Biden creates an economic crisis--Unemployment, Inflation, risk of STAGLFATION increasing

Unfortunately, homes aren’t liquid, especially if you only own one and live in it.

And as far as the stock market is concerned, the average Joe American under a certain age is gonna pay some pretty stiff penalties if they take an early 401(k) or Roth distribution right now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

If my stocks in my IRA go up 15% but I can't touch it for 20 more years how does it help me with the increase of 20% on most things I buy today? 

That’s just tip of the iceberg. The Dems want to tax that paper increase in value….now! Not when you sell it. So you’ll have to pay taxes with whatever savings you may have. Unbelievable!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Demented Biden wants to tax your unrecognized gains.  Nice - so you buy a house.  Fix it up.  The assessment goes up.  You get higher property and school taxes.  Then Botch Biden taxes you on your unrecognized gains.  Meanwhile the local schools and towns are still ramming it up your sphincter.  Dimwit communist liberals.  Tax everyone until working and investment is absolutely pointless.  Pointless!  How do these idiots not see this has failed every time?  Russia, Cuba, Venezuela.  Morons.  401K's are next.  You watch!  

What a Mess.jpg

Edited by Irv

17 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Not those that are owning inflating assets, like houses...are you are aware 

I'm shocked that you aren't troubled by the fact that inflationary policies and pressures hurt the working poor and people on fixed incomes the most.  As the cost of essentials rise and their incomes don't.  And they are under-represented when it comes to home ownership and investment assets.  This is a demographic I expect you would advocate for here.  But rather you highlight on how the most well off are benefiting at their expense.  So are you suggesting the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer is a positive outcome of Biden's administration and his policies?    

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I'm shocked that you aren't troubled by the fact that inflationary policies and pressures hurt the working poor and people on fixed incomes the most.  As the cost of essentials rise and their incomes don't.  And they are under-represented when it comes to home ownership and investment assets.  This is a demographic I expect you would advocate for here.  But rather you highlight on how the most well off are benefiting at their expense.  So are you suggesting the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer is a positive outcome of Biden's administration and his policies?    

Incomes are going up. How have you not noticed that? 

14 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Incomes are going up. How have you not noticed that? 

Prices and costs are rising at higher rates than incomes and any perceived income gains are just "money illusion".  Nominally you make more dollars but in reality each dollar buys less.  Your standard of living is falling.  But its been falling for a long time.  That's what inflation does.  All the government's borrowing and spending is sucking the American citizen dry.  Through monetary policy that steals their incomes thru inflationary currency devaluation and discreetly transfers it to the government.  Its quite a nice racket. 

The government's stat claim inflation is about 5.5% but if you strip out all the substitutions, hedonistic adjustments, and assumptions they apply and compare apples to apples its running above 13%.  Meanwhile, the rich with excess incomes park cash in financial instruments which benefit the most from all of this and the gap between the wealthy and the middle class/working poor gets larger and larger.  If you call yourself a progressive you should be dead set against this arrangement the government has going with the markets and the central bank.  And while I disagree with Liz Warren on almost everything I do agree with her in regards to this topic.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Prices and costs are rising at higher rates than incomes and any perceived income gains are just "money illusion".  Nominally you make more dollars but in reality each dollar buys less.  Your standard of living is falling.  But its been falling for a long time.  That's what inflation does.  All the government's borrowing and spending is sucking the American citizen dry.  Through monetary policy that steals their incomes thru inflationary currency devaluation and discreetly transfers it to the government.  Its quite a nice racket. 

The government's stat claim inflation is about 5.5% but if you strip out all the substitutions, hedonistic adjustments, and assumptions they apply and compare apples to apples its running above 13%.  Meanwhile, the rich with excess incomes park cash in financial instruments which benefit the most from all of this and the gap between the wealthy and the middle class/working poor gets larger and larger.  If you call yourself a progressive you should be dead set against this arrangement the government has going with the markets and the central bank.  And while I disagree with Liz Warren on almost everything I do agree with her in regards to this topic.

Standard of living is fine, consumer confidence sky high, job openings all over the place, no riots, peace and prosperity, sane public policy on pandemic and we are doing fine! :) 

Oh ya, and stock market is booming :) 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Standard of living is fine, consumer confidence sky high, job openings all over the place, no riots, peace and prosperity, sane public policy on pandemic and we are doing fine! :) 

Sounds like paradise.  Meanwhile, the Atlanta Fed has revised its forecast for real US GDP growth for Q3-21 to 0.2%, down from 1.2% 2 weeks ago, down from 6% 2 months ago, and down from 14% in May. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Sounds like paradise.  Meanwhile, the Atlanta Fed has revised its forecast for real US GDP growth for Q3-21 to 0.2%, down from 1.2% 2 weeks ago, down from 6% 2 months ago, and down from 14% in May. 

Oh hurrah!! America didn't do as well as patriotic Americans wanted. You must be so happy 

A-hole 

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Exactly right.  Antifa is dead.  That should be a win in and of itself given all of the handwringing about Antifa about a year ago.