Keuchly coming back? He has resigned from his Pro Scout position at Panthers.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Or maybe he thought he would be interested in scouting, but after doing it for a season he realized it wasn't his cup of tea and he wants to do something else.

Seems like world championship "leaping to conclusions" to go from "Keuchley resigned as a scout" to "Keuchley might return to playing football"

Think it is this. He gave it a go but it is not for him. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo619 said:

Keuchly has scrambled eggs for brains. He needs to stay retired for his own health. His future PTSD is going to be really bad, Imo. 

Remember his little temper tantrum in 2016? The dude started balling like a baby. 

That was sad to watch. It’s always uncomfortable seeing a grown man cry

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Seems like world championship "leaping to conclusions" to go from "Keuchley resigned as a scout" to "Keuchley might return to playing football"

Actually, no, it's not.

Superstar players sometimes retire and then come back........see Gronk or Witten just in the past couple seasons.

But it is why I didn't bring it up when I saw it yesterday. 

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Disagree 1

Oh wow, Luke literally just turned 30. 

If he's healthy enough to play, he probably still has a few years left in the tank.  His speed is going to start to drop off significantly though if it hasn't already, and that speed is a big part of what made him such a great fit for McD's system.  

I'm just not sure that the Bills are interested after picking up Tremaine's 5th year option and the Milano extension.  The only way I can see this working is if Tremaine moves outside and they utilize a lot more 3-backer play calls.  

3 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Keuchly has scrambled eggs for brains. He needs to stay retired for his own health. His future PTSD is going to be really bad, Imo. 

Remember his little temper tantrum in 2016? The dude started balling like a baby. 

I've never seen him play basketball, but I'm sure he's better than baby.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Or maybe he thought he would be interested in scouting, but after doing it for a season he realized it wasn't his cup of tea and he wants to do something else.

A surprising voice of reason so early in this thread.  Thank you.

3 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

you mean after he got a really bad concussion and realized his season and career might be over?  You ever had a concussion and how bad they can be?  

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You are right as usual. It is not very likely - but stranger things have happened. For heaven's sake, dont be a killjoy. Let us dream a bit.😀

image.thumb.png.65e7961c4e4fb107e5ead3e8ce3fb93b.png

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Think it is this. He gave it a go but it is not for him. 

Or maybe he wanted a big promotion and didn't get a look.

With all the turnover there,  a new owner and HC that he never played for.......his guys aren't really there anymore.

Coincidentally,  Dan Morgan was a concussion magnet at The U and with the Panthers.    

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Actually, no, it's not.

Superstar players sometimes retire and then come back........see Gronk or Witten just in the past couple seasons.

But it is why I didn't bring it up when I saw it yesterday.

I grant you that superstar players do retire, then return to play. 

But it's still a gigantic leap between "I resigned from my scouting job" and "I want to return and play"

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If he came back the Redskins probably make sense. The Bills have no spot for him. 

I’m sure most of the teams would find/make a spot for him ...

4 hours ago, aristocrat said:

you mean after he got a really bad concussion and realized his season and career might be over?  You ever had a concussion and how bad they can be?  

Yeah, 3 over like a 2 year period scared the hell out of him and rightly so into retirement. Really sucks as he was a beast on the field when healthy.

Scary stuff

luk.0.gif

Edited by Real McNasty

https://www.google.com/amp/s/billswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/22/buffalo-bills-brandon-beane-potential-coach-luke-kuechly/amp/

Of the two in the Bills’ current brass, Beane discussed Kuechly with MMQB and raved about his legendary work ethic.

“(Kuechly is) the rare guy who had it all,” Beane said. “He’s super smart, his instincts are a 12 on a scale of 1–10 and his work ethic’s at the same level. And it’s very rare that someone with the instincts, smarts and athleticism he had still has drive like he did. On Thursday nights during the week, I’d walk down there and he’s got every linebacker still there with them, teaching them how to watch film, what to look for.”

From last year

• Like (+1) 1