Biden creates an economic crisis--Unemployment, Inflation, risk of STAGLFATION increasing

On 8/13/2021 at 12:16 PM, TSOL said:

Something I bought 6 months ago that cost $550 dollars is now listed for $700 dollars. 

That's inflation 

The supply chain is still a disaster , lack of workers and rising wages to attract scarce workers  all thanks to covid.

On 8/13/2021 at 12:07 PM, Doc said:

The mid-terms will be epic.

And the losing party will blame racism and voter suppression, not necessarily in that order.

On 8/13/2021 at 12:05 PM, RochesterRob said:

Even the most ardent Biden supporter will admit that there will be a spread of malaise on top of the baloney.

This is not entirely on Biden. although the unnecessarily large stimulus package in January didn't help.  It's also on our Federal Reserve, which despite 5%+ inflation is still stimulating the hell out of the economy.  It makes no sense whatsoever.  I don't think there's any grownups left in Washington.

20 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Lack of workers?  Where did they all go?  Covid kill them off?  

Baby boomers retired . The Mexican workers at a local Wal Mart all left for higher paying jobs. 

37 minutes ago, ALF said:

Baby boomers retired . The Mexican workers at a local Wal Mart all left for higher paying jobs. 

What higher paying jobs?  

So what about the non-Mexican and non-Baby Boomer workers?  Where did they go? 

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

What higher paying jobs?  

So what about the non-Mexican and non-Baby Boomer workers?  Where did they go? 

You claim to know the answer before you ask a question so enlighten us .

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Simple.  They are sitting home.  

When college and High School let out for the summer they were not going to get  unemployment benefits. Most states stopped the added benefit. When those benefits run out for the rest of the states then what is the excuse for a labor shortage ?

4 minutes ago, ALF said:

When college and High School let out for the summer they were not going to get  unemployment benefits. Most states stopped the added benefit. When those benefits run out for the rest of the states then what is the excuse for a labor shortage ?

Fear of Covid.

• Agree 1

NANCY PELOSI MEETS WITH BIDEN AIDES FOR 90 MINUTES TO PLOT HOW TO PUSH THE $3.5T BUDGET THROUGH CONGRESS

— DESPITE WARNINGS FROM MODERATE DEMOCRATS THEY WON’T GIVE THEIR BACKING.

Old and busted: Make America Great Again.

The new hotness? Make America Weimar Again!

weimar_million_note_reichsmark_10-25-13-

On 8/17/2021 at 5:54 PM, ALF said:

https://prospect.org/blogs/tap/no-unemployment-benefits-are-not-discouraging-work/

• Agree 1

On 7/29/2021 at 10:43 AM, Irv said:

It's been six minutes.  Time to make another post about Trump.  What a mess.    

I'm just taking this one, which was from a month or more ago, to say;  dude, stuff the "what a mess' schtick.  It's way over played out by you.  It's made me almost (not yet, but almost) 'ignore' you like I do the lib-tards.  Please stuff/stop that 'what a mess' schtick.  Please.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TtownBillsFan said:

I'm just taking this one, which was from a month or more ago, to say;  dude, stuff the "what a mess' schtick.  It's way over played out by you.  It's made me almost (not yet, but almost) 'ignore' you like I do the lib-tards.  Please stuff/stop that 'what a mess' schtick.  Please.

If you don’t think this country is a mess right now, you must be living under a rock.  I could care less if you ignore me.  You’re already ignoring everything a demented Biden has done to destroy the country.  What a mess.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, B-Man said:

NANCY PELOSI MEETS WITH BIDEN AIDES FOR 90 MINUTES TO PLOT HOW TO PUSH THE $3.5T BUDGET THROUGH CONGRESS

— DESPITE WARNINGS FROM MODERATE DEMOCRATS THEY WON’T GIVE THEIR BACKING.

Old and busted: Make America Great Again.

The new hotness? Make America Weimar Again!

weimar_million_note_reichsmark_10-25-13-

Is there anyway for them to push it through without Manchin and/or Sinema?

On 8/17/2021 at 2:54 PM, ALF said:

There likely won’t be one.  

9 hours ago, Governor said:

Yeah, Liberals and Democrats are just stupid.  Simple as that.  Sociologists and Demographologists...

How about this...the Town of Lake Placid cut its Ironman competition by 40% and moved half his Lacrosse tournament to Albany, forgoing tons of important revenue for the town...big hit economically.

Why?  Afraid of the virus?  NO, the municipality, the hotels, the restaurants, nobody could hire more than 40% capacity.  Real-world evidence, not some BS "professorial writing".  

Country is in big trouble.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, OrangeBills said:

Yeah, Liberals and Democrats are just stupid.  Simple as that.  Sociologists and Demographologists...

How about this...the Town of Lake Placid cut its Ironman competition by 40% and moved half his Lacrosse tournament to Albany, forgoing tons of important revenue for the town...big hit economically.

Why?  Afraid of the virus?  NO, the municipality, the hotels, the restaurants, nobody could hire more than 40% capacity.  Real-world evidence, not some BS "professorial writing".  

Country is in big trouble.

I think it’s pretty clear that people aren’t ever going to return to those low wage jobs. Some still seem to be in denial about that. No one wants to return to their pre-Covid life. We’re seeing evidence of that all across the workforce.

In our lifetime, American workers have never had the power they presently have.