Explosion In Jerusalem

7 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

That’s fallacy. World history is literally eons of migration and settling, resettling. Have you seen footage of our southern border? 

I personally believe it’s wrong and immoral but at the same time as we are really all just animals, there are times when we face kill or be killed situations and have to make a choice.

Some people think killing is acceptable, some think it is never justifiable. Others believe what ever their handlers tell them to think. 

Why do people love their home? Dude. Come on now. You’ve got some crazy ass rationale going on up there. Why does anyone settle for their spouse? I mean there’s always gonna be someone better out there. People been moving for years? Well then I guess you wouldn’t mind if some dude invades your home, kicks up his feet on your favorite seat and grabs your remote. I mean people been moving for “eons”. Why be a Bills fan? There’s 31 other teams out there. Why buy a car? There’s always gonna be a better one. Etc etc etc 

The heart wants what the heart wants. There is no real explanation. 

I for one love Palestine/Israel. It’s a beautiful country. I love the fresh air, I love the mountains and beaches. I love the food. I love the architecture. I can only speak for myself though. 

10 hours ago, snafu said:

Who knows?

I've often wondered why a whole lot of people cram themselves into living in substandard conditions in NYC when there's a whole lot of better options less than 100 miles away -- or anywhere else for that matter.  It ain't religion keeping them here, just like it ain't religion keeping the Palestinians in Gaza.

Family, proximity to workplace, used to the pace of life if they grew up there, plethora of restaurants within walking distance, easy public transportation, etc....

They'd pry ask why people love living in the middle of nowhere in the country.

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Sure, and you also don’t live there right? 

Home, for me, is here in the States. Miami to be exact. Pali is my 2nd home. I have a house and own property there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Justice said:

Home, for me, is here in the States. Miami to be exact. Pali is my 2nd home. I have a house and own property there. 

I have a member of my family who is in Tel Aviv. 

6 hours ago, Justice said:

Hey my friend... I know a lot of this board is hobby argument.  Truly hope your home there and family and friends there are safe from this madness. 

I also appreciate you giving us perspective from a knowing perspective. Everything we are fed is filtered through some national agenda. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Add to list

Democrats on the House Foreign Affairs Committee are expected to summon a senior Biden administration official to a high-stakes meeting as soon as Thursday to discuss a pending $735 million arms sale to Israel, as some members of the party’s liberal wing angrily oppose the United States sending its closest regional ally any more weapons it could use to strike Gaza.

Disclosure of the commercial sale, first reported this week by The Washington Post, prompted a backlash from many of Congress’s newest and most liberal Democrats, who have been vocal critics of what they view as American willingness to turn a blind eye to human-rights abuses Palestinians have experienced at the hands of Israel’s government. In recent days, they have excoriated the more politically moderate members of their party, who signed off on the transaction informally, for permitting such a large cache of munitions to be sent to Israel as it trades fire with Hamas in the worst fighting the disputed territory has seen in years.

The internal feud over whether to block the sale is unlikely to yield short-term results, as a majority of both the House and Senate would have to register a formal objection by Friday to stop the deal in its tracks. But it has exposed fissures in the Democratic Party that may lead to longer-term changes, as its members find themselves in uncharted territory: arguing about whether the United States should put new limits on its financial relationship with Israel.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/israel-arms-sale-biden-democrats/2021/05/19/edc11814-b8d8-11eb-a5fe-bb49dc89a248_story.html

https://www.nysun.com/foreign/sea-change-israel-turns-democrats-toward-iran/91518/

KUDLOW: Changing on Israel, Democrats Turn Toward Iran.

On Tuesday, the Democratic-run House blocked a bill that would have imposed sanctions on foreign entities known to have provided financial assistance to the Iranian-backed terrorist group Hamas.

A chap named Brian Mast, a Republican member of the House from Florida, sponsored the measure. “Under my bill, the United States will sanction these groups that are supporting terrorism,” Mr. Mast said in a floor speech. “Or if we do not pass this bill, we will not stand together to sanction these groups that are enabling this terrorism.”

Democrats then blocked the bill, and on party lines, by a vote of 217 to 209. Tragic. Tragic that the Democratic majority is moving against Israel and in favor of Iranian-backed terrorists. Tragic that there isn’t total bipartisan support for backing Israel, the only true democracy in the Middle East. And certainly America’s greatest ally in that region.

And maybe our best friend in the world. Yet you’ve got Democrats, like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, and Rashida Tlaib, who publicly denounced Israel as promoting racism under an apartheid system.

The Left is rife with antisemitism.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Ceasefire confirmed.

Congrats Biden on creating Middle East peace!!! 

I was going to post a liberal logic meme,

But whats the point.

NOTHING could illustrate the backwards thinking of the Left more than BillZtimes post above.

Conflict breaks out two weeks ago on Biden's watch.

Shaky ceasefire declared, on Biden's watch.

Lefties point to Biden success.

:rolleyes:

If it was almost anyone else, you would think that maybe it is satire, but we all know that is beyond his capablities.

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I was going to post a liberal logic meme,

But whats the point.

NOTHING could illustrate the backwards thinking of the Left more than BillZtimes post above.

Conflict breaks out two weeks ago on Biden's watch.

Shaky ceasefire declared, on Biden's watch.

Lefties point to Biden success.

:rolleyes:

If it was almost anyone else, you would think that maybe it is satire, but we all know that is beyond his capablities.

But didn’t Trump bring ever lasting peace to the Middle East?

ETTD

36 minutes ago, BillStime said:

But didn’t Trump bring ever lasting peace to the Middle East?

ETTD

No none claims that ..........as you know,

BUT, he did manage to bring it closer, in just four ears...........no wars

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Ceasefire confirmed.

Congrats Biden on creating Middle East peace!!! 

Biden is a bad ass!! 

Holy heck!! This guy is good! 

43 minutes ago, B-Man said:

No none claims that ..........as you know,

BUT, he did manage to bring it closer, in just four ears...........no wars

Oh look, the sore loser is out with his garbage already! 😂 

• Haha (+1) 1