How Cheap Are You?

Chef Jim

44 minutes ago, Simon said:

I toss them out onto a sidewalk near a store entrance for kids to find.

At my old employ we used to superglue a random bunch of quarters and dimes to the floor... helped to break up the day, it was a ***** work environment.

18 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm told that several blind taste tests that had oenophiles testing cheap vs. expensive wines, had them giving some of the best ratings to the cheaper stuff.

I myself would like the opportunity to personally investigate my abilities in that regard, but I'm too cheap.

https://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2019/07/can-professional-wine-connoisseurs-really-not-tell-the-difference-between-expensive-wines-and-cheap-wines/

When I used to drink wine was a difficult thing for me.  I loved good wine but my frugality fought against the urge to buy that bottle of 1961 Lynch Bages Bordeaux.  Or even a 2018 Lynch Bages for that matter.  I found a great wine shop when I lived in SF, K&L Wines.  I would almost always walk out of there with 10-12 bottles of their Staff Picks for Under $10.  I was rarely disappointed.  12 bottles for less than the price of one of any vintage of Lynch Bages.  

My splurge was usually around the Holidays on some great Champagne.  Like this. 

https://www.totalwine.com/wine/champagne-sparkling-wine/champagne/brut/krug-vintage/p/5677750?glia=true&s=1104&&pid=cpc:Core+Catalog+-+Shopping%2BUS%2BCALI%2BENG%2BSPART::google::&gclid=CjwKCAjwkN6EBhBNEiwADVfya11DySYpnVUx5q9UShtZYiqsMV6E8rueA6iH3KjIMKDBZ2KEFmmkfBoCmtAQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/7/2021 at 3:24 PM, Chef Jim said:

I'll start.  About a month or so ago I started working from home on Fridays.  I break out my laptop this morning and my mouse doesn't work.  The batteries died and I was pissed I had to use my batteries vs the ones at the office.  :rolleyes:

I'm so cheap I charge for advice.  Need any?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Everyone does this so that gas doesn't drip on their feet or their car.  

I've seen people leave the nozzle in the car, then use both hands to grab the hose and lift it as high as they can, so any residual gas in the hose trickles down to the nozzle.  

They're always gassing up Toyota Siennas, for some reason.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I've seen people leave the nozzle in the car, then use both hands to grab the hose and lift it as high as they can, so any residual gas in the hose trickles down to the nozzle.  

They're always gassing up Toyota Siennas, for some reason.

This is what I thought everyone was already talking about doing.

Although, I'm almost positive there is a valve in the handle/nozzle that prevents any gas from actually coming out when doing this.

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I eat double cheeseburgers from McDonald's a lot because it's 2 for $3.  If it ever goes to $4.00....I'm going to Wendy's for their dollar menu.

I stopped eating at Wendy's when they took small frostie off dollar menu.  Dave would have been ashamed.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I haven't had a Frostie in forever.  I always liked vanilla.

I had a friend and coworker move in with me because his building was making him sick, filled with mold.

Sometimes at night we would see each other and get a look "Frostie" and would drive out to get one.

He has moved to WV where he could afford to get his own house and that Wendy's has closed down.

I am white and I would get chocolate and he is black and would get vanilla.

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I eat double cheeseburgers from McDonald's a lot because it's 2 for $3.  If it ever goes to $4.00....I'm going to Wendy's for their dollar menu.

They are not 2 for $3.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.