Keuchly coming back? He has resigned from his Pro Scout position at Panthers.

9 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Keuchly has scrambled eggs for brains. He needs to stay retired for his own health. His future PTSD is going to be really bad, Imo. 

Remember his little temper tantrum in 2016? The dude started balling like a baby. 

You should probably take a break.  You and back2buff need some help.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ooooh now there's a thought.  But isn't that what former Panther Greg Olsen is doing?

I waited on him and the entire Carolina O-Line a handful of years ago. Olsen, who was the established, celebrated vet of the group, really had the defining/dominating comment on every thread of the table's conversation; there is a distinct way cerebral/reflective guys (or those who try to be) stick out in NFL conversations. Majority of NFL players and personnel are smart people, don't get me wrong at all. But they're not all openly inquisitive and thoughtful in social situations. Olsen was an alpha nerd at a 10-top of giants. He makes sense in the booth.

Bonus tea to spill: they played credit card roulette, throwing all their cards in a ballcap and making a busser choose the loser. My idiot busser didn't dig for the heaviest card, and instead pulled out Byron Bell's card, a youngish player at the time (had been undrafted) who was the most obviously out of his element (rural Texan roots) at a restaurant like Tempo. Anyways, he tipped me under 10% on what was not a small check or a low maintenance table. Bright spot: Mario Williams made him pay the next day with his ridonculous 4.5 sack game (most of which was over Bell). 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Kuechly coming back?

There's nothing in the story about it. There are so many other possible reasons to quit a job.

Maybe he's got a personality clash with someone there. 

I can't imagine him coming back, myself.

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

How about Bills LB coach?🤔

He could be an assistant or quality control I suppose. If he wanted to get into coaching. No indication that he does and his wife is a doctor in Charlotte so thinking the relo might be an issue. He can work for the Bills from Charlotte as a personnel advisor if scouting is something he is still interested in doing for another organization 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, as @BADOLBILZ pointed out, some guys I woulda thought were wrecks, have come back from retirement (Gronkowski).

But we have no inkling he wishes to return to play at this point.

Gronk didn't have his brain scrambled.  He was just bored and didn't want to play on a going nowhere NE team.

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Gronk didn't have his brain scrambled.  He was just bored and didn't want to play on a going nowhere NE team.

Gronk had 2 known concussions in his injury history.  He also had three back surgeries for "herniated disc with nerve impingement", including one involving a fractured vertebrae. 

It's not like his injuries were all niggling or benign.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Gronk had 2 known concussions in his injury history.  He also had three back surgeries for "herniated disc with nerve impingement", including one involving a fractured vertebrae. 

Yes Gronk had long history of back issues predating his drafting.  But his return was more of how much pain he could tolerate. Keuchkly is a different issue.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Goonk said it was more like 20 concussions.  If anyone's brains are scrambled...

• Like (+1) 1

Keuchly always sounded more like a coach rather than a scout

Wonder if in a few years you hear Keuchly getting into coaching. Could need a few years away from the game so he doesn't get the itch to play type of thing 

Or become the Jordan palmer of linebackers 

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad

22 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Keuchly always sounded more like a coach rather than a scout

Wonder if in a few years you hear Keuchly getting into coaching. Could need a few years away from the game so he doesn't get the itch to play type of thing 

Or become the Jordan palmer of linebackers 

I think the latter would be better for him.

His wife is a doctor so he would be able to bring players to NC (or whatever area they decide to move if she gets another position) and have hours which would be less than he would be as a coach and be easier to set with her schedule.

• Like (+1) 2