Cardinals still showing the “Hail Murray”

2 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Ok... but I think "Bills Mafia" is at the inflection point of transitioning for "lovable losers/great fans" to being insufferable...almost like Red Sox fans after they won a World Series.  

It was an amazing play by Hopkins, not a bad play by the Bills.  Maybe the best play of an entire NFL season.  It is worth celebrating for them.... I don't think celebrating it is them rubbing it in our face.

Our fan base is getting a little cocky.  We haven't won anything yet either... but you know that.  Are the Cardinals all of the sudden one our biggest rivals? 

You're right. We should let them have it. I almost puked when it happened, but that's a once in a decade type of catch. They had a pretty crappy season otherwise, let them have this.

And yeah, I don't want to become the Red Sox fans of NFL. It's almost as bad as when someone points out how loud Oh Hi Mark Stadium gets, some Chiefs fan inevitably waddles over to inform everyone that Arrowhead has the Guinness world record for decibel level in a stadium.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

Yeah, idk what the big uproar is over this. 

We all know that if Diggs had an equivalent play - hail mary, last play of the game, surrounded by three defenders - we'd be showing that highlight 'til the end of time. 

What is (also) funny about the "Hail Murray": had it not happened, Josh's TD pass to Diggs just a minute or two before, probably would have been one of the 2 or 3 greatest plays from our 2020 season.

• Like (+1) 4

40 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Yesterday on Twitter, the Arizona Cardinals posted the infamous “Hail Murray” photo on their Twitter feed. I think it’s funny, for a team that’s been in the NFL since 1920, been in three different cities [Chicago, St. Louis, Glendale] and has only won two championships in their 101 year history (last in 1947), I can see why the Cardinals keep showing this play as the Cardinals have absolutely nothing to show for. What a joke of a franchise! They’re the retirement home of the NFL.

We still talk about our teams that lost 4 straight super bowls. We didn't make the playoffs since 1999 before McDermott took over and look how Bills fans react to some success. You'd think we were the 2nd coming.

Why shouldn't the Cardinals show that highlight, it was by definition, a highlight.

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Buftex said:

What is (also) funny about the "Hail Murray": had it not happened, Josh's TD pass to Diggs just a minute or two before, probably would have been one of the 2 or 3 greatest plays from our 2020 season.

That pass was Allen's best throw of the season. It was amazing.  and it was 30 seconds before....

• Like (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Yesterday on Twitter, the Arizona Cardinals posted the infamous “Hail Murray” photo on their Twitter feed. I think it’s funny, for a team that’s been in the NFL since 1920, been in three different cities [Chicago, St. Louis, Glendale] and has only won two championships in their 101 year history (last in 1947), I can see why the Cardinals keep showing this play as the Cardinals have absolutely nothing to show for. What a joke of a franchise! They’re the retirement home of the NFL.

Hmmmm...I dont see it as a big deal. That was an amazing play. I am guessing you get upset whenever there is a Josh Allen highlight showing him hurdling over Anthony Barr?

8 minutes ago, klos63 said:

We still talk about our teams that lost 4 straight super bowls. We didn't make the playoffs since 1999 before McDermott took over and look how Bills fans react to some success. You'd think we were the 2nd coming.

Why shouldn't the Cardinals show that highlight, it was by definition, a highlight.

There’s a difference between making four consecutive Superbowl’s and making a great play and continually showing it six months later, especially in the offseason. The way the team [Cardinals], Murray and Hopkins have gone on about this play is like they won the Superbowl with it.

5 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

Hmmmm...I dont see it as a big deal. That was an amazing play. I am guessing you get upset whenever there is a Josh Allen highlight showing him hurdling over Anthony Barr?

Didn’t see Allen try and trademark a name off the play or see the Bills continually play it as much as I’ve seen it from the Cardinals.

1 hour ago, Boxcar said:

And the Cardinals have as little or less to show. They are the wrong team to be poking the beehive 

It is the right beehive to poke - they play us once every 4* years unless stars are aligned.  

If they poke a team in NFC then it might come back to sting them sooner.

* equation is a multiple variable one whose derivation is left as exercise to user.  Alignments do happen though where teams repeated play each other.

Edited by Limeaid

1 hour ago, Jerry Jabber said:

if it was reversed and we won a game that way, it would be played on this site all day. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jerry Jabber said:

We were the joke of the NFL for nearly two decades.  Should the Bills show no highlights for the 17 year drought? Pretty sure the Bills have only won two championships (last in 1965) as well and also played in Toronto.  So I'm not sure what the point of attacking the Cardinals is?  It was one of the greatest plays of the entire 2021 season, Taron Johnson's 101 yard INT being among the top 5 too.  

• Like (+1) 2