I See No Lies: NFLonCBS which of 8 teams has the best receivers?

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to I See No Lies: NFLonCBS which of 8 teams has the best receivers?
3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am actually surprised that the chiefs didn’t get more love. If you are talking about last year’s team, Hill, Hardiman, and Watkins would seem to be a good combo (not sure you can include Kelce, who would obviously put them way over the top).

Yes, the Chiefs were another startling omission. (Assume you mean Hardman)

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am actually surprised that the chiefs didn’t get more love. If you are talking about last year’s team, Hill, Hardiman, and Watkins would seem to be a good combo (not sure you can include Kelce, who would obviously put them way over the top).

Watkins is gone and Hardman hasn't proven to be a good WR.

• Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

I assumed they were looking at WR corps from last year based on the debate.

Hardman had like 40 catches and 560 yards last year— that is pretty solid in that offense with all the other options. 

Pure comedy! 

Oh well. 

Diggs and Adams are 1a and 1b

We got best slot in the game. 

A great 2nd year guy in Davis. 

And Sanders , an upgrade over Smoke. 

Plus our rookie this year and Hodgins 

I anticipate us to have even more passing yards this year!

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I assumed they were looking at WR corps from last year based on the debate.

Hardman had like 40 catches and 560 yards last year— that is pretty solid in that offense with all the other options. 

By phrasing it as "has," it means currently.  And the Bills still have their top-3 receivers from last year.

As for Hardman, he should have supplanted Sammy last year.  I'll wait to see what he does this year.

In terms of size and physical ability Bills aren't top 10. In terms of route running, they're top 3, maybe #1. Diggs, Beasley, and Sanders might be the best trio in the league route running. 

With Beasley and Sanders though it's an aging group. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Diggs is a top outside WR. Beasleys a very good a slot. Outside of that they have an 34 YO Sanders who’s not who he was and a 2nd year WR in Davis who flashed but was also inconsistent.... solid unit but best in the league? Nah. 

I’d say Bucs or Cowboys. 

I don't think anyone should reasonably argue the Bills have THE BEST WR room in the league, but, fortunately, that's NOT the point of this thread

And I have no doubt that you DO actually understand that. Just couldn't help yourself, though. Had to skip over the reasonable middle ground, almost reflexively, to present a more provocative take (when in fact you know damned well the Bills WR group is likely worse than #2 in the league but also probably better than #9. So therefore, worthy of being ON THE LIST.)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Doc said:

He's the #2 WR but #3 receiver on the team.  He doesn't see a lot of targets because Kelce, because Hill, but he catches 66% of the targets he gets for 13.7 Y/R; seems pretty good to me.

38 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

In terms of size and physical ability Bills aren't top 10. In terms of route running, they're top 3, maybe #1. Diggs, Beasley, and Sanders might be the best trio in the league route running. 

With Beasley and Sanders though it's an aging group. 

Well, I don't know about you, but when I think about what WR I've got on my team, what comes to mind are route running ability, ability to seperate, and ability to make the tough reception - the sideline shoestring, the contested catch, etc.

It's pretty ridiculous to just not even have them in a group of 8 teams.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He's the #2 WR but #3 receiver on the team.  He doesn't see a lot of targets because Kelce, because Hill, but he catches 66% of the targets he gets for 13.7 Y/R; seems pretty good to me.

Well, I don't know about you, but when I think about what WR I've got on my team, what comes to mind are route running ability, ability to seperate, and ability to make the tough reception - the sideline shoestring, the contested catch, etc.

It's pretty ridiculous to just not even have them in a group of 8 teams.

One thing I was thinking of is why 8? Maybe this guy was trying to troll Bills fans. Who makes a top 8? Could've easily went top 10. This is a troll job.