Biden creates an economic crisis--Unemployment, Inflation, risk of STAGLFATION increasing

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

How did Biden create inflation? 

Create?  No.

Reduce?  We'll see.

Leaders do.  Followers point fingers.  

And I'll leave you with this.  Everything that happened under Trump was in some way tied to him.  Why should things change now?

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Create?  No.

Reduce?  We'll see.

Leaders do.  Followers point fingers.  

And I'll leave you with this.  Everything that happened under Trump was in some way tied to him.  Why should things change now?

What should Biden do about this? 

54 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What should Biden do about this? 

Reminds me of one of my favorite albums from many years ago. 

F75C48E8-BD06-4F76-AE84-6F701AB7C002.thumb.jpeg.90936d80f940c256d51ac00e8eada278.jpeg

But seriously there are plenty of things he can do.  If you think he’s powerless to reign in inflation you’re a tool. 

1.  Roll up his sleeves and work on this supply chain issue. 
2.  Raise interest rates. This will also reduce home prices and potentially make homes more affordable. 

3.  Increase bank reserve requirements. 
4.  Price and wage controls. I’m not too keen on this but if it’s temporary it will help. 
5.  Tap into our oil reserve and recommend other nations do to

6.  Stop spending/printing money.

Carry on hand wringing boy.  

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Reminds me of one of my favorite albums from many years ago. 

F75C48E8-BD06-4F76-AE84-6F701AB7C002.thumb.jpeg.90936d80f940c256d51ac00e8eada278.jpeg

But seriously there are plenty of things he can do.  If you think he’s powerless to reign in inflation you’re a tool. 

1.  Roll up his sleeves and work on this supply chain issue. 
2.  Raise interest rates. This will also reduce home prices and potentially make homes more affordable. 

3.  Increase bank reserve requirements. 
4.  Price and wage controls. I’m not too keen on this but if it’s temporary it will help. 
5.  Tap into our oil reserve and recommend other nations do to

6.  Stop spending/printing money.

Carry on hand wringing boy.  

So screw up everything else instead of allowing supply chains to recover. Stupid as usual. 

You know I think you are very unintelligent, right? 

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So screw up everything else instead of allowing supply chains to recover. Stupid as usual. 

You know I think you are very unintelligent, right? 

Screw up everything else?  What does this mean in response to my ideas?  

Allowing the supply chain to recover?  How about helping it recover. 

You think I’m unintelligent?  Oh no!  You’ve crushed my will to live!  🙄

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

You asked what could Biden do regarding inflation.  I gave you several ideas that work.  Nothing is perfect but someone with your massive brain power knows this. 🙄

Ideas you say work. You are just full of it. Sure, make the cost of borrowing money higher if you are a small business, great idea! 

How will higher interest rates affect the housing market? Won't that create more homelessness? 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ideas you say work. You are just full of it. Sure, make the cost of borrowing money higher if you are a small business, great idea! 

How will higher interest rates affect the housing market? Won't that create more homelessness? 

You have no clue regarding the correlation between money supply and inflation so you? 

You want to see housing prices drop?  Raise interest rates. Now it may be six of one half dozen of the other seeing borrowing becomes more expensive but I willing to bet in the end the drop in home prices will outweigh the cost of borrowing 

17 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You have no clue regarding the correlation between money supply and inflation so you? 

You want to see housing prices drop?  Raise interest rates. Now it may be six of one half dozen of the other seeing borrowing becomes more expensive but I willing to bet in the end the drop in home prices will outweigh the cost of borrowing 

What I said is the truth. Raising interest rates has negative consequences. Sure, prices may drop because you will have accomplished a drop in demand. Fewer people will be able to get a house. Congrats! 

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What I said is the truth. Raising interest rates has negative consequences. Sure, prices may drop because you will have accomplished a drop in demand. Fewer people will be able to get a house. Congrats! 

But what are the potential positive effects on inflation by raising interest rates?  This is what we’re talking about no?  

Regarding housing. Housing is typically a 12 year cycle. We are 12-13 years into the current cycle. It typically requires a catalyst and rising interest rates may just be that catalyst. I feel very confident that rising interest rates will drop housing prices to the point where homes will be more affordable even with the higher rates. 

And how about the effect of higher interest rates on retirees on a fixed income.  

You call me unintelligent but I’ll kick your ass all day in this *****. 

Carry on clueless boy. 

‘Paying attention yet?’ Jennifer Granholm says quiet parts out loud trying to explain ‘energy transition’

Earlier this month, Biden Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm got a hearty laugh out of a question about her plans to bring down energy prices. Granholm was amused because the answer to that question is “absolutely nothing,” so she laughed instead.

Granholm’s still spinning like a top on the subject of energy prices, but this time at least she didn’t laugh in our faces. However, watching her trying to explain why Americans getting squeezed hard on energy prices is for their own good is a thing to behold:

Wow, she just said it right out loud.

Getting rid of oil and gas even though there’s no replacement that can come close to filling that gap — what could possibly go wrong?

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/11/22/paying-attention-yet-jennifer-granholm-says-quiet-parts-out-loud-trying-to-explain-energy-transition/

• Angry 1

50 million barrels is about 2.5 days worth of supply in the US. The answer is pro US energy policy, which the dullard Biden and his minions won’t do. Joe is the worst US President in history. The smart thing to do would have been to keep the Trump policies, which were very good for America. Democrat policies are good for morons who happen to reside in the US.