I See No Lies: NFLonCBS which of 8 teams has the best receivers?

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Diggs is a top outside WR. Beasleys a very good a slot. Outside of that they have an 34 YO Sanders who’s not who he was and a 2nd year WR in Davis who flashed but was also inconsistent.... solid unit but best in the league? Nah. 

It seems just about every team in the league is building their teams to have at least 3 good WRs. Hell, even the Jets have 4 seemingly good options in Corey Davis, Mims, Crowder, and now Elijah Moore. 

I’d say Bucs or Cowboys as best in the league though.

Yea the articles strictly on WRs.... otherwise yes, if you include Kelce with their WRs it’s probably the best skills position group in the NFL next to the Bucs.

Edgy

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Diggs is a top outside WR. Beasleys a very good a slot. Outside of that they have an 34 YO Sanders who’s not who he was and a 2nd year WR in Davis who flashed but was also inconsistent.... solid unit but best in the league? Nah. 

It seems just about every team in the league is building their teams to have at least 3 good WRs. Hell, even the Jets have 4 seemingly good options in Corey Davis, Mims, Crowder, and now Elijah Moore. 

Yea the articles strictly on WRs.... otherwise yes, if you include Kelce with their WRs it’s probably the best skills position group in the NFL next to the Bucs.

Edgy

3 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

I don't think anyone should reasonably argue the Bills have THE BEST WR room in the league, but, fortunately, that's NOT the point of this thread

And I have no doubt that you DO actually understand that. Just couldn't help yourself, though. Had to skip over the reasonable middle ground, almost reflexively, to present a more provocative take (when in fact you know damned well the Bills WR group is likely worse than #2 in the league but also probably better than #9. So therefore, worthy of being ON THE LIST.)

Scott gonna Scott. Can’t help himself. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

How do you judge this is the question. They seem to be doing this purely as a 1-2. 

The Cowboys 1-2 is Cooper and Lamb

The Panthers 1-2 is Moore and Anderson

The Falcons 1-2 is Jones and Ridley

The Buccs 1-2 is Evans and Godwin

The Rams 1-2 is Woods and Kupp

The Vikings 1-2 is Theilen and Jefferson

The Browns 1-2 is Beckham and Landry

The Seahawks 1-2 is Metcalf and Lockett

I think the Bills equivalent would be Diggs and Beasley. Maybe Beas is getting downgraded for being pretty much strictly a slot, but I'd argue that pair belongs above the Rams pair, the Browns pair, and the Panthers pair. Where I think the Bills definitely belong in the conversation even more prominently is when you say "okay well what about the depth?

The Cowboys have a legit #3 in Michael Gallup but I couldn't even tell you who their #4 is. 

The Panthers drafted Terrace Marshall Jnr and Shi Smith late (who I think was a bit of a steal) but they have no proven #3 until one of them starts making plays on an NFL field.

The Falcons have a solid but unspectacular #3 in Russell Gage, no idea who their #4 is.

The Buccs are stacked with a legit #3 in Antonio Brown and a legit #4 in Scotty Miller and they still have guys picked in the mid rounds the last two years behind that in the system. 

The Rams have an ageing DeSean Jackson as their #3 and then Van Jefferson and Tutu Atwell as guys drafted in the 2nd round the last two years but who need to prove it.

The Vikings have no proven #3. 

The Browns have Rashad Higgins and Donovan Peoples-Jones as their #3 and #4 who are solid not special.

The Seahawks have no proven #3 but did draft D'Wayne Eskridge early last weekend. 

The Bills, however, have Emmanuel Sanders and a second year Gabe Davis as their #3 and #4 which puts them towards the head of that list. If you are purely asking about 1-2 punch I think the Bills should be in the top 8 conversation but are probably talking 6th-8th and there may be other teams who have been unfairly missed off too (Chargers? Keenan Allen and Mike Williams?) but if you are talking top 4 receiver depth I think the Bills are possibly top 2. The Buccs would be #1 but after that the Bills are in the conversation for me in terms of proven guys who have shown they can play at a high level in this league. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

How are Mims and Moore already good?

