Peter King predicts either Bucs-Bills, Bucs-cowboys opener

5 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

I think this makes the most sense...usually week 1 is a Monday night Double header....could easily see Dolphins at Bills followed by KC at Chargers  .....both teams in AFCCG VS 2 teams that are considered up and coming challengers.

Buccs Cowboys problaby makes sense in the opener.....I'd love Bills Buccs as a football fan, but the TV execs probably really like Cowboys Buccs.  

Not this year. I can't post the link but the article says only one MNF game now.

NFL set to eliminate Week 1 'Monday Night Football' doubleheader this season, per report (msn.com)

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

Not this year. I can't post the link but the article says only one MNF game now.

NFL set to eliminate Week 1 'Monday Night Football' doubleheader this season, per report (msn.com)

Yeah, you're right.  That's too bad, I dug the week 1 MNF double headed. Though I rarely made it to the end of game 2.

I actually like the Bills vs Bucs for the opposite reason many of you have said. I think the Dak return sells itself and the NFL would be wise to put that in the 4pm or late game Sunday slot. Bills and Bucs will generate a ton of views because it's the first game among two of the best teams in the NFL. 

Thursday night: Bills at Bucs

4pm Sunday: WFT at Cowboys

Late Sunday: Chargers at Chiefs

Monday night: Browns at Ravens

Something like that would be good imo

NFL is in a weird spot because Brees retired and Rodgers is a uncertainty. It means all the Packers game are ??? and the Saints games aren't as interesting.

Edited by dma0034

I understand the Cowboys draw, but...are we underestimating JA's national following?

Yes, right there, I said it out loud. But I think it's true.

Perhaps I'm watching too many Bills YT/other vids, but I am frankly shocked by the number of comments like "I am a [xyz team] fan, but I love Josh Allen".

The narrative of "Brady v Allen" sells itself.

7 hours ago, dma0034 said:

I actually like the Bills vs Bucs for the opposite reason many of you have said. I think the Dak return sells itself and the NFL would be wise to put that in the 4pm or late game Sunday slot. Bills and Bucs will generate a ton of views because it's the first game among two of the best teams in the NFL. 

Thursday night: Bills at Bucs

4pm Sunday: WFT at Cowboys

Late Sunday: Chargers at Chiefs

Monday night: Browns at Ravens

Something like that would be good imo

NFL is in a weird spot because Brees retired and Rodgers is a uncertainty. It means all the Packers game are ??? and the Saints games aren't as interesting.

I heard someone say today Sal? that the Saints actually are a good fit for TNF with the Bucs because of the return of Jameis Winston. I think that is really pushing a hard sell but who knows. 

On 5/9/2021 at 10:05 PM, BillsMafi$ said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/09/miami-dolphins-draft-trades-nfl-schedule-fmia-peter-king/?cid=fmiatw

• The opener. Tampa Bay gets to open at home on Thursday, Sept. 9, with the 2020 champs beginning 2021 with basically the exact same roster. My prediction: The foe will be either Buffalo or Dallas. Why do I say that? The NFL wants to get off to a very strong start after a shaky offseason, and they want a game that will generate buzz in the weeks before the season begins and will be must-see TV to start the season. To schedule the Saints or Bears or Giants here (all Bucs home foes this year) doesn’t seem smart because any of them could be a game that’s over by halftime. Not so Buffalo or Dallas. The Bills could go to Tampa and win the opener, and the Cowboys, with Dak Prescott leading an explosive offense, would be able to go toe-to-toe with the Arians/Brady offense. We’ll see, but those are the two sexiest home foes for the Bucs, and I think one of them will open the NFL’s 102nd season.

It's official: Dallas.

Bills home at 1:00 PM Sunday, 9/12/21, vs Stillers.

Edited by ExWNYer