The BIG LIE

Trump campaign staff on 2020 election lies: ‘fan the flame’

“Here’s the deal: Comms is going to continue to fan the flame and get the word out about Democrats trying to steal this election. We’ll do whatever they need. Just be on standby if there’s any stunts we need to pull,” Iverson said.

“At the end of the day, this operation received more votes than any other Republican in Wisconsin history,” Iverson said. “Say what you want, our operation turned out Republican or DJT supporters. Democrats have got 20,000 more than us, out of Dane County and other shenanigans in Milwaukee, Green Bay and Dane. There’s a lot that people can learn from this campaign.”

At one point, the operatives laugh over needing “more Black voices for Trump.” Iverson also references their efforts to engage with Black voters.

“We ever talk to Black people before? I don’t think so,” he said, eliciting laughter from others in the room.

https://www.npr.org/2023/02/20/1158223099/fox-news-dominion-wackadoodle-election-fraud-claim

Buried in the news cycle (Tucker has tapes! Tucker hates Trump!!) is something so astonishing I thought someone made it up. No. It’s real: Trump lawyer (they tried to disavow her later, but that’s exactly what she was) says she got her info on Dominion Voting Systems from another woman (not named). And here’s where Powell’s source got her information:

“The author of the memo in which Powell and Bartiromo put so much stock offered detailed and utterly false claims of how Dominion Voting Systems helped rig the election for Biden. She also shared a bit about herself, writing that she gains insights from experiencing something "like time-travel in a semi-conscious state."

But wait, there’s more!

“Who am I? And how do I know all of this?... I've had the strangest dreams since I was a little girl," the woman wrote in the email shared by Powell with Bartiromo and Dobbs. "I was internally decapitated, and yet, I live."

And THIS is what Fox News aired. And THIS is what a lot of buffoons gobbled up. 

It’s really hard to win a defamation lawsuit. But I think Fox will have to settle before it goes to trial. They aired accusations of voter fraud by Dominion that quite literally were dreamed up by some undisclosed wacko. 

18 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

https://www.npr.org/2023/02/20/1158223099/fox-news-dominion-wackadoodle-election-fraud-claim

Buried in the news cycle (Tucker has tapes! Tucker hates Trump!!) is something so astonishing I thought someone made it up. No. It’s real: Trump lawyer (they tried to disavow her later, but that’s exactly what she was) says she got her info on Dominion Voting Systems from another woman (not named). And here’s where Powell’s source got her information:

“The author of the memo in which Powell and Bartiromo put so much stock offered detailed and utterly false claims of how Dominion Voting Systems helped rig the election for Biden. She also shared a bit about herself, writing that she gains insights from experiencing something "like time-travel in a semi-conscious state."

But wait, there’s more!

“Who am I? And how do I know all of this?... I've had the strangest dreams since I was a little girl," the woman wrote in the email shared by Powell with Bartiromo and Dobbs. "I was internally decapitated, and yet, I live."

It’s really hard to win a defamation lawsuit. But I think Fox will have to settle before it goes to trial. They aired accusations of voter fraud by Dominion that quite literally were dreamed up by some undisclosed wacko. 

That is hilarious.  Crazy people be crazy.

Now, did Fox say they have verified the information and that it was true or did they just bring to light that this is what was being said by someone who is a news maker?  I can see them getting Powell, but I can't see them getting fox for defamation. 

2 minutes ago, Demongyz said:

That is hilarious.  Crazy people be crazy.

Now, did Fox say they have verified the information and that it was true or did they just bring to light that this is what was being said by someone who is a news maker?  I can see them getting Powell, but I can't see them getting fox for defamation. 

Good question. That’s why defamation suits are hard to win. Under the Supreme Court case (incidentally, one that many Republicans want it to overturn), you have to show “actual malice” in reporting fake news. So intent matters. But “actual malice” here doesn’t mean “I know it’s fake but I’m still airing it because I want to harm Dominion.” Reckless disregard for the truth may be enough. So the timing matters. Powell: I want to go on your “news” show to report that Dominion fixed the election.” Fox producer: “What’s your source?”  Powell: “A memo from a woman who says this information comes to her in dreams.” Would that suffice? Definitely. I don’t know that that’s the chronology, but at a minimum they didn’t vet Powell’s source. Which also may suffice. 
They are trying to fall back on this argument (which may work): “We weren’t reporting it as news in and of itself; we were reporting that a Trump lawyer BELIEVES that Dominion machines were rigged.” 
But I still say they’ll settle since a huge judgment against them would be the worst case scenario. Even winning (case dismissed) doesn’t help them regain their reputation or whatever is left of it. 

17 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Good question. That’s why defamation suits are hard to win. Under the Supreme Court case (incidentally, one that many Republicans want it to overturn), you have to show “actual malice” in reporting fake news. So intent matters. But “actual malice” here doesn’t mean “I know it’s fake but I’m still airing it because I want to harm Dominion.” Reckless disregard for the truth may be enough. So the timing matters. Powell: I want to go on your “news” show to report that Dominion fixed the election.” Fox producer: “What’s your source?”  Powell: “A memo from a woman who says this information comes to her in dreams.” Would that suffice? Definitely. I don’t know that that’s the chronology, but at a minimum they didn’t vet Powell’s source. Which also may suffice. 
They are trying to fall back on this argument (which may work): “We weren’t reporting it as news in and of itself; we were reporting that a Trump lawyer BELIEVES that Dominion machines were rigged.” 
But I still say they’ll settle since a huge judgment against them would be the worst case scenario. Even winning (case dismissed) doesn’t help them regain their reputation or whatever is left of it. 

Yeah, will be interesting to see if it went to trial, but I agree, it will be settled.

57 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

But wait, there’s more!

And from where do you think Christopher Steele got his information?  Were you astonished when you found out it from was Russian spies?

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

And from where do you think Christopher Steele got his information?  Were you astonished when you found out it from was Russian spies?

No. I wasn’t astonished. I was skeptical from the start. And as soon as I found out the provenance of that Steele memo (Dem connected law firm commissioned investigative group which then retained Steele) I discounted everything in it. 
So, knowing what we know now about these preposterous election fraud claims, do YOU agree that Biden was fairly elected?