1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

It allows them to have an extra PS for someone else.  Nothing is wasted except a few bucks to pay Wade.

The 12th player on the PS never sees the field and could be signed off the street.  It's not a reason to keep Wade on the IPP.

17 minutes ago, BubbaT said:

Improve the interior of the offensive line so the running backs don't meet the D tackles 1 yard from where they get the ball and the run game might look a lot better

It starts there.

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

The 12th player on the PS never sees the field and could be signed off the street.  It's not a reason to keep Wade on the IPP.

Too late.  They can always change their mind and waive him and resign him to the PS.

Edited by Mr. WEO

3 hours ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Idk if anyone follows Antonio Williams IG but that kid is working hard. Would love for the coaching staff to utilize him this year. Between him and moss I like our backfield. I know singletary states that he all of a sudden developed a burst in the off-season but I’m not gonna hold my breath. No defense is afraid of that guy. He has an average skill set. Pretty comfortable with our backfield right now. Does anyone know if moss will be ready for camp? Go Bills 

So you are saying that teams are afraid of Antonio Williams and Zach Moss?  

C'mon.

The running game will be good if the blocking is good.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Too late.  They can always change their mind and waive him and resign him to the PS.

I missed the news about him being designated again.  Another wasted year.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

I bet they waive him

It's possible.  Although I don't know why they'd bother designating him.  It's not like teams would be lining up to sign him.

3 hours ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Idk if anyone follows Antonio Williams IG but that kid is working hard. Would love for the coaching staff to utilize him this year. Between him and moss I like our backfield. I know singletary states that he all of a sudden developed a burst in the off-season but I’m not gonna hold my breath. No defense is afraid of that guy. He has an average skill set. Pretty comfortable with our backfield right now. Does anyone know if moss will be ready for camp? Go Bills 

Agreed that no defense is afraid of Singletary. But realistically, there are maybe seven or eight RBs league-wide that actually cause fear. Is it ten, maybe? I don't know, possibly, but not more.

Singletary at his best is a very good back, though not a home run threat. Even last year he was pretty solid. Moss was even better than that by the end of the year. Antonio Williams we don't really know who he is. He sure doesn't cause fear either.

I agree that I'm pretty comfortable this year with Breida making it an interesting foursome. I absolutely expect Singletary to be better. But how much better is extremely hard to say.

Edited by Thurman#1

56 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Consider that both our RBs had mediocre output last season due primarily to run block scheming being so poorly conceived, that none of our backs were feared by our opponents. Don’t get me wrong, We have quality RBs in Singletary and Moss, our OC did not prioritize the run game to the point that it was an afterthought this past season.  Our RB by committee will be better thought of by our fans and opponents this upcoming season. 

And that's what I've been saying.  It feels like this year will be the evolution of our running game and pass rush now that we've spent the last couple years building up the O-line and passing game.  If the steps taken this year mirror the ones taken in the last couple, there's no reason we can't be a legitimate Super Bowl threat.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

I wish Beane would finally listen to me and cut Taiwan Jones and keep Antonio Williams. Make him active on game days too. He might not be the gunner Taiwan is on punt coverage. I’d like to see how he does though. He was NC’s MVP on ST his Senior year. But it would be nice to have all our active RB’s be able to run the ball on game days. Makes too much sense to me

I'll never understand why teams don't cross train more players for ST. This would free up more skilled positioned players to be active. Williams is more than capable of competing for ST. There's nothing that screams decent RB with Taiwan. Williams did impress in his one late season game. Don't let ST handcuff the rest of your team. And finally the OL has to be better. They were just as responsible for our mediocre run attack as anyone. Block better big uglies. My top 4 rbs would be:

1. Breida 

2. Moss

3. Williams 

4. Singletary 

Edited by LABILLBACKER

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'll never understand why teams don't cross train more players for ST. This would free up more skilled positioned players to be active. Williams is more than capable of competing for ST. There's nothing that screams decent RB with Taiwan. Williams did impress in his one late season game. Don't let ST handcuff the rest of your team. And finally the OL has to be better. They were just as responsible for our mediocre run attack as anyone. Block better big uglies. My top 4 rbs would be:

1. Breida 

2. Moss

3. Williams 

4. Singletary 

I agree with all of this, as long as ST doesn't suffer as a result. Field position was a consistent asset last season.

