I See No Lies: NFLonCBS which of 8 teams has the best receivers?

That's a ridiculous list. 

There is a ton of skill position talent in the league right now though. 

Giants and Bengals snubbed too. Dolphins actually have a nice group. 

Robert Woods is awesome but Rams are probably not top 15, what the hell.

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

How do you judge this is the question. They seem to be doing this purely as a 1-2. 

The Cowboys 1-2 is Cooper and Lamb

The Panthers 1-2 is Moore and Anderson

The Falcons 1-2 is Jones and Ridley

The Buccs 1-2 is Evans and Godwin

The Rams 1-2 is Woods and Kupp

The Vikings 1-2 is Theilen and Jefferson

The Browns 1-2 is Beckham and Landry

The Seahawks 1-2 is Metcalf and Lockett

I think the Bills equivalent would be Diggs and Beasley. Maybe Beas is getting downgraded for being pretty much strictly a slot, but I'd argue that pair belongs above the Rams pair, the Browns pair, and the Panthers pair. Where I think the Bills definitely belong in the conversation even more prominently is when you say "okay well what about the depth?

The Cowboys have a legit #3 in Michael Gallup but I couldn't even tell you who their #4 is. 

The Panthers drafted Terrace Marshall Jnr and Shi Smith late (who I think was a bit of a steal) but they have no proven #3 until one of them starts making plays on an NFL field.

The Falcons have a solid but unspectacular #3 in Russell Gage, no idea who their #4 is.

The Buccs are stacked with a legit #3 in Antonio Brown and a legit #4 in Scotty Miller and they still have guys picked in the mid rounds the last two years behind that in the system. 

The Rams have an ageing DeSean Jackson as their #3 and then Van Jefferson and Tutu Atwell as guys drafted in the 2nd round the last two years but who need to prove it.

The Vikings have no proven #3. 

The Browns have Rashad Higgins and Donovan Peoples-Jones as their #3 and #4 who are solid not special.

The Seahawks have no proven #3 but did draft D'Wayne Eskridge early last weekend. 

The Bills, however, have Emmanuel Sanders and a second year Gabe Davis as their #3 and #4 which puts them towards the head of that list. If you are purely asking about 1-2 punch I think the Bills should be in the top 8 conversation but are probably talking 6th-8th and there may be other teams who have been unfairly missed off too (Chargers? Keenan Allen and Mike Williams?) but if you are talking top 4 receiver depth I think the Bills are possibly top 2. The Buccs would be #1 but after that the Bills are in the conversation for me in terms of proven guys who have shown they can play at a high level in this league. 

Great breakdown.  

Diggs is widely regarded as a Top 3 WR, so the disrespect is definitely aimed at Beasley.  

We have a deep WR room, but more importantly.. a stud QB, solid pass pro OL, WR’s who fit the scheme and strong Offensive Coaching. 

Put that all together and you have the recipe for a top passing offense in the NFL.

There are a lot of teams with strong WR rooms now.... even the Jets and Dolphins feel good about their talent/depth.  

We have a really talented WR room, but I think it’s overrated a bit here... What we do have is an elite QB1, WR1, players that fit what we do and all the ingredients needed for a successful passing attack.  

Edited by SCBills

We definitely aren't #1 but the question in the original tweet is "Who has the best WR corps?" not duo. Buffalo is easily in the top 8 as far as WR corps go.

Tampa is clearly #1 IMO though. I'd also probably bump Minnesota and Seattle out of the top 8. Giants should be in there IMO. Not sure who #8 would be but Minnesota and Seattle are basically only two deep.

Edited by DCOrange

5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Corey Davis is a good WR.... If j had the choice of him or Sanders on the outside, the answer is easy. The Jets WRs aren't already good. They have potentially 4 good options at WR. Moore and Mims have a long way to go, but are both highly touted college prospects. 

My point was it seems every team is loading up on wideouts via the draft or FA. You need at least 3 good WRs nowadays. 

Miami is another team with a potentially stacked group. Really depends on how Waddle performs year one. 

Corey Davis and his 51 reception and 2.75 TD's per season average is good.  

