Peter King predicts either Bucs-Bills, Bucs-cowboys opener

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

The Bucs/Bills will be a lot of hype on any week for a prime time game.  My guess thinking from the NFL perspective is to have a large market team who is a contender.  Dallas is a huge market, but does the league believe this will be a competitive game, or will the Bucs destroy the Cowgirls and people are turning off the game by halftime.

From our perspective or should I say mine, I hope we are not the selected team.  I had hopes to go to the game as I haven’t missed a Bills/Bucs game in Tampa since the early 90’s when I graduated from college.  These tickets will be insane in terms of expense, but that’s not the issue.  

Guys, in the beginning of September, even at 7pm, it may be in the high 80’s, but Tampa is the most humid city in America (Ben more than NO) Not a debatable thing, because of the Bay.  The Bay is hot in the summer so the moisture gets in the air almost year round. Here’s the weather forecast basically every day in the summer through late October.  93-98 degrees with 95% humidity, typically rains almost everyday in the afternoon and possible lightning.  The reason is hockey team is called the Lightning as we get the second most in the world outside of the Ivory Coast.  Again it because of the Bay.

For any of you going, either you’ll sweat you’re ars off, or you’ll get rained on, or a possibility of lightning delays.  If you guys want a fun Bills trip, hope for November/December.  Those games are heavenly.

Anyway, if we get the opener, have fun.  I’ll be watching it on my tv in air conditioning.

After living here just south of Tampa for the last 3 years I can attest to this......I will say tho where I am the humidity is a wee bit less as I am closer to the gulf and those breezes tend to push the humidity way way way down to about 89%!!! 

Agree w you Mr, Kelly - I would be watching that game on TV with the AC going...November or December would be sahweeeet!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

I have mixed feelings about the Bills opening up the season against the Bucs. I recognize that the Bills will now need to be in prime time more often since that's what happens when you start winning and playing entertaining football. But, I really do like the 1:00 p.m. games and more to the point, I like the idea of flying under the radar for a bit, much like last year, without all of the national recognition. 

All of that said, we've been begging for a great team and a contender for 20 years, so now that we have it - I have to concede to the fact that my other preferences need to be put aside. If the Bills open against the Bucs, I suppose I'll see the positive that they will have had all Off-Season to prepare for what will be one of the hardest teams on their schedule. And, hope that it makes a national statement that the Buffalo Bills of 2021 are a true Super Bowl worthy team.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I have mixed feelings about the Bills opening up the season against the Bucs. I recognize that the Bills will now need to be in prime time more often since that's what happens when you start winning and playing entertaining football. But, I really do like the 1:00 p.m. games and more to the point, I like the idea of flying under the radar for a bit, much like last year, without all of the national recognition. 

All of that said, we've been begging for a great team and a contender for 20 years, so now that we have it - I have to concede to the fact that my other preferences need to be put aside. If the Bills open against the Bucs, I suppose I'll see the positive that they will have had all Off-Season to prepare for what will be one of the hardest teams on their schedule. And, hope that it makes a national statement that the Buffalo Bills of 2021 are a true Super Bowl worthy team.

I prefer Sunday games at 1:00 as well but I expect the Bills will be in primetime 4 or 5 times this year. What is really a pain in ass is trying to get to the game on a work night and having to get up early the next day when you are getting home late. Price to pay when we have a good team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Not want to play the Bucs in opener.  Too warm in Florida.

It would be a night game. Still hot and muggy, but much better than 1pm. We have 3 Florida games this season, so better to get a night one when it’s hot. 

26 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I think that it is probable that the NFL is floating these two possible opener games to get a feel for how well received they’d be.  That’s be smart on their part. 

The NFL already knows who will be playing. They are not floating ideas to help them decide. 

I'm more interested in wins each week - the bright spotlight of primetime does not interest me much. I'd rather play a team at 1:00 PM Sunday afternoon - at home, against a team we have an excellent chance to beat - than have a night game against a tough, Super Bowl winning Tampa team. Give me a strong start to the start of the season - wins early will lead to the prime time lights that I am looking forward to -- namely playoff games and the super bowl. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

I'm more interested in wins each week - the bright spotlight of primetime does not interest me much. I'd rather play a team at 1:00 PM Sunday afternoon - at home, against a team we have an excellent chance to beat - than have a night game against a tough, Super Bowl winning Tampa team. Give me a strong start to the start of the season - wins early will lead to the prime time lights that I am looking forward to -- namely playoff games and the super bowl. 

