Peter King predicts either Bucs-Bills, Bucs-cowboys opener

CBS fights to have Bills-Bucs at425 pm game.

I can see Bucs hosting dallas or New Orleans in opener

also host BB and Tennessee 8n extra 17th game if it’s all afc at nfc

Edited by djp14150

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Yeah Kwai, I thought you told me once Sarasota or Bradenton and that is better.  Tampa is unique.  It’s great 8 months a year so certainly not complaining.  It just sucks for a few months.  Then it’s heavenly here.  I know since we play south teams this year AFC and NFC, you guys will love these game mid or later in the year, except the dome teams like Indy.  Playing Jax, Miami, Tampa, and so on will be great as I’ve managed these areas for a long time.

I hope for my Buffalo brethren who like to go to travel games you get more Jets, Pats, Pitt., early and more South teams if possible late.  All of you will enjoy you’re trips more.  It doesn’t matter as no one is asking my opinion nor should they regarding the schedule.

I just love when the Buffalo Mafia shows up here in Tampa every 8 years.  It’s so much fun as you guys invade Tampa like the pirates invasion of Gasparilla (Tampa reference if you don’t know what I mean).

I always tell my buds - there is Endless Summer here......Kinda Summer, Summer, REALLY Summer and Sorta Summer.  That REALLY Summer separates the men from the boys for sure.  I have never been to Jax for a game.....Miami 3 times, (one time I melted!) and was REALLY looking forward to TB but not any longer if it is in September!!  Don't wanna melt again in September.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

If it's between the Bills and Dallas, I'd rather it be Dallas. Looking forward to a 'traditional' Sunday Week 1 opener. But that's just me.

Against the Jets? Lol

Edited by Buffalo03

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I know Brees is no longer there but NO still has a good team plus its a divisional rivalry game. I wouldn't be surprised if they were the team that plays week 1 at Tampa.

What you say is true, but the absence of Brees kills this idea.

It will be Dallas. The television networks love them, and I just do not see the NFL starting the season off with an AFC Vs. NFC game. These games have little to no bearing on the tie breakers.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

100000% it's Dallas

The hype around Dak's return.

The Dallas market.  

And it's fine by me.

We'll be hosting the 2022 Thursday night opener anyway. 

The league would change the schedule rules and eliminate opening Thursday night games if that happens lol

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

What you say is true, but the absence of Brees kills this idea.

It will be Dallas. The television networks love them, and I just do not see the NFL starting the season off with an AFC Vs. NFC game. These games have little to no bearing on the tie breakers.

It probably will be Dallas for the reasons you mentioned. Another possibility could be the Giants. They made some nice moves in the offseason to build around Jones. They are a big market NYC team that also brings in high ratings with a strong national appeal. Plus they are one of the NFL's "favorite franchises". It probably will be Dallas but I could see the Saints, Bills, and even the Giants as a possibility.

13 hours ago, Logic said:

Tom Brady Football GIF

I don't know what's happening here, but.....I had to look at it, and now so did you.

The way it looks is that he's having difficulties navigating an unlocked home screen.

The Cowboys would draw the biggest audience to kick off the season.

The league doesn't want Brady to lose opening week, the Bills can beat them, the Cowboys won't.

Our season usually starts with the Jets but this year I think we'll go to New England to start the season. If the league sends us to NE, it'll probably be Sun or Mon night.

Lol for completely selfish reasons I need the Bills

playing Sunday or Monday. My second child’s due date is opening night and the last thing I need is a distraction nor my child having to see Tom Brady as he enters the world

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I'd love this game week 1.  

Also, the Bills are a better matchup.  The Cowboys disappear some games, and it's Dak's first game back.  Expect some rust, so I'd go with the team that made a deep playoff run (Bills) and who return its core, over a team who may or may not be totally ready week 1.  

I think it's going to be the Bills

Cowboys are a huge draw whenever they play, so that game could be MNF or SNF later in the year. 

Bills are an exciting up and coming team, there's the history with Brady, and Bills/Bucs is a really interesting matchup. 

Bills are by far the Best team that plays in Tampa next year. Do they want a war in week 1 opening game? For the NFL having the Bucs slap around the Boys or Bears in the opener works fine.   If that’s a Sunday or Monday night game somewhere in the middle of the season will it even be a better and bigger game?

It will be Dallas.  So many would tune in just to see the drama.  Will they be competitive or not?  Will Dak be his old self?

I’m fine with Cowboys/Bucs opener.

Any chance it is not TB?  They didn’t give NE the opener a couple of years ago. 

1 minute ago, BillsfaninSB said:

It will be Dallas.  So many would tune in just to see the drama.  Will they be competitive or not?  Will Dak be his old self?

I’m fine with Cowboys/Bucs opener.

Any chance it is not TB?  They didn’t give NE the opener a couple of years ago. 

Was that the year they made an exception and had the Bears-Packers open the season because it was the 100 anniversary of the league. They wanted the NFL's oldest rivalry to open up the season. This year TB will definitely get the game at home.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, HOUSE said:

So, the  6-10 Cowboys playing in the opener ?

Can't wait...

"Perhaps one reason why it won't be the Cowboys: In the past 15 straight openers, the defending Super Bowl champs have opened against a team that was .500 or better the previous year. Dallas was 6-10 in 2020."