Explosion In Jerusalem

25 minutes ago, Justice said:

As a son of a Palestinian immigrant I love this country. I will die for this country if any nation attacks it whether it be muslim or not. I love the culture, food, the sports, most of the people lol, music, entertainment, freedoms we enjoy, the ability to make a nice living. I believe in the American dream and every first generation American I know hold all of these values close to their heart. We came here for all of these things which we love and respect and we made an excellent living here. We work hard. We pay our taxes. We follow the laws for the most part. I would want to make sure we only allow like minded people into this beautiful country as well. 

It’s actually a little village. It’s called Al-Mazra'a ash-Sharqiya. 

Ok- all the maps I look at state it is part of Israel and the write ups I find state it was part of Jordan prior to Israel. How is this Palestine? Is it like San Marino in Italy? I am trying to understand why this is Palestine if it is stated as Israel on maps. 

17 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Ok- all the maps I look at state it is part of Israel and the write ups I find state it was part of Jordan prior to Israel. How is this Palestine? Is it like San Marino in Italy? I am trying to understand why this is Palestine if it is stated as Israel on maps. 

I don’t know man. Jordan controlled Palestine too. As well as many others. I guess my grandfather, who would have been 113 years old if he were alive today told me he has always been Palestinian. Lol. I guess he was just lying since you can’t find it on a map. 

BTW. It’s located within the PA territories. 

Edited by Justice

19 minutes ago, Justice said:

I don’t know man. Jordan controlled Palestine too. As well as many others. I guess my grandfather, who would have been 113 years old if he were alive today told me he has always been Palestinian. Lol. I guess he was just lying since you can’t find it on a map. 

BTW. It’s located within the PA territories. 

Palestine was an area that was conquered by the romans that was then controlled by the ottomans and then to the British.

It was the Zionist who used terror at the time to drive out the British who were colonialists.

The British then awarded a part of the territory to the Jews who had a historical link being from the diaspora and the natives.  Your grandfather was a native.

Backed by Israeli police, Jewish settlers storm Al-Aqsa compound      

23 May 2021

Dozens of Jewish settlers, flanked by heavily armed Israeli special forces, stormed the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound in occupied East Jerusalem in the early morning, hours after Palestinian worshippers were beaten and assaulted by Israeli police, according to the Islamic authority overseeing the site.

Citing witnesses, Palestinian news agency WAFA said Israeli police had earlier on Sunday assaulted Palestinian worshippers who were performing dawn prayers at the mosque and “excessively beat” them in order to make way for Israeli Jewish settlers to storm the compound – Islam’s third-holiest site.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/5/23/backed-by-israeli-police-jewish-settlers-storm-al-aqsa-compound

9 minutes ago, ALF said:

I can agree with Boebert,  Trump was a piece of s**t

Move the embassy to east Jerusalem and we’ll maintain the peace during your presidency.

25 minutes ago, ALF said:

23 May 2021

Dozens of Jewish settlers, flanked by heavily armed Israeli special forces, stormed the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound in occupied East Jerusalem in the early morning, hours after Palestinian worshippers were beaten and assaulted by Israeli police, according to the Islamic authority overseeing the site.

Citing witnesses, Palestinian news agency WAFA said Israeli police had earlier on Sunday assaulted Palestinian worshippers who were performing dawn prayers at the mosque and “excessively beat” them in order to make way for Israeli Jewish settlers to storm the compound – Islam’s third-holiest site.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/5/23/backed-by-israeli-police-jewish-settlers-storm-al-aqsa-compound

They don’t want peace. Never have. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ALF said:

23 May 2021

Aljazeera?

5 hours ago, Justice said:

Move the embassy to east Jerusalem and we’ll maintain the peace during your presidency.

They don’t want peace. Never have. 

Cool story bro:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/claiming-victory-while-sitting-in-qatar-hamas-chief-says-we-destroyed-project-of-coexistence-with-israel/

Hamas terror chief Ismail Haniyeh hails Hamas’s “victory” in the recent hostilities with Israel, saying it will have a wide impact in the region’s relationship with the Jewish state.

“We have destroyed the project of ‘coexistence’ with Israel, of ‘normalization’ with Israel,” Haniyeh says.

The terror group leader promises that Hamas will enjoy growing regional support following the 11-day conflict.

And before you answer that Hamas doesn't represent you, Fatah has made similar statements.

You may not agree with Hamas or the PA but they are the representative government of the Palestinians just as I don't agree with Justin Trudeau but he's my Prime Minister.  

