Peter King predicts either Bucs-Bills, Bucs-cowboys opener

18 hours ago, BillsMafi$ said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/09/miami-dolphins-draft-trades-nfl-schedule-fmia-peter-king/?cid=fmiatw

• The opener. Tampa Bay gets to open at home on Thursday, Sept. 9, with the 2020 champs beginning 2021 with basically the exact same roster. My prediction: The foe will be either Buffalo or Dallas. Why do I say that? The NFL wants to get off to a very strong start after a shaky offseason, and they want a game that will generate buzz in the weeks before the season begins and will be must-see TV to start the season. To schedule the Saints or Bears or Giants here (all Bucs home foes this year) doesn’t seem smart because any of them could be a game that’s over by halftime. Not so Buffalo or Dallas. The Bills could go to Tampa and win the opener, and the Cowboys, with Dak Prescott leading an explosive offense, would be able to go toe-to-toe with the Arians/Brady offense. We’ll see, but those are the two sexiest home foes for the Bucs, and I think one of them will open the NFL’s 102nd season.

Boy , I hope we don’t start away playing against Brady. Will be big night for the Bucs who are loaded on D and let’s face it, Mcd has never beaten a Brady lead team yet has he?  Brady has had.Frazier’s number and our rookies on the D line will just be adjusting to the NFL so I doubt they have much impact early on. Also would be good to see if we can get a run game going and see if we can stop the run before facing the loaded SB champs. We prob won’t have our o line set either as it seems every year it takes time for McD to settle on the best 5.   It feels so much better to win that opener; how great was it to start 4-0 last year?

I just hope we get a little easier opener than either away at TB, KC, or even a revamped NE pats team, tho I would be more optimistic about facing the Pats than starting against a QB who has owned us for 20 years or a coach ( Reid) who out-coached McD badly twice the previous year.  Good starts statistically matter in the NFL, and we never seem to get lots of breaks from the NFL so I hope we at least get the best shot we can at starting with a W!  Also , the stadiums in Fl will almost certainly be filled adding to home field advantages returning as our governor has already lifted all restrictions / bans concerning businesses in Fl. And that includes a ban against things like vaccine passports etc.   Would be nice if somehow we got lucky to start out at home despite last year and get our O back on track while doing it in a friendly environment !  Hey we are AFC East champs for once in a long time and I think that should be rewarded, esp rewarding the great fans we have!  

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It will be the Cowboys. I would put big money on it.

The Cowboys should win 7 games this year so I certainly understand the hype

• Haha (+1) 1

I wouldn't mind a week 1 win against Tom. It would allow him to practice his "Jersey numbers were messing me up" tantrum.

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

The Cowboys should win 7 games this year so I certainly understand the hype

That could be a division winner.

12 hours ago, Greg S said:

Doesn't Peter King know its an NFL law we open the season against our "friends" from Jersey. 

King's prediction makes sense, but give me a Jets opener please. Facing a rookie QB making his 1st NFL start would be a great start to the season for us.

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Or Dolphins in Buffalo

I think this makes the most sense...usually week 1 is a Monday night Double header....could easily see Dolphins at Bills followed by KC at Chargers  .....both teams in AFCCG VS 2 teams that are considered up and coming challengers.

Buccs Cowboys problaby makes sense in the opener.....I'd love Bills Buccs as a football fan, but the TV execs probably really like Cowboys Buccs.  

I can see the Bills losing in the opener against the Bucs but at the end of the regular season the Bills will be 13-4 . I say 5-1 against the division  zips right through the playoffs and meet the Bucs in the Super bowl and this time we win the super bowl by beating the Bucs