Bills back to SJF for training camp? (Update: Not this year)

7 hours ago, Doc said:

As for it being for one year or not needing it, it's worked so far.  Why change it?

I think the contract runs through one more year, j may be wrong. If so, they could re-evaluate given most teams have stopped going away 

On 5/18/2021 at 6:15 AM, YoloinOhio said:

I think the contract runs through one more year, j may be wrong. If so, they could re-evaluate given most teams have stopped going away 

That is correct there is at least a year left. Not sure how COVID's missed year impacts the agreement or not.

On 5/25/2021 at 4:11 PM, Doc said:

With almost all teams approved for full stadium capacity, I'm not sure why training camp couldn't be held at SJFC?

I don't think stadium capacity has any bearing on it.  My understanding is the NFL/NFLPA have agreed on a whole bunch of protocols right down to the air flow and filtration in the rooms where players stay, in the meeting rooms, in the weight rooms.  Then there's the issue of capacity if the meetings are required to be socially distant due to low vaccinations. 

They know how to do all that in Orchard Park under the strict protocols of last season, but they'd have to figure it all out for SJF.  I think that's what McDermott means by calling it a "heavy lift"

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

News just flashed to my phone - camp will NOT be in Pittsford this year.

https://www.whec.com/sports/buffalo-bills-will-not-hold-training-camp-in-rochester-/6133427/?cat=565

Not surprising with the COVID protocols.  I just did not see anyway without near 100% vaccination rate among the players.

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Bills back to SJF for training camp? (Update: Not this year)

I wonder which location the players like better...

Based on Poyer's last interview, camaraderie is great at SJF with them all rooming together, but facilities are much better at OBD.

Camaraderie doesn't seem to be an issue with this team, either way.

• Like (+1) 1