Emmanuel Sanders averages more than that even in the last 4 years when Davis started.  Davis was a borderline bust until he became average.

Gabe Davis has as many TD's in his rookie year than Corey Davis in the last 2 years.

But yeah Corey Davis is good?  Sanders and Gabe Davis aren't.  We only have 2 good WR in Beasley and Diggs....give me a break.  Get off the Jets nipple.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, chknwing334 said:

The only possible explanation is that they knew they would get a ton of replies by trolling Bills fans. Anyone that leaves Buffalo off the list of best WR corps loses every shred of credibility they may have had. 

If my math is right, they were 300-400 yards past the next best duo on that list. Also the only all pro duo.

It's actually weird. People were so rah rah Bills during the playoffs and latter part of the season, but they have been barely talked about by anyone in the offseason. The only time they enter the discussion is when some idiot is arguing that the Patriots will retake the division with Nelson Agholor and Kendrick Bourne.

Also, this narrative that the only reason for the huge passing game is Diggs is getting so irritating. I'm tired of Beasley not getting the respect he deserves. I also don't agree with the "he isn't flashy" narrative. He catches literally everything.

Edited by Boxcar
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, chknwing334 said:

The only possible explanation is that they knew they would get a ton of replies by trolling Bills fans. Anyone that leaves Buffalo off the list of best WR corps loses every shred of credibility they may have had. 

I initially thought PFF had made that a standard policy to generate hate clicks from the Bills Mafia, but came to realize they just hired idiots that also enjoyed yanking our chains. A nod to the PFF apologists that I am not knocking the value of just data collection and analytics as a practice in and of itself.

I remember reading through their game 1 comments last year. Allen did have a rough outing in our Jets win with ball security and some inaccuracies. But scrolling through all their comments I came to the conclusion they were no better than most fan-boys with their bias takes and slants. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-1-live-reactions-analysis-and-more

Timo Riske 4:23 PM
I can't wait for Bills Mafia to get mad at the Josh Allen grade, wherever this will end up

11 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I initially thought PFF had made that a standard policy to generate hate clicks from the Bills Mafia, but came to realize they just hired idiots that also enjoyed yanking our chains. A nod to the PFF apologists that I am not knocking the value of just data collection and analytics as a practice in and of itself.

I remember reading through their game 1 comments last year. Allen did have a rough outing in our Jets win with ball security and some inaccuracies. But scrolling through all their comments I came to the conclusion they were no better than most fan-boys with their bias takes and slants. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-1-live-reactions-analysis-and-more

Timo Riske 4:23 PM
I can't wait for Bills Mafia to get mad at the Josh Allen grade, wherever this will end up

Sites like PFF don't have good people because if they did, those people would get snatched up by some NFL FO. The value of those sites is in the statistics alone. The articles and opinions are worth virtually nothing.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

About all that...

Absolutely right that neither injury had to happen. But that's McDermott, very stubborn and set in his ways when it comes to certain things. Neither guy should have been out there when they got hurt .

• Agree 1

Honestly, I’m more worried than ever about our guys having enough gas in the tank for another deep playoff run.  Our receivers were the walking wounded at the end of last season.  There are 17 regular season games this year.  I hear the talk that no one is healthy at the end of a football season but it seemed to me that our offense’s complete reliance on the passing game potentially correlated to an increased chance for our receivers to be injured, which they were.  I sincerely hope that we have enough horses in the barn to make a deep run.  I also hope we achieve a better offensive balance this year.  

10 minutes ago, AmishRifle said:

Honestly, I’m more worried than ever about our guys having enough gas in the tank for another deep playoff run.  Our receivers were the walking wounded at the end of last season.  There are 17 regular season games this year.  I hear the talk that no one is healthy at the end of a football season but it seemed to me that our offense’s complete reliance on the passing game potentially correlated to an increased chance for our receivers to be injured, which they were.  I sincerely hope that we have enough horses in the barn to make a deep run.  I also hope we achieve a better offensive balance this year.  

It was mostly a fluke that they were all injured. Could happen to any team.