Biden creates an economic crisis--Unemployment, Inflation, risk of STAGLFATION increasing

Holiday sales fall short of expectations, set stage for tougher 2023 for retailers

CNBC, by Melissa Repko

Holiday sales came in below industry expectations, as shoppers felt pinched by inflation and rising interest rates, according to data from the National Retail Federation. Sales during November and December grew 5.3% year over year to $936.3 billion, below the major trade group’s prediction for growth of between 6% and 8% over the year prior.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/18/holiday-2022-sales-fall-short-of-expectations.html

Sales numbers are artificially inflated due to Biden's price increases. In reality, retailers lost ground.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, B-Man said:

This really demonstrates what is wrong about this administration.

ITs crazy. that's literally the job of the house.  at least 12 separate appropriation bills, debated on.  In Public. 

Not this Omni bill BS that's been the norm since 99.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Another Wave of Joe Biden J-O-B-S Losses

BY VICTORIA TAFT

Let me tell you about a little something important, Fat. It happens to be the “number one job facing the middle class and it happens to be a three-letter word: Jobs!   J–O–B–S!  Jobs!”   So declared then-Vice President Joe Biden on behalf of his boss, Barack Obama, back in 2008, the last time the economy was shredded.

Here we are all these years later and Joe Biden, millions of dollars richer, is presiding over another disastrous economy made worse by his government overspending. He must think we all have sons funneling us cash from money laundering operations with Ukraine and China or something.

But no Negative Nellies are allowed here. The president says the economy’s just great, and how dare you say anything any different, Jack, unless you want to do a pushup contest right here and now to settle it.

This week, the Big Guy was broken out of the White House and rushed off to a curated collection of union members to tout what a great economy he has built back better. He put his foot down and whispered; he growled about how he had “no intention of letting the Republicans wreck the economy” that he and the Democrats have done such a top-notch job of destroying.  (Jeez, I should have put this in the Biden Dementia Thread)

But sadly for his Happy Days Are Here Again narrative, these past few days brought another round of Big Tech and media sector layoffs. This is beginning to be a weekly occurrence as Silicon Valley’s ones and zeros are marched past the La Cimbali latte machine and the chef’s menu board, down the slide, and into the unemployment lines.

Will anyone tell Joe?

MORE at the link: https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/victoria-taft/2023/01/27/another-wave-of-joe-biden-j-o-b-s-losses-n1665451

Edited by B-Man

Does someone close to Sleepy Joe Biden wanna tell him Americans can barely afford eggs right now?

And that very few of us are going to get excited about a $7500 tax credit on an electric vehicle we can’t afford in the first place.

Not to mention the last thing Americans care about right now is ‘electrifying our road trips.’

Talk about an out-of-touch moronic tweet with horrible optics.

That car he's in. . . . . . . . . . . .it aint cheap.

Fnvp6E1aUAANBZv?format=jpg&name=small

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Does someone close to Sleepy Joe Biden wanna tell him Americans can barely afford eggs right now?

And that very few of us are going to get excited about a $7500 tax credit on an electric vehicle we can’t afford in the first place.

Not to mention the last thing Americans care about right now is ‘electrifying our road trips.’

Talk about an out-of-touch moronic tweet with horrible optics.

That car he's in. . . . . . . . . . . .it aint cheap.

Fnvp6E1aUAANBZv?format=jpg&name=small

Mine was way way cheaper than that and is a freaking blast to drive! 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

They need to fix the issues with how they perform in the Cold. 

The batteries hate the cold.

Not really a problem, so far, in Southern California but I’ve heard that as well. They also say extreme heat isn’t good either but I see electric vehicles driving around when we visit the desert. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Not really a problem, so far, in Southern California but I’ve heard that as well. They also say extreme heat isn’t good either but I see electric vehicles driving around when we visit the desert. 

my neighbor had to get his garage heated so the battery level would get over 70% when charging. they also get a lot less distance when its very cold.  

I am sure it drives fine. just not at the distances marketed.  And he loves driving it. its one of those ford Mach whatever's.

1 minute ago, Chris farley said:

my neighbor had to get his garage heated so the battery level would get over 70% when charging. they also get a lot less distance when its very cold.  

I am sure it drives fine. just not at the distances marketed.  And he loves driving it. its one of those ford Mach whatever's.

Mine (BMWi4) has been wonderful and easily gets the range as advertised, and then some. They recommend you charge it to 80% unless you’re going on a long trip. Apparently that extends the battery life. It takes a few weeks to get over range anxiety but I don’t really think about it anymore and we drive much longer distances out here.

• Like (+1) 1

IF EVERY INSTITUTION HAS BEEN CORRUPTED, CAN WE TRUST THE BLS?

US lost 287,000 jobs while government was reporting +1 million in gains

January 30, 2023 By Simone Del Rosario (Business Correspondent)

The labor market may have been much weaker than the government let on in 2022.

While the Bureau of Labor Statistics initially reported the U.S. economy added 1.2 million jobs last spring, a new report shows the private sector had a net loss of 287,000 jobs during the same time period, a difference of nearly 1.5 million.

The latest data comes from the Business Employment Dynamics report by the BLS released last week, looking at private sector job gains and losses from March to June 2022.

Last year, the same agency said in monthly Current Employment Statistics reports that in April, May and June, the U.S. nonfarm economy had gained a collective 1.19 million jobs. That was later revised down to 1,047,000.

While the two data sets are not an apples-to-apples comparison, the total discrepancy in second-quarter data is rather large, especially coming from the same agency.

“Although the BED and CES have scope and methodological differences, series from the two sources tend to show the same general trends over the long term,” BLS told Straight Arrow News in an email response, adding that both are subject to revisions.

This is the second major report to come out showing significant job growth discrepancies in the second quarter. Last month, the Philadelphia Federal Reserve Bank released a report saying it thought the government overestimated job growth by more than one million. The Philadelphia Fed calculated 10,500 net new jobs added versus the 1,047,000 revised estimate by the BLS.

https://straightarrownews.com/cc/us-lost-287000-jobs-while-government-was-reporting-1-million-in-gains/

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Chris farley said:

My Tesla pre-heats the battery.

• Like (+1) 1

Just wait till y’all do your taxes.   

It’s coming.  They know it.  

They never just stop giving away “free” money.  

The stuff I’m hearing from people that benefitted from the Covid Money that has led to their eggs costing $16 a carton…..yea that’s why your taxes went from a $4000 return to owing $2000 despite no changes in your income.   

• Like (+1) 1

on our 2018 and 2019 returns we got about $900 back from federal… we’ll see in about a month or so how we’re going to fare.

11 hours ago, B-Man said:

IF EVERY INSTITUTION HAS BEEN CORRUPTED, CAN WE TRUST THE BLS?

US lost 287,000 jobs while government was reporting +1 million in gains

January 30, 2023 By Simone Del Rosario (Business Correspondent)

The labor market may have been much weaker than the government let on in 2022.

While the Bureau of Labor Statistics initially reported the U.S. economy added 1.2 million jobs last spring, a new report shows the private sector had a net loss of 287,000 jobs during the same time period, a difference of nearly 1.5 million.

The latest data comes from the Business Employment Dynamics report by the BLS released last week, looking at private sector job gains and losses from March to June 2022.

Whoopsies!

• Like (+1) 1