Explosion In Jerusalem

24 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

jewish- Muslim conflict is thousands of years old. Sure carving out that spot and sticking Israel there didn’t help things. But hardly the start

It was the start of the modern day conflict. 

"So it is written... so it shall be done"

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

That’s a really interesting chart. Seeing as how Islam has only been around since 700AD how can there be much of an ancient claim on this territory? This all comes down to a long term spat dating back generations. Unfortunately now it’s been intertwined in a holy war. 

1. You guys see how stupid this is? This is not a holy war. Not by any means. The only people that are making this about religion are the Israelis with their racist laws.

2. Palestinians are Arab. Not Muslims. Some Palestinians are Christian. This has nothing to do with religion. 

45 minutes ago, meazza said:

The Abraham accords disagree with you.  Do the leaders speak from both sides of their mouths, yes, but they prefer Israel over Iran.  

Accords...sounds like Jimmy Carter, there are no accords only historic hatred that cannot even be explained, religion (the creator of all war and evil) and money.

Arabs do not hate Jews, they only follow religion teaching them. Do they prefer Iran??. Sunni or Shite? Michigan or Ohio State? Roe vs Wade? 

How can pro life vs pro choice after 250 yrs not come to an understanding. 

1 minute ago, Justice said:

1. You guys see how stupid this is? This is not a holy war. Not by any means. The only people that are making this about religion are the Israelis with their racist laws.

2. Palestinians are Arab. Not Muslims. Some Palestinians are Christian. This has nothing to do with religion. 

So enlighten us. How would you describe it?

1 hour ago, meazza said:

It's also escalated by people who have an interest in keeping this conflict going on indefinitely.

Hamas wants to show the Palestinians that they can take on Israel.

Netanyahu all of a sudden is going to retain power as the talks of a new coalition are no longer happening.

Fatah has cancelled elections.

Reporters love to report on the conflict in Gaza now that Covid is dying out.

What would you rather hear about? Trans people? Or maybe dogs? Or maybe more Trump? 

I didn’t get banned. I tried. I was angry. I’m still pissed. Lots of morons here. Nobody answered my question. Would you classify yourself as a terrorist if someone conquered and occupied the US and you fought back? Nobody. Not a single one of you. 

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

And the Arab world's treatment of the "Palestinians"  throughout history is another interesting subject.

Only works when they are leveraged against israel.

Palestinians in quotations huh? Funny. My grandfather passed away in ‘05. He was 97 years old. He must’ve been insane because he told me he’s a Palestinian. FOH. Another idiot. 

50 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Both Israel and the United States are a convenient excuse. The real source of all of this conflict is the ongoing hatred between Sunni and Shiite inside Islam. I’m not sure how that brotherly feud can ever be settled. 

Good Lord 

6 minutes ago, Justice said:

What would you rather hear about? Trans people? Or maybe dogs? Or maybe more Trump? 

I didn’t get banned. I tried. I was angry. I’m still pissed. Lots of morons here. Nobody answered my question. Would you classify yourself as a terrorist if someone conquered and occupied the US and you fought back? Nobody. Not a single one of you. 

Palestinians in quotations huh? Funny. My grandfather passed away in ‘05. He was 97 years old. He must’ve been insane because he told me he’s a Palestinian. FOH. Another idiot. 

Good Lord 

Just more ranting but very little descriptive explanation. We’re all waiting. You claim to be in the know.

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So enlighten us. How would you describe it?

A fight for lands, dignity, human and civil rights. Israel wants their land for the Jews and the Jews only. They call it, “the Jewish state”. Palestinians realize they consist of Christians and Jews. The village I have a home in is right besides Taybeh. Taybeh is 98% Christian. The two never fight. This isn’t about religion. 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Just more ranting but very little descriptive explanation. We’re all waiting. You claim to be in the know.

Give me a second. Good God man. I’m still going back to the last messages. 

6 minutes ago, Justice said:

A fight for lands, dignity, human and civil rights. Israel wants their land for the Jews and the Jews only. They call it, “the Jewish state”. Palestinians realize they consist of Christians and Jews. The village I have a home in is right besides Taybeh. Taybeh is 98% Christian. The two never fight. This isn’t about religion. 

