Explosion In Jerusalem

On 5/13/2021 at 10:48 PM, SCBills said:

I honestly don’t think this would be happening if Trump was President.  Doesn’t mean he earned that praise from me by competence, but Israel would listen to him if he back-channel told them to chill and Hamas realizes he’s just enough unhinged to do something crazy.   

Not a coincidence that we see the biggest escalation over there in years as soon as he leaves office.  

5 hours ago, meazza said:

That was the real cause of this upheaval.  You really think that all this was because of evictions ?  Every Ramadan you have ***** going on with al asqa.  This year is no different.

The only real difference is that hamas got their hands on rockets that can reach Tel Aviv.

Yes. The “evictions” and what has happened at al-aqsa are the reasons why this has started. Israeli soldiers/police beating people while they pray and shooting rubber bullets at protestors angered everyone. It’s not just the 5 “evictions”. Those are just the beginning. There are dozens more planned in the immediate future. 

5 hours ago, meazza said:
Edited by Justice
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

No one, not trump, not Biden, ot Kushner, Nixon, Reagan, Carter, Clinton, Kennedy, Kissinger, not anyone on this earth can make the most self serving arrogant nation, and the most stubborn stupid disrespectful organization stop their hatred and murdering ways.

End of discussion. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

No one, not trump, not Biden, ot Kushner, Nixon, Reagan, Carter, Clinton, Kennedy, Kissinger, not anyone on this earth can make the most self serving arrogant nation, and the most stubborn stupid disrespectful organization stop their hatred and murdering ways.

End of discussion. 

Captain Kirk could do it! There was an episode of the original series where two civilizations had been at war for centuries. They’d made war so clean and neat, with everything run by computers, that they no longer had a reason to stop it. Kirk and Spock destroyed the central computer thus making war ugly and destructive again. The two sides sued for peace. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 5/11/2021 at 12:26 PM, oldmanfan said:

This will never be solved.  When one group of people do not believe the second group should even exist, no amount of diplomacy will ever have any effect.  That’s why I am always surprised that some think the US can somehow make peace there.  Arabs and Jews have hated each other for centuries - what power do we have to change it?

A lot, actually! We could theoretically withhold all funding to Israel until they end their apartheid state practices. This would help draw the Palestinians back to the negotiating table for a one-state solution, with a two-state solution remaining somewhat viable as well. We could also close our military bases in Muslim lands, end drone strikes, and get back into the JCPOA. All of these actions could provide negotiating leverage with other Muslim countries who, in turn, could help us pressure the Palestinians to fully reject Hamas and to work peacefully with the Israelis.

The United States, of course, isn’t really that motivated to see the Israel-Palestine feud resolved. Endless Middle East conflicts are profitable for the corporate oligarchs that control both major parties. The only politicians consistently (well…sort of) speaking out against Israel’s human rights violations are the progressive Democrats, but they only tweet and give moving speeches so to energize their voting base. They won’t ever actually use their combined powers to challenge Biden and the neoliberals in meaningful ways that threaten current oligarchic power structures.

As ordinary concerned Americans, I would look into aspects of the BDS (Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions) Palestinian movement. I would also use the primaries and populist third parties to apply electoral pressure on the establishment at both of its ends: left and right, Democrat and Republican. Educating others on the Israeli apartheid controversy is always helpful, too. American public opinion has been shifting rapidly toward Palestinian sympathy in recent years, so this strategy seems to be working. We’re seeing less and less of the fallacious “criticism of Israel = anti-Semitism” arguments in public spheres of any good repute (i.e., not places like this hellhole).

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

A lot, actually! We could theoretically withhold all funding to Israel until they end their apartheid state practices. This would help draw the Palestinians back to the negotiating table for a one-state solution, with a two-state solution remaining somewhat viable as well. We could also close our military bases in Muslim lands, end drone strikes, and get back into the JCPOA. All of these actions could provide negotiating leverage with other Muslim countries who, in turn, could help us pressure the Palestinians to fully reject Hamas and to work peacefully with the Israelis.

