Bills back to SJF for training camp? (Update: Not this year)

On 5/8/2021 at 7:41 PM, scuba guy said:

And st john fisher is in Pittsford and has nothing to do with the city of Rochester (a little higher end clientele)

I will be seeing the ad on Monday put I did not here anything to say a no.

wut?

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/8/2021 at 7:41 PM, scuba guy said:

So st john fisher college ended classes on Thursday 

1) all classes were optional re: zoom or in person 

2) all students were tested on campus every Wednesday 

3) no extra people were allowed on campus at all re: doorm parties (were they drink milk and cookies)

4) when students left the doorm on Thursday only one extra person was allowed into the doorm room to help clean out and carry stuff.

5) all students while on campus were required to have asked on at all times

6) only 1 cafeteria on campus was open.

And st john fisher is in Pittsford and has nothing to do with the city of Rochester (a little higher end clientele)

I will be seeing the ad on Monday put I did not here anything to say a no.

This post is extremely confusing. You list all the precautions SJF has done for their paying students.  What about that list makes you think they'd be comfortable busing in crowds of the general public to spectate a football team? Btw Pittsford is a township of the city of Rochester. "Higher clientele" (which is pretty offensive) or not.

7 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Btw Pittsford is a township of the city of Rochester.

Directly from the Pittsford website,

"The Town of Pittsford is located in the southeastern portion of Monroe County in upstate New York. Rochester is the closest metropolitan area and is approximately eight miles to the northwest".

Definitely not part of City of Rochester, Pittsford is an upscale bedroom community with a Clarence, Orchard Park or East Aurora feel to it.  Second wealthiest zip code in Rochester area.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

This post is extremely confusing. You list all the precautions SJF has done for their paying students.  What about that list makes you think they'd be comfortable busing in crowds of the general public to spectate a football team? Btw Pittsford is a township of the city of Rochester. "Higher clientele" (which is pretty offensive) or not.

My statement is what the school did for there students not anything about bussing or the logistics of having camp at the college.

Pittsford is a town in Monroe County

Not a township of the city of Rochester 

Higher end clientele meaning 

The Sands

The Wegmans

The Reidmans

Wilmorite

Oak hill cc

Monroe cc

1 minute ago, freddyjj said:

"The Town of Pittsford is located in the southeastern portion of Monroe County in upstate New York. Rochester is the closest metropolitan area and is approximately eight miles to the northwest".

Definitely not part of City of Rochester, Pittsford is an upscale bedroom community with a Clarence, Orchard Park or East Aurora feel to it.  Second wealthiest zip code in Rochester area.  

Thank you

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

It's a village... in the suburbs of Rochester. 

"The Village of Pittsford is the oldest village in New York incorporated in 1827. The village, an Erie Canal community, is in the Town of Pittsford. Pittsford is a suburb of Rochester, NY."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsford_(village),_New_York

Also funny how their urgent care is the University of Rochester https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/urgent-care/

And what exactly does these "upscale bedroom community" and "higher end clientele" comments have to do with anything in regards to the pandemic and whether or not Training Camp will be held? Do you live in Rochester? Or excuse me, one of the many towns and villages that comprise it?

Because I do. Actually, I live in Irondequoit. But you know what it says on my mail? Rochester, NY. No one around here says Irondequoit, Greece, Pittsford, Gates, Fairport, etc are not Rochester. Rochester is not just some 10 mile stretch downtown.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

5 minutes ago, AmishRifle said:

So, does anyone know if the Bills will even attempt to go to SJF this year?  From everything I’m reading in this thread, it seems like no one really knows for sure....

No. I did hear a little bit of one bills live today and Chris brown seemed to be pumping it up ...

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

No. I did hear a little bit of one bills live today and Chris brown seemed to be pumping it up ...

Thanks Yolo!  Also, I want you to know that I personally appreciate everything you do for this board.  Thank you!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

"The Village of Pittsford is the oldest village in New York incorporated in 1827. The village, an Erie Canal community, is in the Town of Pittsford. Pittsford is a suburb of Rochester, NY."

Also funny how their urgent care is the University of Rochester https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/urgent-care/

And what exactly does these "upscale bedroom community" and "higher end clientele" comments have to do with anything in regards to the pandemic and whether or not Training Camp will be held? Do you live in Rochester? Or excuse me, one of the many towns and villages that comprise it?

Because I do. Actually, I live in Irondequoit. But you know what it says on my mail? Rochester, NY. No one around here says Irondequoit, Greece, Pittsford, Gates, Fairport, etc are not Rochester. Rochester is not just some 10 mile stretch downtown.

Lighten up Francis. 

While I empathize with the Rochester area fans about SJF that era of Buffalo Bills football seems to be at an end.

