Explosion In Jerusalem

10 hours ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

A lot, actually! We could theoretically withhold all funding to Israel until they end their apartheid state practices. This would help draw the Palestinians back to the negotiating table for a one-state solution, with a two-state solution remaining somewhat viable as well. We could also close our military bases in Muslim lands, end drone strikes, and get back into the JCPOA. All of these actions could provide negotiating leverage with other Muslim countries who, in turn, could help us pressure the Palestinians to fully reject Hamas and to work peacefully with the Israelis.

The United States, of course, isn’t really that motivated to see the Israel-Palestine feud resolved. Endless Middle East conflicts are profitable for the corporate oligarchs that control both major parties. The only politicians consistently (well…sort of) speaking out against Israel’s human rights violations are the progressive Democrats, but they only tweet and give moving speeches so to energize their voting base. They won’t ever actually use their combined powers to challenge Biden and the neoliberals in meaningful ways that threaten current oligarchic power structures.

As ordinary concerned Americans, I would look into aspects of the BDS (Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions) Palestinian movement. I would also use the primaries and populist third parties to apply electoral pressure on the establishment at both of its ends: left and right, Democrat and Republican. Educating others on the Israeli apartheid controversy is always helpful, too. American public opinion has been shifting rapidly toward Palestinian sympathy in recent years, so this strategy seems to be working. We’re seeing less and less of the fallacious “criticism of Israel = anti-Semitism” arguments in public spheres of any good repute (i.e., not places like this hellhole).

Very good thoughts with real merit. 

I see this situation of 70 years and the Syrian situation, the Iran fights, Afghanistan, etc as one type of problem. Unwinnable! Never ending!

Solution is a school yard problem. Surround them. Give them both weapons. Don't let them out. Tell them who ever wins you will be friends with but enemies with both if they both survive. Offer a big reward to the winner. 

The world is tired of this ridiculous spat. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/16/2021 at 7:57 AM, Niagara Bill said:

No one, not trump, not Biden, ot Kushner, Nixon, Reagan, Carter, Clinton, Kennedy, Kissinger, not anyone on this earth can make the most self serving arrogant nation, and the most stubborn stupid disrespectful organization stop their hatred and murdering ways.

End of discussion. 

Karen alert.

• Vomit 1

3 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

Karen alert.

Niagara Bill is completely off with his analysis.  In fact, if Iran wasn't backing these organisations, the problem would most likely be solved. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/05/16/politics/biden-israel-progressive-democrats/index.html

This for any idiot that thinks Biden won’t support Israel like any other US President has. Wag the dog. And to the US troops I say good luck in your war with Iran. More American blood will be lost on behalf of Israel real soon. As soon as Dem takes office the bloodlust resumes. 

10 minutes ago, Justice said:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/05/16/politics/biden-israel-progressive-democrats/index.html

This for any idiot that thinks Biden won’t support Israel like any other US President has. Wag the dog. And to the US troops I say good luck in your war with Iran. More American blood will be lost on behalf of Israel real soon. As soon as Dem takes office the bloodlust resumes. 

I thought you were banned?

17 minutes ago, Justice said:

Plenty of US blood has been lost as the result of Iranian action.

A US retaliation against that regime would not involve significant US troops.

It would be air, and it would be effective.

15 hours ago, Justice said:

There’s a political game and then there’s truth. Takes a man with honor and dignity to search for truth. Takes any type of scumbag to play the political game. 

Case in point. “Israel has a right to defend itself.” I mean who could argue with that logic? Nobody right?

“Hamas is a terrorist organization”. Yep. That pretty much checks out. They target civilians. 

Pretty flawless political arguments right? 

Only thing is it’s complete and utter bull####. 

No I’m not gonna explain. If you don’t know by now you’re simply:

a. Blind 

b. Stupid 

c. Can’t read between the lines 

d. Don’t give a damn about the oppressed 

e. Close-minded 

f. All of the above 

I’ll simply it for you. Try to follow along, ok?

