Josh Allen superstitions

Got in the car at the perfect time as Kiss 98.5 was having some type of kid's telathon and they had Josh Allen on to talk to him and they asked if he had any superstitions.

He said he has the following:

-he has to put his right sock on first followed by his left sock 

-he can only listen to volumes on anything(car, TV, radio etc) on even numbers only. It's so bad that if he thinks he mistakenly bumped the volume button as he is turning off the truck he will turn it back on to make sure it is on an even volume before getting out.

-he has to listen to his playlist before games

That was pretty much it...he talked about how great the fans and community is and how they get amped up before every season and expect that every year is their year and how the players can feel it in the air and they love it.

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, MPL said:

I'd sure like a Josh Allen jersey, but I fear he'll become terrible if I get one. That's my Josh Allen superstition. 

i was terrified when I got my JA jersey near the end of the year. But I just had to get one and wear it. I believe I got it before the last Miami game— so I had that win and two playoff wins under my belt. I believe that counteracts the KC loss. 

27 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i was terrified when I got my JA jersey near the end of the year. But I just had to get one and wear it. I believe I got it before the last Miami game— so I had that win and two playoff wins under my belt. I believe that counteracts the KC loss. 

Well I was even cutting it closer...got  Diggs, Allen, Edmunds and White jerseys and they all came in right before the first playoff game...only wore the JA 17 one so far tho. Wore that for all 3 playoff games

42 minutes ago, MPL said:

I'd sure like a Josh Allen jersey, but I fear he'll become terrible if I get one. That's my Josh Allen superstition. 

I had the same fear, every jersey I got the player either left or just fell off a cliff performance wise. I finally broke down and bought an Allen jersey before the start of last year so I think he broke the curse.

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Got in the car at the perfect time as Kiss 98.5 was having some type of kid's telathon and they had Josh Allen on to talk to him and they asked if he had any superstitions.

-he can only listen to volumes on anything(car, TV, radio etc) on even numbers only. It's so bad that if he thinks he mistakenly bumped the volume button as he is turning off the truck he will turn it back on to make sure it is on an even volume before getting out.

That was pretty much it...he talked about how great the fans and community is and how they get amped up before every season and expect that every year is their year and how the players can feel it in the air and they love it.

Yikes. I do the volume thing, but in intervals of 5. It's either on 5, 10, 15, or 20.

Also when pumping gas it must end in 5 or 0. I'm insane. 

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

he can only listen to volumes on anything(car, TV, radio etc) on even numbers only.

JA17 doesn't realize what he's missing out on:

......yet he wears an odd number jersey?

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yikes. I do the volume thing, but in intervals of 5. It's either on 5, 10, 15, or 20.

Also when pumping gas it must end in 5 or 0. I'm insane. 

Lol I do the gas thing all the time. I either stop it at .50 or .00 . If it goes past I feel weird and must go to the next mark. One time I kept missing it and fuel poured out lol. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

JA17 doesn't realize what he's missing out on:

......yet he wears an odd number jersey?

Hahaha...they said that to him too!  His reply was that he didn't have a choice at Wyoming and that was the number assigned to him when he got there.

8 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Lol I do the gas thing all the time. I either stop it at .50 or .00 . If it goes past I feel weird and must go to the next mark. One time I kept missing it and fuel poured out lol. 

Happened to me too!  Back when gas spiked like over $4 per gallon.  Plus, I'm convinced some gas stations somehow set their pumps to normally stop $.01 over, necessitating trying again to hit .00!

I do the even volume thing too ... but over the past couple of years I've started to allow exceptions for 17 and 27, due to the form of Josh and Tre.  Seems like utter madness as I type it, but seems perfectly logical in the car. 😀

13 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I've been doing non 5's/0's even numbers on things lately.  microwave something for 30 seconds?  Why not 33?  

I have an even/odd thing with gas also, but it's octane based.

I will only allow the fuel to be an "even" total octane.

Sine the choices are 87, 89 or 93 octane, I have developed charts that I carry to blend to three in hundreds of potential volume options so that it averages 88, 90, or 92.

Takes a bit longer at the pump, but peace of mind is pricless.

11 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Volume is always even for me unless the last number ends in 5....that’s okay.

27, hell no.  25....yep!

I am the exact same way.  Do that for setting temperatures too 😆

My old roommate knew I did this and would always f*** with me by turning the volume to some particularly annoying number.