Edited by meazza

1 hour ago, meazza said:

Cool story bro:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/claiming-victory-while-sitting-in-qatar-hamas-chief-says-we-destroyed-project-of-coexistence-with-israel/

And before you answer that Hamas doesn't represent you, Fatah has made similar statements.

You may not agree with Hamas or the PA but they are the representative government of the Palestinians just as I don't agree with Justin Trudeau but he's my Prime Minister.  

Thanks for answering for me. I’ve always maintained I do not like politicians. They’re all corrupt. The fact still remains. Those that are in charge, on all sides, do not have any peace. Having said that the cease fire agreement said no Israelis will enter al aqsa. They broke that agreement quickly. 

27 minutes ago, Justice said:

Thanks for answering for me. I’ve always maintained I do not like politicians. They’re all corrupt. The fact still remains. Those that are in charge, on all sides, do not have any peace. Having said that the cease fire agreement said no Israelis will enter al aqsa. They broke that agreement quickly. 

The only two sources I found speaking specifically of this incident were Aljazeera and PressTV.  Aljazeera has beef with Israel as it is controlled by Qatar and also recently got its press office blown up by the IDF.  PressTV is Iranian state media. No mention nothing from Haaretz as well which is very to the left and very critical of the Israeli government and the occupation.

I did find this though :

https://www.jpost.com/arab-israeli-conflict/gaza-news/pa-mufti-expelled-from-prayers-at-al-aqsa-for-not-supporting-hamas-gaza-668819

This will get much worse very soon.

Edited by meazza
  • Agree 1

57 minutes ago, meazza said:

The only two sources I found speaking specifically of this incident were Aljazeera and PressTV.  Aljazeera has beef with Israel as it is controlled by Qatar and also recently got its press office blown up by the IDF.  PressTV is Iranian state media. No mention nothing from Haaretz as well which is very to the left and very critical of the Israeli government and the occupation.

I did find this though :

https://www.jpost.com/arab-israeli-conflict/gaza-news/pa-mufti-expelled-from-prayers-at-al-aqsa-for-not-supporting-hamas-gaza-668819

This will get much worse very soon.

I don’t know about that. I don’t trust the media either. As far as Abbas. His time is up and if they elect Hamas they’re idiots. 

19 minutes ago, Justice said:

I don’t know about that. I don’t trust the media either. As far as Abbas. His time is up and if they elect Hamas they’re idiots. 

They won't elect Hamas because their elections have been delayed but there is no doubt Hamas is gaining ground in the WB. If anything, a lot of the riots that happened in Lod, Acre, etc had to do with Right Wing Israelis trying to gain ground and Hamas operatives stirring up tension.  

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Perhaps Chuck should be relaying this message to members of his own party such as AOC and member of "The Squad" who appear to have a different view.  Of course he can fall back on the narrative of how the party nurtures a  "diversity" of opinion angle if he wishes.  While he pontificates to others of course.

But it is apparent that with several loud critics of Israel inside the party and the administrations goal to re-enter the nuclear agreement with Iran some realignment of alliances might be necessary.  Israel has stated in no uncertain terms that a deal that allows Iran to acquire materials and capability to produce nuclear weapons is unacceptable.  Just why the Biden administration, and Obama before him, have an obsession with closing a deal with Iran is unclear.  If the nuclear deal is re-entered and it allows Iran to proceed it will prompt Israel to act.  To say all hell could break loose is an understatement.

But at some point party members that see themselves as both ardent supporters of Israel and the Democratic left may need to may a choice.  Its one or the other but it can't be both.     

9 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Perhaps Chuck should be relaying this message to members of his own party such as AOC and member of "The Squad" who appear to have a different view.  Of course he can fall back on the narrative of how the party nurtures a  "diversity" of opinion angle if he wishes.  While he pontificates to others of course.

But it is apparent that with several loud critics of Israel inside the party and the administrations goal to re-enter the nuclear agreement with Iran some realignment of alliances might be necessary.  Israel has stated in no uncertain terms that a deal that allows Iran to acquire materials and capability to produce nuclear weapons is unacceptable.  Just why the Biden administration, and Obama before him, have an obsession with closing a deal with Iran is unclear.  If the nuclear deal is re-entered and it allows Iran to proceed it will prompt Israel to act.  To say all hell could break loose is an understatement.

But at some point party members that see themselves as both ardent supporters of Israel and the Democratic left may need to may a choice.  Its one or the other but it can't be both.     

The choice has already been made. They just don’t want to say it loud because they know Americans will go ballistic! (No pun intended)