and forth for millenniums...   and native Americans aren’t lobbing rockets into the suburbs. 

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I get you, but that land has gone back and forth for millenniums...   and native Americans aren’t lobbing rockets into the suburbs. 

Gotta suspend disbelief in that equation. Besides. There are no native Americans left. And that’s the point. That’s what the Palestinians are trying to prevent. 

1 hour ago, meazza said:

Right.  Tell that to all the Jews that were ethnically cleansed from Morocco, Algeria, Iran, Yemen, Iraq, Jordan, Libya to name a few. 

This weekend there was a very large protest in my city of about 5000 people that were mostly Moroccan, Algerian, Tunisian and Lebanese for a pro palestine protest.  Guess what they were chanting, it certainly wasn't about peace.

What about the 20% of Israeli Arabs that are either Christian or Muslim that live in Israel proper? 

Like I said their religious leaders, schools and family teach this hate. Money fuels it. Ask the Irish.