Explosion In Jerusalem

On 5/17/2021 at 11:08 AM, meazza said:

The knowledge @Niagara Bill and @ComradeKayAdams display in this thread is so illogical and yet it is the mainstream.

Just shows that nuanced discussions and media manipulation (from all sources) has poisoned minds for many generations.

Next time you call a post of mine illogical, please outline why in a single response. I don’t really know who you are, so I’m having to piece together your opinions from other posts:

1. It appears that you acknowledge Israel’s non-trivial injustices toward Palestinians. Good. All international human rights authorities and experts concur.

2. You seem to be arguing that Israel doesn’t need U.S. financial aid in order to survive, and so this would not be any diplomatic leverage. If that is the case, then great! All the more reason to immediately cut off aid to a country running an apartheid state (or quasi-apartheid…however one chooses to label the human rights violations).

3. Am I overestimating the extent to which other Arab countries would cooperate in mitigating the Israel/Palestine crisis? Sure, I probably am, but I still stand 100% by the actions I said the U.S. should take. These actions should be done on ethical grounds alone, not to mention for the broader Middle East strategy on other issues (namely the war on Islamic terrorism).

4. I get the sense that you are advocating for a much harder stance on Iran than JCPOA, i.e. Bibi’s general position. If so, do you mean like Trump’s? Or different? And how would that change the dynamics of all involved actors in the Israel/Palestine conflict for the better, particularly in the long run? Even if Hamas were to lose all support from Iran, would that end terrorism against Israel in the name of Palestine (and/or radical Islam)? And again: what about the ethical quandaries, this time ranging from draconian sanctions on the Iranian people to an all-out war? It’s easy for us to play Machiavellian board games of Risk when the consequences don’t personally affect us.

1 hour ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

Next time you call a post of mine illogical, please outline why in a single response. I don’t really know who you are, so I’m having to piece together your opinions from other posts:

1. It appears that you acknowledge Israel’s non-trivial injustices toward Palestinians. Good. All international human rights authorities and experts concur.

2. You seem to be arguing that Israel doesn’t need U.S. financial aid in order to survive, and so this would not be any diplomatic leverage. If that is the case, then great! All the more reason to immediately cut off aid to a country running an apartheid state (or quasi-apartheid…however one chooses to label the human rights violations).

3. Am I overestimating the extent to which other Arab countries would cooperate in mitigating the Israel/Palestine crisis? Sure, I probably am, but I still stand 100% by the actions I said the U.S. should take. These actions should be done on ethical grounds alone, not to mention for the broader Middle East strategy on other issues (namely the war on Islamic terrorism).

4. I get the sense that you are advocating for a much harder stance on Iran than JCPOA, i.e. Bibi’s general position. If so, do you mean like Trump’s? Or different? And how would that change the dynamics of all involved actors in the Israel/Palestine conflict for the better, particularly in the long run? Even if Hamas were to lose all support from Iran, would that end terrorism against Israel in the name of Palestine (and/or radical Islam)? And again: what about the ethical quandaries, this time ranging from draconian sanctions on the Iranian people to an all-out war? It’s easy for us to play Machiavellian board games of Risk when the consequences don’t personally affect us.

For a start, using "Apartheid" is a non-starter. Nearly half Israeli's that are Jewish are actually non-white.  Nearly 20% of Israeli's are non Jewish as well.

The issues are in the West Bank and Gaza but these are run by Palestinian leaders and not Israeli.  

If you want to follow a good source for this topic, follow Rudy Rochman.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, BillStime said:

Ceasefire confirmed.

Congrats Biden on creating Middle East peace!!! 

16 hours ago, Doc said:

So Joey is Egyptian now, is he?

No.

but he did watch The Mummy once............

• Haha (+1) 3

57 minutes ago, Justice said:

For the time being. I guess that time is over with. 

For the time being? Jews are not allowed to pray near the Temple Mount and even visiting it as a Jew is considered a « provocation ».

2 hours ago, meazza said:

For the time being? Jews are not allowed to pray near the Temple Mount and even visiting it as a Jew is considered a « provocation ».

Did you read your own article? Direct quote from the article you shared:

”In an attempt to avoid further confrontations, Israeli authorities have banned access by Jewish visitors to the Temple Mount for the time being.”

Besides. The western wall is located near Temple Mount. 

Edited by Justice

43 minutes ago, Justice said:

Did you read your own article? Direct quote from the article you shared:

”In an attempt to avoid further confrontations, Israeli authorities have banned access by Jewish visitors to the Temple Mount for the time being.”

Besides. The western wall is located near Temple Mount. 

Yes it is for the time being that Jews aren't allowed on the Temple Mount but they are not allowed to pray ever.  

https://www.timesofisrael.com/3-jewish-israelis-indicted-for-praying-on-temple-mount/

The Temple Mount — the holiest site in Judaism and the third-holiest for Muslims, who refer to it as Al-Aqsa or the Noble Sanctuary — is the most volatile site in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. The Palestinian leadership — as well as Jordan, which has a special role at the site under to its peace agreement with Israel — reject the Jewish connection to the Temple Mount and regard all entry to it by religious Jews as a “provocation.”

Jews can enter the compound on weekdays during limited hours and on a predetermined route under heavy supervision by police and Jordan’s Islamic Waqf, and face significant restrictions such as a ban on praying, appearing to pray, displaying religious or national symbols, and drinking from the water fountains.

Edited by meazza

1 hour ago, meazza said:

Yes it is for the time being that Jews aren't allowed on the Temple Mount but they are not allowed to pray ever.  

https://www.timesofisrael.com/3-jewish-israelis-indicted-for-praying-on-temple-mount/

Well that ain’t right. Jerusalem is for everyone. They deserve the right to be there. Unfortunately problems do arise. They didn’t appreciate seeing the Palestinian flag there today. Both sides need to be more accepting of the other. 

9 hours ago, Justice said:

Well that ain’t right. Jerusalem is for everyone. They deserve the right to be there. Unfortunately problems do arise. They didn’t appreciate seeing the Palestinian flag there today. Both sides need to be more accepting of the other. 

And welcome to the heart of the conflict. The rest is just noise. 

If Israel was really as bad as some make them out to be, they would not be taking these measures to keep the peace.

Edited by meazza

4 hours ago, meazza said:

And welcome to the heart of the conflict. The rest is just noise. 

If Israel was really as bad as some make them out to be, they would not be taking these measures to keep the peace.

Dude they’re a lot worse than that. “What they’re made out to be?” You gotta be kidding me. 

50 minutes ago, meazza said:

Way to miss the point.

Miss the point? They were there the very next day!!!! I’m not giving credit to anything as long as it’s BS. 

‘I’m all about that action, boss’

- Marshawn Lynch 

You’re probably not gonna watch this so I’ll just fill you in on a small piece of this video. This Palestinian family built a home on their property without permits. Israel told them they’re not allowed to live in it. Their options were to allow it to be demolished or leave it empty. They chose to leave it empty. The Israelis then brought in a Jewish man to live in that condemned property. It’s a racist regime. Period. 

1 hour ago, Justice said:

You’re probably not gonna watch this so I’ll just fill you in on a small piece of this video. This Palestinian family built a home on their property without permits. Israel told them they’re not allowed to live in it. Their options were to allow it to be demolished or leave it empty. They chose to leave it empty. The Israelis then brought in a Jewish man to live in that condemned property. It’s a racist regime. Period. 

I think you gave the reasoning right in your post, but chose to ignore it.