Give me a second. Good God man. I’m still going back to the last messages. 

Thank you! Now we’re getting somewhere. So your position is that Israel wants to expel everyone from inside their borders that isn’t Jewish? Assuming you’re right, isn’t that a de facto religious conflict? It seems like semantics. Or are you making the distinction between nationality and faith?

26 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Arabs do not hate Jews, they only follow religion teaching them. Do they prefer Iran??. Sunni or Shite? Michigan or Ohio State? Roe vs Wade? 

How can pro life vs pro choice after 250 yrs not come to an understanding. 

Right.  Tell that to all the Jews that were ethnically cleansed from Morocco, Algeria, Iran, Yemen, Iraq, Jordan, Libya to name a few. 

This weekend there was a very large protest in my city of about 5000 people that were mostly Moroccan, Algerian, Tunisian and Lebanese for a pro palestine protest.  Guess what they were chanting, it certainly wasn't about peace.

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thank you! Now we’re getting somewhere. So your position is that Israel wants to expel everyone from inside their borders that isn’t Jewish? Assuming you’re right, isn’t that a de facto religious conflict? It seems like semantics. Or are you making the distinction between nationality and faith?

What about the 20% of Israeli Arabs that are either Christian or Muslim that live in Israel proper? 

Edited by meazza

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I looked up your village. It’s not in Gaza. It way north of there. You said it’s peaceful. So what’s the distinction in Gaza?

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

I don’t know if they want to remove everyone but laws have been made to get rid of some. That’s a fact. I wouldn’t call it a holy way because that’s not what the Palestinians are fighting over. 

I don’t know if they want to remove everyone but laws have been made to get rid of some. That’s a fact. I wouldn’t call it a holy way because that’s not what the Palestinians are fighting over. 

Yes they are, they are fighting for Jerusalem.  

So...what are they fighting over? They’ve got a large territory with beachfront land. Time to chill.

3 minutes ago, meazza said:

Right.  Tell that to all the Jews that were ethnically cleansed from Morocco, Algeria, Iran, Yemen, Iraq, Jordan, Libya to name a few. 

What about the 20% of Israeli Arabs that are either Christian or Muslim that live in Israel proper? 

It’s a slow process but yes they are forcibly removing people from their homes and that’s the fear. This is how it starts. They call themselves the Jewish state so I suppose they want it all for themselves. Fear may not equate to reality though. 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

So...what are they fighting over? They’ve got a large territory with beachfront land. Time to chill.

Now you’re just trolling 

Just now, Justice said:

Then Why are the religious leaders and clerics telling them to sever heads of Jews? Or are those mistranslations?

Isn’t religion what all theses factions use to control their people’s minds? 

It’s usually never really about religion, but money and power doesn’t get people willing to die like ‘religion’ and ‘freedom’ 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I looked up your village. It’s not in Gaza. It way north of there. You said it’s peaceful. So what’s the distinction in Gaza?

It’s not in Gaza. It’s in the West Bank. And yet they’re killing Arabs in the WB as well. Settlers are killing Palestinians too. You just don’t hear about that in the news. Last I checked no rockets were launched from the WB. 

Now you’re just trolling 

No, I’m really not. I’m honestly anxious to learn from you, as you are way more connected to this issue than most on here. My earliest comments on your post were due to the expletive laden furor you displayed. This is clearly personal to you. To the rest of us over here on the other side of the planet it’s mostly just really annoying. No disrespect intended. 

5 minutes ago, meazza said:

Yes they are, they are fighting for Jerusalem.  

Dude. They aren’t fighting for Jerusalem. They’re fighting for the right to visit there during Ramadan and pray in peace. 

It’s not in Gaza. It’s in the West Bank. And yet they’re killing Arabs in the WB as well. Settlers are killing Palestinians too. You just don’t hear about that in the news. Last I checked no rockets were launched from the WB. 

Thanks for the clarification. My comments still stand. The rest of the world is exhausted from this nonstop fighting over a little piece of land. It’s been going on our entire lives. It’s childish on so many levels but it seems like a way of life. So much so that people in that region seem just as OK with it continuing as ever really putting a stop to it.