Bills WR Gabriel Davis reveals painful experience playing alongside Josh Allen

2 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

Josh Allen is a liability on the field. Probably why Trubisky was brought in

If you combine Josh's arm strength with Trubisky's accuracy, you could do some serious damage to the hands of opposing DBs.

• Vomit 1

2 hours ago, Draconator said:

That ain't nuthin! 

I took a 2 week break from playing bass. I was called up by a band to play a couple of songs. I use extra light gauge strings. The bassist in the other band used medium gauge strings. 

End result

1049480503_Screenshot2021-05-09185713.jpg.8c14d52a22a254c6d28458da764f9db5.jpg

Did you get your money for nothing and your chicks for free?

• Like (+1) 1

That ain't nuthin! 

I took a 2 week break from playing bass. I was called up by a band to play a couple of songs. I use extra light gauge strings. The bassist in the other band used medium gauge strings. 

End result

Whoa! 

You’re not just Entwistle-ing Dixie. 

Edited by inaugural balls
  • Haha (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Draconator said:

That ain't nuthin! 

End result

Use a pick Tom Hamilton and a lot of other great rock & roll bass players do ...

10 hours ago, Clyde Smith said:

The Farve effect. The splintered fingers syndrome.

You beat me to it.  When I read someone saying the strongest QB arm ever, he evidently didn’t ever read the stories by Favre’s WR’s with broken fingers.  Someone tell Davis to cowboy up.  I’m sure this must have been taken out of context and was actually pumping up the Allen arm experience.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, T master said:

Use a pick Tom Hamilton and a lot of other great rock & roll bass players do ...

I've started to use a pick more, but I've studied Geddy Lee (Because I like Rush, they're my favorite), and Geddy doesn't use a pick. He grows his fingernails on his right hand longer and uses his nails like a pick. This had to be a day where I bit my fingernails off in an Eric Cartman like rage over something....

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Clyde Smith said:

The Farve effect. The splintered fingers syndrome.

A Stanford WR who played with John Elway worked as an intern at my company back then. He said by the end of the season his fingers were so messed up, he was trying to catch passes with his palms.

• Haha (+1) 1

I've started to use a pick more, but I've studied Geddy Lee (Because I like Rush, they're my favorite), and Geddy doesn't use a pick. He grows his fingernails on his right hand longer and uses his nails like a pick. This had to be a day where I bit my fingernails off in an Eric Cartman like rage over something....

Friend of mine played classical guitar.  He also used his fingernails, complete with clear nail polish.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Friend of mine played classical guitar.  He also used his fingernails, complete with clear nail polish.

That is standard for classical guitar. I did take classical guitar lessons like 30 years ago, and my teacher had like 3 inch finger nails on his right hand. But classical guitarists are playing nylon strings. Quite a different thing to be using your fingernails on metal wound bass strings. 

• Like (+1) 1

Switch from sticky gloves to catcher's mitts.

Seriously, though, I think Josh has learned to take the edge off of his fastball, when the situation calls for it. But when he has to zing it in there to make the completion, all our guys better cowboy up and make the catch. Or they can go catch lobs from Goff in Detroit, and go 4-13 every year.

It's an occupational hazard in big boy football.

18 hours ago, Draconator said:

That ain't nuthin! 

End result

I got blisters on me fingers!

• Like (+1) 1