Cardinals still showing the “Hail Murray”

34 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

There’s a difference between making four consecutive Superbowl’s and making a great play and continually showing it six months later, especially in the offseason. The way the team [Cardinals], Murray and Hopkins have gone on about this play is like they won the Superbowl with it.

Didn’t see Allen try and trademark a name off the play or see the Bills continually play it as much as I’ve seen it from the Cardinals.

Well I am guessing reason won't matter. There are message boards named after plays against Buffalo (aka Music City Miracle)....some people just look for anything to get upset about.

Ps we would do the same thing

1 hour ago, Buftex said:

Ok... but I think "Bills Mafia" is at the inflection point of transitioning for "lovable losers/great fans" to being insufferable...almost like Red Sox fans after they won a World Series.  

It was an amazing play by Hopkins, not a bad play by the Bills.  Maybe the best play of an entire NFL season.  It is worth celebrating for them.... I don't think celebrating it is them rubbing it in our face.

Our fan base is getting a little cocky.  We haven't won anything yet either... but you know that.  Are the Cardinals all of the sudden one our biggest rivals? 

I can see it happening. After decades of complaining about insufferable Pats fans, and recently complaining about insufferable Chiefs fans, we are absolutely no different. It's actually pretty funny to see the inability of Bills fans to recognize themselves in the mirror. 

But it's always been that way in sports, and human nature. Not everybody is subject to this, but most of us are at one point or another. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

We were the joke of the NFL for nearly two decades.  Should the Bills show no highlights for the 17 year drought? Pretty sure the Bills have only won two championships (last in 1965) as well and also played in Toronto.  So I'm not sure what the point of attacking the Cardinals is?  It was one of the greatest plays of the entire 2021 season, Taron Johnson's 101 yard INT being among the top 5 too.  

It’s because the Cardinals keep poking at the Bills and haven’t stopped since the play happened. I never saw any Bills player at any high/low point in team history try and trademark a play like Murray has. 

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Still stings every time I see it, only bc I had a lot of money on the bills money line. What an unreal wave of emotions it was from the ridiculous allen-diggs go ahead score to the hail mary. 

Need to us cut Addison to get some closure.

Don't bet on sports , kids. 

Assuming you didn't have money on the game, don't know why you would care at all at this point. It was the highlight of their season, they tanked after that game. Let them have their moment.

Edited by Process

One thing I never understood on the play was no one really got much of a vertical. Not even Hopkins. They were all just about a foot off the ground. Such a strange play. Poyer should've been the guy to knock it down. He had a running start. He got like no height. Just played it wrong. 

2 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Hyde even said that loss was awful they wouldn't change it as it motivated them to come out and slay teams the rest of the season.

The team’s reaction to it really showed something.  Allen said they were all like “Well, they got this one.  Next.”  Basically that it didn’t change what they thought they could accomplish the rest of the way.  No head hanging or anything like that.  

2 hours ago, Buftex said:

I know what you mean...but lets be fair.  Our team hasn't had a lot to show, other than some big plays here and there, for the better part of two decades...it's all they got right now...just like Kyle Williams TD celebrations for us for a few years there..or Nate Clements "destroying" Tom Brady 20 years ago, in a game we still got our asses handed to us.  Just sayin... 

IMO, there’s a big difference between celebrating heavily when a division rival has beaten you for 15 consecutive games [Patriots] and 20 consecutive games [Dolphins of the 70’s] and your team finally breaks through with a victory, compared to a team you only face once every four years. 

1 hour ago, Buftex said:

It wasn't the throw that was so amazing, it was the catch.  

I mean, he hoofed it 50 yards downfield on one leg. It was a pretty good throw, given the circumstances. He needed to land it in the endzone and he did. 

Of course, he wasn't aiming for anyone so to give him credit for hitting Hopkins is kinda weird.

4 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

I mean, he hoofed it 50 yards downfield on one leg. It was a pretty good throw, given the circumstances. He needed to land it in the endzone and he did. 

Of course, he wasn't aiming for anyone so to give him credit for hitting Hopkins is kinda weird.

There's an angle that shows Jordan Poyer chasing into Tre White at the exact moment the ball arrives and knocking Tre on his ass. 

Tre was in perfect position to rip the ball away until he got knocked off his spot by Poyer. 

5 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

IMO, there’s a big difference between celebrating heavily when a division rival has beaten you for 15 consecutive games [Patriots] and 20 consecutive games [Dolphins of the 70’s] and your team finally breaks through with a victory, compared to a team you only face once every four years. 

I'd give them more leeway if they had not gone into a tailspin and won just one game while the Bills did not lose again until the AFC Championship game. Honestly though, it barely bothered me at the time as it felt fluky and them having a moment rather than us blowing it and that felt time a change. This was not who we were anymore and games like this felt like an exception instead of a pattern. That said, it is still tiresome to see it without it being once put in context.

That the national press is airing it way too much is understandable--it's the sort of play that reminds people why they love football. It sells. That the Cardinals are doing it given how they did the opposite of capitalizing on it, just seems kind of sad.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

One thing I never understood on the play was no one really got much of a vertical. Not even Hopkins. They were all just about a foot off the ground. Such a strange play. Poyer should've been the guy to knock it down. He had a running start. He got like no height. Just played it wrong. 

Now we have 6' 7" Greg Rousseau with a 70" wingspan, 11" hands, and prior football experience at WR to employ under these circumstances on defense and maybe offense. 

I mean, as many time as I have watched the Colts game now, I feel like Arizona and that freakin' play was an important part of the process. They weren't going to let that ^$%# happen again vs Indy, even AFTER getting hosed on the non fumble call.

Also in things I watch over and over....Justin Tucker's face after those doinks.

Past that game, I forget! XD

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Now we have 6' 7" Greg Rousseau with a 70" wingspan, 11" hands, and prior football experience at WR to employ under these circumstances on defense and maybe offense. 

Groot has an 83" wingspan... He is a monster. 

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

It was a great play that ultimately means nothing now. 

Hopkins is another year older. 

aren't we all...why does this matter?

Edited by nucci