Punter question

15 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Toledo, Thurmon is right.  It was sim play a salary issue.  They saved $1 mil., by cutting him.

Ive never read anywhere he was not happy in Buffalo.

Can recall Beane's exact words but he implied Bojo wasn't willing to sign a long term contract with the Bills, again not at what they were offering.  Maybe that was Bojo's thing.  OK I'll sign for one year at that rate, but the Bills wanted a longer contract.

I do wonder if Bojo's mishaps on holds were part of the reason he's not here as again he wanted the big $$, but Bills wee offering less in part because they were concerned over his holding issues.

From what I've read QB's no longer hold for the most part because they don't want to take them away from time spent doing QB work.  30 years ago the backup QB would just stay after practice with the kicker, now not allowed.  For that reason easier to use the punter.

2 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Well, the question that comes to mind when I think about our new punter is, what relation is he (if any) to Christina Haack? Somehow I've never seen that last name in my life and it appears twice this year. Wikipedia doesn't have this answer, so I'll just throw it out there. 

Who?

29 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Well, the question that comes to mind when I think about our new punter is, what relation is he (if any) to Christina Haack? Somehow I've never seen that last name in my life and it appears twice this year. Wikipedia doesn't have this answer, so I'll just throw it out there. 

Christina Haack has been a California resident all of her life.

Matt Haack is from Iowa.  Catholic school boy.

Parents are  Martha Ann Johnson & Marshall Haack from US Census records.

Edited by Limeaid

21 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Disagree with the fact he always seems to mention he’s coached and scouted?

Gunner can have whatever opinion he wants and he knows I respect it

And I maybe mention it maybe once every couple months. And it was to back up the fact that I've seen terrible punting performances over 30 years .. much worse than bojo

Not to say nana boo boo I know more than you 

Let's be real I have no problem admitting im wrong when I am

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

Brian Moorman was an excellent athlete as a punter/holder.  He could run and throw.  Buffalo was not afraid to use him on fake puts at all.  I don't recall if he was involved with many fake field goal attempts, but he was definitely capable.  I don't have any idea what kind of athlete Haack is.

Here is a video of Brian Moorman on a fake field goal:

[starts at 0:37]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfslWtWZo6o

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

He showed enough that he has a shot as midseason replacement in NFL if a player gets hurt, suspended or just plays poorly.

Maybe.  But there are 32 positions available and 40 guys under contract, plus several still out there in FA who will probably be signed as camp/pre-season legs who will get a chance to showcase themselves.

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Bojo better pray he wins the Rams job. If he doesn’t, he could be done in the NFL. 

Until the next punter job opens up.  There are a lot of bad punters in the nfl.  Bojo led the league in average.... the odds are, imo, that he’s not done as an nfl punter if he doesn’t win this job in LA

• Agree 1