Biden creates an economic crisis--Unemployment, Inflation, risk of STAGLFATION increasing

5 minutes ago, ALF said:

So how much more do you want us to be paying so these businesses are not charities ?

you heard Pete, if you don’t like it buy a Tesla. 

if you don’t want Exxon to profit don’t buy their product. 

16 minutes ago, ALF said:

How much more would you like us to be paying for gas to give the energy companies a better profit margin then now ?

Correct, state and federal tax component of gas price per gallonexceeds the net margin to the oil companies. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

On 7/29/2022 at 1:42 PM, Gene Frenkle said:

I have literally never seen you take the "liberal" side of any issue.

Still taking HCQ with or without zinc?

And you haven’t been paying attention. I said that abortion should be allowed until 20 weeks. I’ve also said that we need to do something about assault weapons. I have no problem with people of color (since I am one) or homosexuals.

as for your last statement, that isn’t a partisan issue. At least it shouldn’t have been.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Amazing how the current occupant of the White House determines the current definition of long accepted terms.

if Trump currently occupied the WH not only would we be in a recession right now, it would be the worst one in US history.

Nah, you guys haven't been had at all. :lol:

Edited by DRsGhost
  • Like (+1) 3

GREAT MOMENTS IN TIMING: 

Biden Pushes Massive Tax Hike on Workers as Recession Begins.

The best way to revive an economy as you head into a recession is to slap businesses and workers with a massive tax hike. Said no legitimate economist ever.

Yet that’s apparently the best plan President Joe Biden and Democrats in Congress can come up with. Their new so-called “Inflation Reduction Act,” which would do almost nothing to reduce inflation, also includes a $315 billion tax on businesses. This comes in the form of a 15% “minimum corporate tax” applied to major U.S. corporations.

https://www.based-politics.com/2022/07/31/inflation-reduction-act-massive-tax-hike-on-workers/

18 hours ago, DRsGhost said:

Amazing how the current occupant of the White House determines the current definition of long accepted terms.

if Trump currently occupied the WH not only would we be in a recession right now, it would be the worst one in US history.

Nah, you guys haven't been had at all. :lol:

I stopped listening when he said "real experts."  Saying something like that is a sure sign you're talking to an elitist, and elitist pukes like this guy have no insight into real life.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

This just shows how unscientific and out of touch these hacks are. 400k was their definition of rich before successive quarters of massive inflation. At this rate it that’ll be minimum wage for a working couple in 7 years. 

Its very scientific. Unfortunately, its "political" science.  

23 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Gas prices just keep falling. Pretty soon the entire increase will be the result of Putin's murderous war against a free people 

I guess I can start taking my lifted dodge ram 3500 to Wegmans and target again

• Thank you (+1) 1

When Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) went on NBC’s “Meet the Press” yesterday he said that the $700 billion climate change, energy, and health care proposal he announced last week with Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer would not raise taxes. “We should not increase taxes, and we did not increase taxes,” he told NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

But a new study by the U.S. Congress’s nonpartisan Joint Committee on Taxation has found that not only would the legislation increase taxes, it would increase taxes by $11 billion more on Americans earning below $200,000 per year than on Americans earning between $500,000 and $1 million, in 2023.

And the legislation would increase taxes by $3 billion more on Americans earning below $200,000 per year than on Americans earning between $200,000 and $500,000 per year

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/senate-dem-proposal-would-hike-taxes-lower-incomes

Manchin also pushed back on the idea that his bill will raise taxes on the middle class in separate comments. 

"There's not one penny of change in taxes, I have no idea where they're coming down," Manchin said. "The only thing that was done… if you are a company of a billion dollars or more… you should pay at least a minimum of 15%."

Manchin further said that, "I can't believe that they would say" the bill would affect average Americans' taxes. 

"It's not going to affect… not at all," he said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/manchin-disputes-data-showing-social-spending-bill-raise-taxes-middle-class-during-recession

First on CNN: Top economists say Democrats' health care and climate package will put 'downward pressure on inflation

"This historic legislation makes crucial investments in energy, health care, and in shoring up the nation's tax system. These investments will fight inflation and lower costs for American families while setting the stage for strong, stable, and broadly-shared long-term economic growth," 126 economists said in a letter sent to congressional leadership Tuesday, which was first obtained by CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/02/politics/economists-democrats-package-downward-pressure-inflation/index.html

And we rest our case 🙂

5 minutes ago, ALF said:

First on CNN: Top economists say Democrats' health care and climate package will put 'downward pressure on inflation

"This historic legislation makes crucial investments in energy, health care, and in shoring up the nation's tax system. These investments will fight inflation and lower costs for American families while setting the stage for strong, stable, and broadly-shared long-term economic growth," 126 economists said in a letter sent to congressional leadership Tuesday, which was first obtained by CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/02/politics/economists-democrats-package-downward-pressure-inflation/index.html

And we rest our case 🙂

When is this gonna kick in? In like 15 years when I finally work hard enough and convince my boss for a $1 an hour raise and I'm 68? 

1 hour ago, ALF said:

And we rest our case 🙂

Sweet! Yet another issue….. solved. Let’s see what’s next on the spin agenda for today. 

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Sweet! Yet another issue….. solved. Let’s see what’s next on the spin agenda for today. 

It must be true.  As 126 economists dependent on government funds and grants to earn a living conclude that more useless government spending is the best way to subdue inflation.  Next trick.  Pay the dancing monkeys to say the sky is green.  And presto, they will! 

• Like (+1) 1