The positive is they got a state-of-the-art facility to train and recover in so that seems best for the success of the team.

Also, as much as I enjoy hearing about camp news if they want a more private practice situation it's fine with me.

Winning playoff games is the goal not summer practice in front of fans.

IMO.

18 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Word.

I was born and raised in Penfield. But when asked where I'm from, I will always say "Rochester." That's what anyone from one of those towns would say. Now, I live in Los Angeles. But, in fact, I live in Kagel Canyon. Saying Pittsford isn't part of Rochester is kind of like saying Inglewood (location of SoFi Stadium) isn't part of Los Angeles.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, AmishRifle said:

Thanks Yolo!  Also, I want you to know that I personally appreciate everything you do for this board.  Thank you!

If you’re sucking up to Yolo, the line ends about 6 blocks south, then turn right for another 3 blocks.

(it WAS a lot longer, but the WNY weather sucks!)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I went to training camp a few years back with my dad, the first year Robert Foster was on the roster.  Foster was signing autographs and my dad shook his hand & said "son, your going to be a superstar in this league."   Foster looked at him like he had two heads & said "you really think so?"  Kind of a funny moment.  

Training Camp is a unique experience, but like a lot of things in today's world it takes a back seat to technology and convenience.  Unfortunately.  

2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Word.

I was born and raised in Penfield. But when asked where I'm from, I will always say "Rochester." That's what anyone from one of those towns would say. Now, I live in Los Angeles. But, in fact, I live in Kagel Canyon. Saying Pittsford isn't part of Rochester is kind of like saying Inglewood (location of SoFi Stadium) isn't part of Los Angeles.

Yup.  It's silly to say "I'm from Penfield/Pittsford" etc.  Because the next question is "where's that" and the answer is "it's a suburb or Rochester."

44 minutes ago, Gordio said:

I went to training camp a few years back with my dad, the first year Robert Foster was on the roster.  Foster was signing autographs and my dad shook his hand & said "son, your going to be a superstar in this league."   Foster looked at him like he had two heads & said "you really think so?"  Kind of a funny moment.  

Training Camp is a unique experience, but like a lot of things in today's world it takes a back seat to technology and convenience.  Unfortunately.  

Thank your dad for jinxing him!

• Haha (+1) 1

As an out-of-stater, training camp locale doesn't affect me, one way or the other. I would love to root for you locals to get as much access as you can stand. But I can't.

I'm rooting for whatever gives the Bills the best chance to win it all this year. And I trust McBeane to make the right choice.

Our championship window starts slipping downward next year, when Josh and Tremaine will cost a combined $35mil (which will be a bargain compared to the following years). Public relations cannot be a priority this year.

While SJF is a nice campus and they do a great job of hosting camp, I don't think the whole going away to bond and practice for three weeks really has any benefit anymore. We saw that last year with the rona forcing camps to be at stadiums. That makes it easier on the players, especially ones with families. They can go home at the end of the day instead of back to a dorm. 

I really hope we don't do this giant rush to "get back to normal." Clearly we found ways to make stuff work with the world shut down. Found some more efficient ways to do things that should be introduced into a new kind of normal. 

On 5/8/2021 at 12:24 PM, Mr. WEO said:

It's great at SJF.  Although the overall quality took a dive after Wegmans bailed out.  I wonder how that happened?  

Word I heard was that Danny became very close with Doug Flutie and his family (remember Flutie's Favorite Subs?).  Danny then became disenchanted with Ralph in 2000, when Flutie was benched for the Tenny playoff game and pretty much the 2000 season.  Danny vowed to have little or nothing to do with the team after that point.  Again, this is all hearsay, but it is odd that Wegmans has little to do with the one entity that puts, and keeps, Buffalo on the map.  

24 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

While SJF is a nice campus and they do a great job of hosting camp, I don't think the whole going away to bond and practice for three weeks really has any benefit anymore. We saw that last year with the rona forcing camps to be at stadiums. That makes it easier on the players, especially ones with families. They can go home at the end of the day instead of back to a dorm. 

I really hope we don't do this giant rush to "get back to normal." Clearly we found ways to make stuff work with the world shut down. Found some more efficient ways to do things that should be introduced into a new kind of normal. 

I will say this again for everyone. The NFL does very little anymore that allows access to players and teams without paying for it. Training Camps are literally the last bastion for that experience and for families with kids to get exposure they otherwise won't to plays. This goes beyond the Bills and in general many people become fans of certain teams or even just football in general because of the ability to interact in such a close loose setting.

Similar to the way preseason games are a low cost opportunity for young fans, removing these things will keep isolating the NFL more and more where people who have money are the only ones that get an opportunity to see their team up close and it will have harm to their long term fanbase.

• Like (+1) 3