The United States, of course, isn’t really that motivated to see the Israel-Palestine feud resolved. Endless Middle East conflicts are profitable for the corporate oligarchs that control both major parties. The only politicians consistently (well…sort of) speaking out against Israel’s human rights violations are the progressive Democrats, but they only tweet and give moving speeches so to energize their voting base. They won’t ever actually use their combined powers to challenge Biden and the neoliberals in meaningful ways that threaten current oligarchic power structures.

As ordinary concerned Americans, I would look into aspects of the BDS (Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions) Palestinian movement. I would also use the primaries and populist third parties to apply electoral pressure on the establishment at both of its ends: left and right, Democrat and Republican. Educating others on the Israeli apartheid controversy is always helpful, too. American public opinion has been shifting rapidly toward Palestinian sympathy in recent years, so this strategy seems to be working. We’re seeing less and less of the fallacious “criticism of Israel = anti-Semitism” arguments in public spheres of any good repute (i.e., not places like this hellhole).

The fundamental issue here is that both sides want the other eradicated from the face of the earth.  You have some noble ideas but they won’t change thousands of years of history.

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

Going with that card already huh? ‘Tard. 

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

The fundamental issue here is that both sides want the other eradicated from the face of the earth.  You have some noble ideas but they won’t change thousands of years of history.

I literally don’t know anyone that wants that. 

There’s a political game and then there’s truth. Takes a man with honor and dignity to search for truth. Takes any type of scumbag to play the political game. 

Case in point. “Israel has a right to defend itself.” I mean who could argue with that logic? Nobody right?

“Hamas is a terrorist organization”. Yep. That pretty much checks out. They target civilians. 

Pretty flawless political arguments right? 

Only thing is it’s complete and utter bull####. 

No I’m not gonna explain. If you don’t know by now you’re simply:

a. Blind 

b. Stupid 

c. Can’t read between the lines 

d. Don’t give a damn about the oppressed 

e. Close-minded 

f. All of the above 

I’ll simply it for you. Try to follow along, ok?

The US was invaded by the Native Americans who somehow gained a serious capability to overtake our military and people. They won the war and now we live under an occupying force. We Americans have been stripped of our arms and have no way in fighting back. We have no real military. We have no real funds coming our way. What we do have is rockets. We can acquire those and/or make them. Now let me ask you. Are you gonna use them at times? Or are you just gonna give up and allow the occupying force to slowly, but surely, take more and more property from you? Hmm??? 

Try to be honest with yourself. I know it’s hard for some of you. 

I miss Jerhrud!  That's what the conservative media is getting at.  Seriously, there's not going to be peace there in our lifetimes, and it was worse before I was born.  The longest thread in interwebz history is middle east crisis.  

On 5/15/2021 at 10:48 PM, Justice said:

Yes. The “evictions” and what has happened at al-aqsa are the reasons why this has started. Israeli soldiers/police beating people while they pray and shooting rubber bullets at protestors angered everyone. It’s not just the 5 “evictions”. Those are just the beginning. There are dozens more planned in the immediate future. 

What Israel did to start this was very wrong. How Hamas responded with rockets was way out of proportion . They knew Israel's response would be devastating . This is insanity on the part of Israel and Hamas.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I have a conflicted view of AOC.  I like her and I don't like her. But I think what's more important than what she says and does is what she doesn't say and doesn't do.

If AOC is serious about her positions on Israel and the Middle East she would introduce legislation on the House floor this morning to impose sanctions on businesses and individuals doing business with Israel, stop all financial aid, stop intelligence sharing and military and economic cooperation, ban entry and exit to the US of Israeli citizens.  You know express displeasure with stuff they do against countries like Russia, Iran, and Venezuela that don't play ball by the US rules.

But she isn't going to do that.  That's not her real function.  She will certainly not attack her party leadership, Biden, Pelosi, Schummer, and others that have expressed unwavering support for Israel.  No matter what they do.  Its the moment of truth for her.  So walk the talk or shut up.  Odds are she folds like a cheap suit here. 

• Agree 1