As to the O-line, I do agree they need to open gaps, and keep them open for longer. But, I also think there was a real issue with timing, as well, and that was a question of scheme. I saw a lot of plays where the RB just hit the gap a step, or two too late, and it was just the timing of the play. That's on the coaching staff. 

27 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's possible.  Although I don't know why they'd bother designating him.  It's not like teams would be lining up to sign him.

maybe he’s truly just a practice dummy who doesn’t cost them a PS spot

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I have no idea what happened to him as well.  He had 12 rushes for 86 yards (7.2 YPC) against the Cheaters in the 3rd-to-last game of the season, a win, and then was relegated to just STs in their final 2 games. 

I remember that game. What was odd about it is he still was the Phins 2nd leading rusher on the day (Ahmed went for 120) and the Patties couldn't stop the run. But if he can play ST, perhaps he has a shot at being active on game day and carving out a role. 

4 hours ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

I will def. give him a follow.  Christian Wade has also gotten hooked up with some pretty elite RB training and is working hard.

I know Moss has posted pics of him working out at Adpro recently so perhaps he's there for an evaluation.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

i would love to see Antonio Williams be a legit option for us. Given that he is undrafted though, he is really going to have to shine. Hopefully he is working on all aspects of his game— ST, receiving, blocking. It would be great if he could displace a guy like Taiwan, who only brings ST to the table. 

3 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I am expecting absolutely nothing out of Breida this year. He will be the guy every freaks out over bring a weekly inactive every week if Moss/Singletary/Jones are healthy. He's fast...sure. But that speed didn't help him make much impact in a Dolphin backfield last year that was basically bare. 

Breida played well in the Shannahan offense which is built to make RBs shine. But I just don't see him having many opportunities if the young guys are healthy. He's in the Yeldon role. 

Ah yes, the Mystery of the Missing Breida. 

Dolphins were 16th in the league for attempts, but 22nd for yards.  3.9 ypa.  So in general their rushing attack was AWOL.

I don't quite know what to make of it, except that was better than their #32 ranked rushing attack the previous year.   Maybe their run blocking sucked worse than ours and they needed a bruiser back who could make his own holes?

I think they signed him to have a speed option to the edge, which neither Singletary nor Moss can manage, the question is how much of his problems last year were with the scheme/coach/blocking and how much were his?

We'll see.

I wish the Bills would move on from this business of having many roster spots given to guys who are listed as "RB" or "WR" or "DE" or "LB" but are really 100% ST'ers, like Taiwan Jones and Andre Roberts.  It is hindering us offensively and defensively.  Sometimes I think Heath Farwell has naughty pictures of McD and Beane.

Singletary looked outright dangerous his rookie year and there was a pronounced dropoff. Maybe it was a matter of conditioning or injury. Because of his rookie year I’m holding out hope that he will be significantly better in year 3 than in year 2. 

59 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

maybe he’s truly just a practice dummy who doesn’t cost them a PS spot

Yeah but he costs them money.

44 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I remember that game. What was odd about it is he still was the Phins 2nd leading rusher on the day (Ahmed went for 120) and the Patties couldn't stop the run. But if he can play ST, perhaps he has a shot at being active on game day and carving out a role. 

Yeah, Ahmed had 122 yards but on 23 carries, for a 5.3 YPC average.  And they rushed him just 6 times in each of the final 2 games.

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

I agree with all of this, as long as ST doesn't suffer as a result. Field position was a consistent asset last season.

As to the O-line, I do agree they need to open gaps, and keep them open for longer. But, I also think there was a real issue with timing, as well, and that was a question of scheme. I saw a lot of plays where the RB just hit the gap a step, or two too late, and it was just the timing of the play. That's on the coaching staff. 

I agree no one wants ST to suffer. Taiwan Jones had 5 tackles last year. Kumarow or Antonio Williams can get 5 ST tackles this year. We all assume Taiwan Jones is this great ST player. Come on man he’s not Steve Tasker. And Tasker could go in on offense and make plays when needed. 

• Thank you (+1) 1