The US was invaded by the Native Americans who somehow gained a serious capability to overtake our military and people. They won the war and now we live under an occupying force. We Americans have been stripped of our arms and have no way in fighting back. We have no real military. We have no real funds coming our way. What we do have is rockets. We can acquire those and/or make them. Now let me ask you. Are you gonna use them at times? Or are you just gonna give up and allow the occupying force to slowly, but surely, take more and more property from you? Hmm??? 

Try to be honest with yourself. I know it’s hard for some of you. 

it’s hard to argue who the place actually belongs to, it’s changed so many times. 

190d75160d2f5fe51a19aa3ac71c3302.png

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, meazza said:

Niagara Bill is completely off with his analysis.  In fact, if Iran wasn't backing these organisations, the problem would most likely be solved. 

Sorry, but this has been going on before Iran had thoughts of Hamas. The 

Arab world never agreed with Israel being created, so the fight continues.

Your Johnny come lately point of view is based on the past 5 years of a 70 yr old fight.

10 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Sorry, but this has been going on before Iran had thoughts of Hamas. The 

Arab world never agreed with Israel being created, so the fight continues.

Your Johnny come lately point of view is based on the past 5 years of a 70 yr old fight.

The Arab world has come to accept Israel.  Iran has been backing and arming Hamas and Hezbollah.

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

it’s hard to argue who the place actually belongs to, it’s changed so many times. 

190d75160d2f5fe51a19aa3ac71c3302.png

That’s a really interesting chart. Seeing as how Islam has only been around since 700AD how can there be much of an ancient claim on this territory? This all comes down to a long term spat dating back generations. Unfortunately now it’s been intertwined in a holy war. 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

That’s a really interesting chart. Seeing as how Islam has only been around since 700AD how can there be much of an ancient claim on this territory? This all comes down to a long term spat dating back generations. Unfortunately now it’s been intertwined in a holy war. 

It's also escalated by people who have an interest in keeping this conflict going on indefinitely.

Hamas wants to show the Palestinians that they can take on Israel.

Netanyahu all of a sudden is going to retain power as the talks of a new coalition are no longer happening.

Fatah has cancelled elections.

Reporters love to report on the conflict in Gaza now that Covid is dying out.

3 minutes ago, meazza said:

The Arab world has come to accept Israel.  Iran has been backing and arming Hamas and Hezbollah.

Wrong. They are only the latest. The Arab world has not accepted Israel. Money today funnels thru Iran but that changes faster than you change underwear. Is 70 yrs. not long enough. There is money being made. Arms makers love this shiii. 

20 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

The  Arab world never agreed with Israel being created, so the fight continues.

And the Arab world's treatment of the "Palestinians"  throughout history is another interesting subject.

Only works when they are leveraged against israel.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Lolol 70

I’m saying 4000

Started when Israel was created...until then it was the Jewish people were fighting for recognition and a homeland, now it is Palestine. Remember David and Goliath, been going on forever. There are similarities to many historic conflicts, the Scots and England, the Irish religious stuff, battling England and supported by American interests like Joe Kennedy and Whitey Bolger and of course the Afghanistan tribes. Hamas is just a face of money and hate.

13 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Wrong. They are only the latest. The Arab world has not accepted Israel. Money today funnels thru Iran but that changes faster than you change underwear. Is 70 yrs. not long enough. There is money being made. Arms makers love this shiii. 

The Abraham accords disagree with you.  Do the leaders speak from both sides of their mouths, yes, but they prefer Israel over Iran.  

21 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Started when Israel was created...until then it was the Jewish people were fighting for recognition and a homeland, now it is Palestine. Remember David and Goliath, been going on forever. There are similarities to many historic conflicts, the Scots and England, the Irish religious stuff, battling England and supported by American interests like Joe Kennedy and Whitey Bolger and of course the Afghanistan tribes. Hamas is just a face of money and hate.

jewish- Muslim conflict is thousands of years old. Sure carving out that spot and sticking Israel there didn’t help things. But hardly the start