Cover 1 breakdown on Gregory Rousseau

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I still think boogie makes the biggest impact first he looks to me to have the more ready NFL body he’s an extremely violent player I look forward to seeing them both and I think Greg could be special

This is my thought as well. I know some people weren't as high on Basham, but I really like what he brings to this defense. I wouldn't be surprised if he immediately makes Addison just a rotational player. I think Rousseau was more of a project pick, but both were made planning for the future of life without Hughes/Addison come 2022. I think the three of Epenesa/Basham/Rousseau will make for a nice rotation up front at DE moving forward.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/10/2021 at 9:02 AM, YoloinOhio said:

A very good way to start the week 

Thanks for posting, especially since there was also a video analysis of Epenesa's development over the season in the video queue that I hadn't seen before.

👍

Great video btw, Cover 1 has some great videos and is super informative. I subbed to their YouTube channel after this video showed up on my feed. 

Anyways, he almost reminds me a bit of Mario Williams. If I had to pick a player comparison, it would be him. Mario was bigger, but Rousseau has to fill out his frame more. Both tall lengthy guys, I think Rousseau will add at least another 15-20lbs. He obviously could have been a top 5 pick had he had another year of production. Some see him as a project, admittedly you would like to see him have more experience, but you can’t just stumble upon 15.5 sacks and 46 QB pressures, that’s not luck. He doesn’t need to bend the way Jerry Hughes or AJ Epenesa does. He has such great length that he covers so much ground in one or two steps and he seems to use great leverage and also, he is a very high effort guy that goes to the whistle. The Bills did good by taking him at 30.

• Like (+1) 2

It is hard to judge a player with so little playing time.

He seems to be a good physical specimen but part of playing multiple years in college is demonstrating how physically durable a player is and how adaptable is he to changes.

1st round contracts guarantee a lot of money and with little college experience.

It will require a lot resources to develop him.

12 hours ago, Limeaid said:

1st round contracts guarantee a lot of money and with little college experience.

It will require a lot resources to develop him.

I wanted to look this up because I know the info is readily available.

He will sign a contract worth 11.6 million for 4 years with 5.8 being a signing bonus.  That is pennies for a DE.  An average of 2.9 million will have him as somewhere around the 87th highest paid edge rusher.