What are Texans trying to do with QBs?

What are they doing?

Hoping like hell something works out right for them, for a change...,

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

What are they doing?

Hoping like hell something works out right for them, for a change...,

Yup.  They’re just throwing whatever they can at the problem.  It isn’t much, but it’s what they can do at the moment. 

• Like (+1) 1

Not sure what the new Texans GM was supposed to with the QB spot-

-inherited a pissed off QB demanding trade (Watson)

-QB in all kinds of trouble getting a message from 7,000 women (Watson)

He could not anticipate either of these things

To top it off, Texans had no 1st OR 2nd round pick.  That's bad

So they got a decent free agent place holder (Tyrod) and drafted a rookie they hope can play and/or develop

Guy is doing the best he can with the hand he was dealt

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Watson is now disgruntled 

Technically he had to regruntle after the 20th molested massage therapist stepped forward

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

I heard he was in the middle of a massage when they tried to contact him.

At which point he told the massage therapist: “hold my...”

8 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Everyone is picking Houston as the worst team & the favorite for the #1 pick, but as we've seen here, Tyrod is just good enough to win enough games to keep them from getting the #1 pick.  When Tyrod was here I used to call him a "Wheel Spinner" because he wasn't good enough to get you anywhere in the playoffs, but could keep you from being bad enough to get a top draft choice.  

I think Tyrod’s gone downhill since then.  He’s entirely capable of leading Houston to a 1-16 record.  That organization is absolutely awful.  David Cully?? Are you f-ing kidding me?

On 5/7/2021 at 10:42 PM, Limeaid said:

Houston Texans sign Tyrod Taylor as backup on March 22 playing for his "ex QB coach" David Culley.

• Current Contract

Tyrod Taylor signed a 1 year, $5,500,000 contract with the Houston Texans, including a $2,500,000 signing bonus, $2,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $5,500,000. In 2021, Taylor will earn a base salary of $2,500,000, a signing bonus of $2,500,000 and a roster bonus of $323,529, while carrying a cap hit of $5,323,529 and a dead cap value of $2,500,000.

They also have Ryan Finley who is a 3 year QB who they traded for this year from Bengals on March 23, 2021.

Texans then sign Stanford's Davis Mills as 3rd pick and player who started for 2 years at Stanford.

If Watson is put on Commissioner's list (likely) the Texans have to pay salary for most of those players.

Texans could be hoping that someone will trade for him before he is put on Commissioner's list.

Are Texans as badly managed as when B👁️B was in charge?

What exactly is wrong with any of these moves OP? They all look legitimate to me. If Watson's legal troubles never arise they probably never draft Mills or any QB in this years draft and go into the season with Watson, Tyrod and Finley. That's perfectly normal. But at this point who knows what Watson's status is for this season. But it is leaning towards him not playing.

IMO these are the moves you make when you are interested in selling the team, and making it look as financially healthy as possible on the balance sheet. 

You jettison as many long term contracts as you can. Trading Watson, which I feel will happen before the new season, is part of that strategy. 

Janice McNair is 85 years old. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Everyone is picking Houston as the worst team & the favorite for the #1 pick, but as we've seen here, Tyrod is just good enough to win enough games to keep them from getting the #1 pick.  When Tyrod was here I used to call him a "Wheel Spinner" because he wasn't good enough to get you anywhere in the playoffs, but could keep you from being bad enough to get a top draft choice.  

I wish Tyrod the best but he has greatly regressed from his first two seasons in Buffalo. His final season here was bad and he's been even worst than that final season with us since then. Hopefully he can find his groove again but at this point in his career it seems unlikely. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/8/2021 at 8:54 AM, Albany,n.y. said:

Tyrod helped end the drought.   Not a franchise quarterback for sure, be he has earned my respect.

Edited by longtimebillsfan

They are trying to make sure they have a possible Quarterback of the future. Deshaun Watson is not playing another down in Houston. My personal view is that was the case even before his legal issues arose but that only further solidified that he is done as a Texan. You can't convince anyone you are going anywhere with Tyrod so they took a shot on a guy who might be the answer. If they are bad, as we all expect, Tyrod will be benched by mid season and if Mills plays and is good then they finally have a normal lot of draft capital in 2022 to build around him. If he plays and is awful they are likely drafting in the top 3 next year and can take a Quarterback there. 

I know everyone reacted shocked to the Mills pick but I thought it was smart. What I liked less was them then giving up future draft picks in 2022 to trade back into the 3rd for Nico Collins. Nothing against Collins as a player, but it didn't make much sense from a strategic viewpoint. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, dpberr said:

IMO these are the moves you make when you are interested in selling the team, and making it look as financially healthy as possible on the balance sheet. 

You jettison as many long term contracts as you can. Trading Watson, which I feel will happen before the new season, is part of that strategy. 

That is an interesting theory and not one I'd remotely considered 

21 hours ago, dpberr said:

The above makes a ton of sense.

At 85 (with billions in your pocket mind you) who would need the drama?