This is why I would like to start at home (1:00 game) vs the Jets. Give Wilson his baptism into the NFL in front of 72,000 (hopefully) screaming Bills Mafia. 

• Like (+1) 1

I would love this game. Brady always seems to start the season a little slow. Getting Brady game 1 would be a good thing as opposed to playing him in November when he's on a roll again and winning every week.

For those that want to see 1 pm games every week and be the underdogs flying under the radar, we could always go 6-10 to 8-8 every year again, that way all your NFL dreams can come true. (Except now it would be 7-10 to 8-9 records)

2 hours ago, Kwai San said:

After living here just south of Tampa for the last 3 years I can attest to this......I will say tho where I am the humidity is a wee bit less as I am closer to the gulf and those breezes tend to push the humidity way way way down to about 89%!!! 

Agree w you Mr, Kelly - I would be watching that game on TV with the AC going...November or December would be sahweeeet!!!!

Yeah Kwai, I thought you told me once Sarasota or Bradenton and that is better.  Tampa is unique.  It’s great 8 months a year so certainly not complaining.  It just sucks for a few months.  Then it’s heavenly here.  I know since we play south teams this year AFC and NFC, you guys will love these game mid or later in the year, except the dome teams like Indy.  Playing Jax, Miami, Tampa, and so on will be great as I’ve managed these areas for a long time.

I hope for my Buffalo brethren who like to go to travel games you get more Jets, Pats, Pitt., early and more South teams if possible late.  All of you will enjoy you’re trips more.  It doesn’t matter as no one is asking my opinion nor should they regarding the schedule.

I just love when the Buffalo Mafia shows up here in Tampa every 8 years.  It’s so much fun as you guys invade Tampa like the pirates invasion of Gasparilla (Tampa reference if you don’t know what I mean).

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, BillsMafi$ said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/09/miami-dolphins-draft-trades-nfl-schedule-fmia-peter-king/?cid=fmiatw

• The opener. Tampa Bay gets to open at home on Thursday, Sept. 9, with the 2020 champs beginning 2021 with basically the exact same roster. My prediction: The foe will be either Buffalo or Dallas. Why do I say that? The NFL wants to get off to a very strong start after a shaky offseason, and they want a game that will generate buzz in the weeks before the season begins and will be must-see TV to start the season. To schedule the Saints or Bears or Giants here (all Bucs home foes this year) doesn’t seem smart because any of them could be a game that’s over by halftime. Not so Buffalo or Dallas. The Bills could go to Tampa and win the opener, and the Cowboys, with Dak Prescott leading an explosive offense, would be able to go toe-to-toe with the Arians/Brady offense. We’ll see, but those are the two sexiest home foes for the Bucs, and I think one of them will open the NFL’s 102nd season.

Dallas still has problems....I don't understand this dialog....the bills are way the better match for the Bucs.  But, just a small market team, so may not get picked.

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

If it rains he I think you mean.

I was actually thinking about going to Tampa for game and was hoping for a late season game so it was not so hot for ME.

A night game down there would not be as hot, so I am for that wrt the heat issue.

It would shock me if it wasn't Dallas. Dak's coming back, Dallas might actually be good, and it's America's team. They'll hype the heck out of that. Also, a Dallas-Bucs game becomes worthless in the middle of the season if Dallas actually doesn't end up being good. Whereas both the Bills and Bucs will almost definitely be very good teams this year so the NFL can confidently put that game in the middle to late part of the schedule and still expect a highly anticipated matchup.

26 minutes ago, patzen said:

It would shock me if it wasn't Dallas. Dak's coming back, Dallas might actually be good, and it's America's team. They'll hype the heck out of that. Also, a Dallas-Bucs game becomes worthless in the middle of the season if Dallas actually doesn't end up being good. Whereas both the Bills and Bucs will almost definitely be very good teams this year so the NFL can confidently put that game in the middle to late part of the schedule and still expect a highly anticipated matchup.

Dallas isn’t good at all. The bucs will wreak havoc on their old oline and score at will against that trash defense.