You state Gabe Davis after one year is inconsistent but then label Corey Davis as good when he’s been even more inconsistent in his 4 years?  

Wow.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I assumed they were looking at WR corps from last year based on the debate.

Hardman had like 40 catches and 560 yards last year— that is pretty solid in that offense with all the other options. 

Gabriel Davis had 35 catches forv 599 yards and 7 TDs.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Gabriel Davis had 35 catches forv 599 yards and 7 TDs.  

I agree that the Bills needed to be high on that list for that reason, among others. If you are looking at last year, it would be tough to get better production out of your top 4 (really 5, if you count McKenzie). 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

How do you judge this is the question. They seem to be doing this purely as a 1-2. 

I think the Bills equivalent would be Diggs and Beasley. Maybe Beas is getting downgraded for being pretty much strictly a slot, but I'd argue that pair belongs above the Rams pair, the Browns pair, and the Panthers pair. Where I think the Bills definitely belong in the conversation even more prominently is when you say "okay well what about the depth?

The Cowboys have a legit #3 in Michael Gallup but I couldn't even tell you who their #4 is. 

The Panthers drafted Terrace Marshall Jnr and Shi Smith late (who I think was a bit of a steal) but they have no proven #3 until one of them starts making plays on an NFL field.

The Falcons have a solid but unspectacular #3 in Russell Gage, no idea who their #4 is.

The Buccs are stacked with a legit #3 in Antonio Brown and a legit #4 in Scotty Miller and they still have guys picked in the mid rounds the last two years behind that in the system. 

The Rams have an ageing DeSean Jackson as their #3 and then Van Jefferson and Tutu Atwell as guys drafted in the 2nd round the last two years but who need to prove it.

The Browns have Rashad Higgins and Donovan Peoples-Jones as their #3 and #4 who are solid not special.

The Seahawks have no proven #3 but did draft D'Wayne Eskridge early last weekend. 

The Bills, however, have Emmanuel Sanders and a second year Gabe Davis as their #3 and #4 which puts them towards the head of that list. If you are purely asking about 1-2 punch I think the Bills should be in the top 8 conversation but are probably talking 6th-8th and there may be other teams who have been unfairly missed off too (Chargers? Keenan Allen and Mike Williams?) but if you are talking top 4 receiver depth I think the Bills are possibly top 2. The Buccs would be #1 but after that the Bills are in the conversation for me in terms of proven guys who have shown they can play at a high level in this league. 

I'm sorry but in what world do the duo of the league leading 1st team all pro and also league leading (from the slot) 2nd team all pro not even make your top 5?  Diggs paired with a pylon is still automatically top 10.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You state Gabe Davis after one year is inconsistent but then label Corey Davis as good when he’s been even more inconsistent in his 4 years?  

Wow.

Death, Taxes...... and @ScottLaw hyping the jets during the off-season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

One thing I was thinking of is why 8? Maybe this guy was trying to troll Bills fans. Who makes a top 8? Could've easily went top 10. This is a troll job. 

It’s the NFLonCBS network account

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

So NFL on CBS knows nothing.

Buffalo vs Everyone, Baby

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

At least I got to read a thoughtful response out of it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Wow.

Yeah any allusions to Jets WRs > Bills WRs automatically put someone in my "can disregard all future opinions" book.  Especially as a Bills fan, that's something you should never be able to live down.  May as well be an outspoken flat earther strutting into an astronomy convention.

Bills should’ve been in that convo.  Not saying that they’re #1, but I don’t see how they’re left out of consideration.  Maybe if they were including TEs and pass catching from RBs, but not straight up WR corps. 

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Wow.

What you need to realize is that Scott is the sort of fan who, after last year's amazing season, watched the AFC Championship game and the only thought crossing his mind was, "I knew they weren't good enough."

• Agree 2

There are actually quite a few great WR combos in the league. It's why the Bills traded for Diggs. You can't run a championship caliber offense with John Brown and a bunch of rotating backups as your top 2 guys. I don't know where our WR corps ranks, but I know it is championship caliber which is good enough for me.

• Like (+1) 1